Congratulations ! You are probably looking to go solar and that has bought you here in search of your perfect 100 watt solar panel. Whether you are going for a grid connected solar system or an off grid solar system the 100 watt solar panel is the best choice.
Your 100 watt solar panel creates electricity from sunlight thanks to a collection silicon based solar cells packed inside the metal and tempered glass frame. The 100 watt solar panel outputs DC and you will need an inverter to convert it into Alternating Current output that can be used by your home appliances. Batteries are normally not required unless you plan to stay off grid or you are planning to use your 100 watt solar panel in a boat or for a similar off grid application.
In the following section, you will see a number of different brands to choose your 100 watt solar panel. The three main criterion you could use to compare the different 100 watt solar panels are :
Solar panel efficiency : Compare against the industry standard of 16-18%
Solar Panel warranty : Compare against industry average of 10-25 years
Solar Panel Cost relative to its efficiency : Look for value, the most efficient may not be the best value as they may charge too high a premium for efficiency.
Here are your best option for 100 watt solar panels :
- Perfect for 12-volt battery charging or multiple panels can be wired in series for 24/48-volt battery charging or for grid-tied applications
- Diodes are pre-installed in junction box and a pair of 31-inch cables with MC4 connectors comes with the panel automatically
- Withstand high wind (2400Pa) and snow loads (5400Pa); resistant aluminum frame which allows the panels to last for decades
- High modules conversion efficiency. Ideal output: 500 watt hours per day (depends on sunlight availability)
- 25-year transferable power output warranty; 5-year material and workmanship warranty
- MLS-100WP is a 12v 18v 100 watt polycrystaline solar panel
- Dimensions: 40 inches x 27 inches x 1.40 inches. Pre drilled diodes in junction box and a pair of 35 inch cables with MC4 connectors already attached to the panel
- High efficiency solar cells based on innovative photovoltaic technology
- Strong aluminum frame manufactured to withstand a heavier snow load and high wind pressures, passing a snow load of 5400Pa.
- Pre drilled holes on the back of the panel for fast mounting and securing
- Anti-reflective, high transparency, low iron-tempered glass with enhanced stiffness and impact resistance, Withstand high winds (2400 Pa) and snow loads (5400 Pa). IP65 rated junction box provides complete protection against environmental particles and low pressure water jets.
- Pre-drilled holes on the back of the panel allow for fast mounting and securing. Compatible with different mounting systems such as Z-brackets, Pole Mounts, and Tilt Mounts.
- High module conversion efficiency. Ideal output: 500Wh per day (depending on the availability of sunlight). Bypass diodes minimize power drop caused by shade and ensure excellent performance in low-light environments.
- Advanced encapsulation material with multilayered sheet laminations to enhance cell performance and provide a long service life. Corrosion-resistant aluminum frame for extended outdoor use, allowing the panels to last for decades
- 5 years material and workmanship warranty and 25 years power output warranty.
- Advanced encapsulation material with multi-layered sheet laminations to enhance cell performance and provide a long service life.
- Guaranteed positive output tolerance (0-3%); withstands high winds (2400Pa) and snow loads (5400Pa).
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum frame for extended outdoor use, allowing the panels to last for decades.
- Compatible with on-grid and off-grid inverters.
- Pre-drilled holes on the back of the panel allow for fast mounting and securing.
- Maximum power (Pmax): 100W
- Voltage at Pmax (Vmp):17.2V
- Current at Pmax (Imp): 5.81A
- Diodes are pre-installed in junction box, with a pair of pre-attached 3ft MC4 Cable
- 25-year transferable power output warranty
|Solar Panel Kits||Home Solar Systems||Solar Panel Technology|
|Car & Truck Inverters||Types of Solar Panels||Solar Charge Controllers|
100 watt solar panels
Last update on 2018-04-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API