Portable Generator Enclosure
During this time of unpredictable weather conditions due to global warming, power outages are becoming more common. Protecting your Portable Generator with a portable generator enclosure has become a necessity rather than a luxury.
Generators like any other machines deserve our attention and protection especially when they are being used so frequently.
See the best generator enclosures right here and also learn why they make such a good investment.
5 Reasons to buy a Generator Enclosure
Protection from Weather Elements
Power outages usually come at times we least expect them, it is, therefore, necessary to protect the generator from extreme weather.
Snowstorms, heavy rains, wind, and other severe weather conditions can affect the performance of your generator.
If you love traveling in your SUV then you need to protect the generator since it will spend a good chunk of its time at the back of your vehicle.
Campers also understand the need of owning a generator enclosure since most of the time the generator is outside the camping tent.
Enclosure for Noise Reduction
If you live in urban area then you know an enclosure for your generator is a sure way of keeping the neighbors happy.
In rural areas, noise may not be a problem, but with small children, and sometimes for your peace of mind a portable generator enclosure comes in handy.
Finally, keeping the pristine outdoors silent is reason enough to have a generator enclosure while camping.
Mobility and Flexibility
A generator enclosure is something that offers flexibility when you have to move one of the heavier and less portable generators from one place to another.
And some Generator Enclosures with wheels provide additional convenience to those who love camping and enjoying some time away from home.
Additionally, it is fairly easy to assemble the generator and the enclosure at any location.
Keep off dirt, debris, and intruders
The primary purpose of buying a portable generator enclosure is to increase the lifespan and reduce the maintenance cost; A portable enclosure ensures that your generator is free from dirt and debris.
They also protect it from intruders causing damage to the equipment. A generator enclosure also reduces chances of accidents happening.
Generators that come with their mufflers tend to be quite expensive, it is, therefore, advisable to purchase a cheaper generator model with little modifications and separately purchase a portable generator enclosure on its own as a measure to reduce the cost.
Pros and Cons
1. Provides better ventilation
provides better ventilation as the enclosure does not block the ventilation, therefore, allows better air intake and therefore your generator’s motor won’t be choked, the heat generated is allowed to diffuse naturally in the enclosure.
Most manufacturers can customize your portable generator enclosure according, to the model you are using, some of the enclosures are adjustable for the convenience of the user.
3.Better camping experience
Reduced noise pollution, you enjoy a quiet camping experience, you are also assured that your generator will supply sufficient power even if there are any weather changes
1 Noise and air pollution
Despite the ability to prevent noise pollution, a portable generator enclosure does not block all the noise there is that ‘little” noise pollution. The enclosure does not prevent air pollution as the generator will still emit some carbon monoxide.
2. Extreme weather conditions
Flood water may get into your generator enclosure, therefore, affecting the performance of your generator. Extreme winds may also blow some parts of your enclosure if the generator is not large enough.
Top 3 portable generator enclosure on Amazon
Microfab Generator enclosure
Made of thick aluminum, it is one of the customer-centered models you will find; it provides the much-needed security for your generator. The Aluminum is also coated to prevent corrosion. It comes with four mounting holes at the bottom for that extra security.
It is also easy to refuel as you can open the doors by the side as well as the top. The unit weighs just 235 pounds with dimensions of (43” by 33” by 30”). See the Microfab Portable Generator enclosure on Amazon
Keter Store Horizontal Storage Shed
This outdoor storage shed has a stylish wood-like texture, it is made of polypropylene plastic material and reinforced with steel to ensure durability.
It also has ample storage capacity to accommodate larger models of generators. See the Keter Horizontal Shed right here.
Suncast Elements Outdoor Cabinet
Made of durable double-wall resin construction this generator enclosure provides maximum protection at all times, it is convenient, easy to store and clean.
With internal dimensions of 37-1/4 in. Width 17-1/2 in. Depth and 32-1/4 in. Height, the Suncast is nice and roomy for most portable generators.
See the Suncast Generator Casing here.
And if you are still not satisfied, here are some more Generator Enclosures that are popular on Amazon.
- Safely run your portable generator outside in any wet weather - rain, snow, ice, sleet, and wind.
- Waterproof and sheds water away, prrotecting sensitive electrical areas, large door for easy refuel.
- Patented design maintains generator natural cooling air flow; keep generator portable.
- Universal welded waterproof cover size fits portable generators 3000-10000 watt.
- Simple 3 Step Install!
- DIMENSIONS: Exterior: 55. 5 in. L x 32. 3 in. W x 48. 6 in. H / Interior: 51. 4 in. L x 26. 0 in. W x 46 in. H
- IDEAL SIZE: Large storage capacity: 41 cu. Ft.
- RESIN CONSTRUCTION: Made from polypropylene resin plastic & steel reinforcement to ensure its durability
- HYDRAULIC PISTONS: automatic easy-opening mechanism
- BIN OPENING KIT: includes a bin opening kit with lid-to-lid chains, which means that a one-handed lift of the lid also opens the garbage cans inside
- Great for storing patio, lawn, and gardening tools and supplies ; The shed can accommodate one wood shelf (not included).
- Tough, double-walled construction and an impact-resistant floor protects items from inclement weather
- External Dimensions - 36 x 55 x 28 inches. Inside dimensions: 29 x 47 X 21 inches
- Will not rot or rust like metal or wood sheds, Easy assembly
- 1-shelf capacity (shelf sold separately); Storage Capacity: 18 cubic feet
- OUTDOOR STORAGE: Shed for storing garbage cans, tools and garden accessories
- DURABLE: Multi-wall resin panels are engineered for strength and stability
- FUNCTIONAL LID: Easy-lift lid with prop rod for easy access to your items
- INTEGRITY: All-weather construction provides water resistance and UV protection, maintaining appearance of shed
- LOCKABLE DOORS: Three door locking system for security of your outdoor accessories
- OUTDOOR STORAGE: A beautiful shed to store and protect your garbage cans, lawn and garden tools, snow blowers, bicycles, and more
- DURABLE: Multi-walled polypropylene resin panels are engineered for long lasting strength and stability
- REINFORCED FLOOR: Heavy-duty floor is designed to withstand abuse, supporting your lawn mower or other heavy equipment
- UNINHIBITED ACCESS: Hinged lid technology provides seamless, corner to corner access to your every belonging
- LOCKABLE DOORS: Features a three door locking system and padlock hasp for superior security
end of the article on Portable Generator Enclosure
Last update on 2020-01-29 at 03:42 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API