Portable Generator Enclosure
During this time of unpredictable weather conditions due to global warming, power outages are becoming more common. Protecting your Portable Generator with a portable generator enclosure has become a necessity rather than a luxury.
Generators like any other machines deserve our attention and protection especially when they are being used so frequently.
See the best generator enclosures right here and also learn why they make such a good investment.
5 Reasons to buy a Generator Enclosure
Protection from Weather Elements
Power outages usually come at times we least expect them, it is, therefore, necessary to protect the generator from extreme weather.
Snowstorms, heavy rains, wind, and other severe weather conditions can affect the performance of your generator.
If you love traveling in your SUV then you need to protect the generator since it will spend a good chunk of its time at the back of your vehicle.
Campers also understand the need of owning a generator enclosure since most of the time the generator is outside the camping tent.
Enclosure for Noise Reduction
If you live in urban area then you know an enclosure for your generator is a sure way of keeping the neighbors happy.
In rural areas, noise may not be a problem, but with small children, and sometimes for your peace of mind a portable generator enclosure comes in handy.
Finally, keeping the pristine outdoors silent is reason enough to have a generator enclosure while camping.
Mobility and Flexibility
A generator enclosure is something that offers flexibility when you have to move one of the heavier and less portable generators from one place to another.
And some Generator Enclosures with wheels provide additional convenience to those who love camping and enjoying some time away from home.
Additionally, it is fairly easy to assemble the generator and the enclosure at any location.
Keep off dirt, debris, and intruders
The primary purpose of buying a portable generator enclosure is to increase the lifespan and reduce the maintenance cost; A portable enclosure ensures that your generator is free from dirt and debris.
They also protect it from intruders causing damage to the equipment. A generator enclosure also reduces chances of accidents happening.
Generators that come with their mufflers tend to be quite expensive, it is, therefore, advisable to purchase a cheaper generator model with little modifications and separately purchase a portable generator enclosure on its own as a measure to reduce the cost.
Pros and Cons
1. Provides better ventilation
provides better ventilation as the enclosure does not block the ventilation, therefore, allows better air intake and therefore your generator’s motor won’t be choked, the heat generated is allowed to diffuse naturally in the enclosure.
Most manufacturers can customize your portable generator enclosure according, to the model you are using, some of the enclosures are adjustable for the convenience of the user.
3.Better camping experience
Reduced noise pollution, you enjoy a quiet camping experience, you are also assured that your generator will supply sufficient power even if there are any weather changes
1 Noise and air pollution
Despite the ability to prevent noise pollution, a portable generator enclosure does not block all the noise there is that ‘little” noise pollution. The enclosure does not prevent air pollution as the generator will still emit some carbon monoxide.
2. Extreme weather conditions
Flood water may get into your generator enclosure, therefore, affecting the performance of your generator. Extreme winds may also blow some parts of your enclosure if the generator is not large enough.
Top 3 portable generator enclosure on Amazon
Microfab Generator enclosure
Made of thick aluminum, it is one of the customer-centered models you will find; it provides the much-needed security for your generator. The Aluminum is also coated to prevent corrosion. It comes with four mounting holes at the bottom for that extra security.
It is also easy to refuel as you can open the doors by the side as well as the top. The unit weighs just 235 pounds with dimensions of (43” by 33” by 30”). See the Microfab Portable Generator enclosure on Amazon
Keter Store Horizontal Storage Shed
This outdoor storage shed has a stylish wood-like texture, it is made of polypropylene plastic material and reinforced with steel to ensure durability.
It also has ample storage capacity to accommodate larger models of generators. See the Keter Horizontal Shed right here.
Suncast Elements Outdoor Cabinet
Made of durable double-wall resin construction this generator enclosure provides maximum protection at all times, it is convenient, easy to store and clean.
With internal dimensions of 37-1/4 in. Width 17-1/2 in. Depth and 32-1/4 in. Height, the Suncast is nice and roomy for most portable generators.
See the Suncast Generator Casing here.
And if you are still not satisfied, here are some more Generator Enclosures that are popular on Amazon.
- Start Dead Batteries - Safely jump start a dead car battery in seconds with this compact, yet powerful, 2000-amp portable lithium car battery jump starter pack - up to 40 jump starts on a single charge - and rated for gasoline engines up to 8 liters and diesel engines up to 6 liters.
- UltraSafe - Safe and easy to use car battery jump starter pack without the worry of incorrect connections or sparks. Safely connect to any 12-volt automotive car battery with our mistake-proof design featuring spark-proof technology and reverse polarity protection.
- Multi-Function - It's a car jump starter, portable power bank, LED flashlight, and 12-volt portable power. Recharge smartphones, tablets, and other USB devices. It's easily rechargeable from any powered USB port in 6 hours at 2.1-amps. An integrated 400-lumen LED flashlight with seven light modes, including emergency strobe and SOS. Plus, a 12-volt, 15-amp outport port for powering any 12VDC devices, like tire inflators, inverters and more.
- Advanced Design - Our most advanced portable car battery jump starter ever. Featuring high-discharge lithium technology for safe operation in any climate. A rugged and water-resistant enclosure rated at IP65. A rubberized over-molded casing to prevent scratching or marring of surfaces. Allows rapid charging in 2-hours via the vehicles auxiliary port. And an ultra-compact and lightweight design weighing just 5 pounds.
- In The Box - GB70 UltraSafe Portable Lithium Car Battery Jump Starter Pack, Needle-Nose Battery Clamps, XGC Male and Female Connectors, XGC Cable, Micro USB Charging Cable, Microfiber Storage Bag, User Guide, 1-Year Warranty, and Designed in the USA.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: The Jackery Explorer 240 portable power station has been featured as the "Best Portable Power Station for use in the outdoors" by Digital Trends. A classic choice for your pick.
- EASY TO CARRY: This entry-level portable power station is equipped with a 240Wh lithium-ion battery pack, weighing only at 6.6 pounds. The solid handle makes it easy to carry around for outdoor adventures such as Tent Camping, Road Trip, Backyard Camping, etc.
- VERSATILE POWER SOURCE: 1* Pure Sine Wave AC outlet (110V 200W 400W Peak), 2* USB-A ports (5V, 2.4A), and 1* 12V DC car port to charge your road trip essentials such as smartphones, laptops, cameras, fans, lights and so on. Pass-through charging is supported.
- GREEN POWER SUPPLY: The power station can be recharged by the Jackery SolarSaga 60 solar panel or SolarSaga 100 solar panel. Its built-in MPPT controller enables the solar panel to operate at its max power point for the power station to be recharged at its highest efficiency. TWO alternative ways to recharge: through the wall outlet or the car outlet.
- WHAT YOU GET: 1* Jackery Explorer 240 portable power station, 1*AC adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user guide.
- QUIET TECHNOLOGY: 61 dBA is great for RVs, tailgating, or camping with 4500 starting watts and 3500 running watts and up to 14 hours run time on only 2.3 gallons of gasoline
- PARALLEL READY: The optional parallel kit (sold separately) enables this inverter to connect with another 2800-watt or higher Champion inverter to double your output power
- INTELLIGAUGE: Monitor voltage, frequency and operating hours with ease, plus the EZ Start Dial simplifies startup while Economy Mode monitors power consumption in real time
- CLEAN POWER: RV Ready with a 120V 30A RV, plus two 120V 20A household outlets with clean power (less than 3% THD) and a 12V automotive-style outlet, plus a handy dual port USB adapter
- CHAMPION SUPPORT: Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
- DIMENSIONS: Exterior: 51. 2 in. W x 75. 6 in. D x 78 in. H / Interior: 43. 7 in. W x 69. 7 in. D x 74. 8 in. H
- IDEAL SIZE: Generous storage capacity of 131. 8 cubic feet
- RESIN CONSTRUCTION: Made from polypropylene resin plastic & steel reinforced to ensure durability - will not peel, rot or rust & never needs painting
- DURABLE: Weather-resistant, waterproof and UV protected - will not peel, rot or rust
- LIGHT & AIRY: Skylight and window to let in natural light & vented for air circulation
- LONG LASTING ENDURANCE: The Explorer 500 portable power station is built with the lithium-ion battery pack, in a safely designed frame structure to maximize, and long last the power for every single use of outdoor adventures and home use.
- THE PERFECT CAPACITY: With a 518 watt-hour (24Ah, 21.6V) capacity, it is ready to power many appliances - mini cooler, fan, projector, lamp light, and TV.
- SUPPORT PASS-THROUGH CHARGING: This power station features 1* AC outlet (110V 500W 1000W Peak), 3*USB-A ports, 2* DC ports, and 1*car port. Its Battery Management System governs each individual cell, improving the battery life cycle while being pass-through charged.
- DESIGNED FOR PORTABILITY: Same size as a basketball, this Explorer 500 is easy to carry with its solid handle, making it a compact and reliable choice for scenarios of camping, road-trip, RV, and home backup.
- WHAT YOU GET: 1* Jackery Explorer 500 Portable Power Station (518Wh Power Station), 1*AC adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user manual.
- 9500 Running Watts and 12500 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 8500 Running Watts, 11200 Peak Watts (Propane); Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 12 Hours of Run Time on a 6. 6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI 120V 5–20R Standard Household Receptacle, One Transfer Switch Ready 120V L14-30R, and One RV Ready 120/240V 14–50R; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Powered by a Heavy Duty 457cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve With Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter. VFT display gives you real time updates with the voltage output, frequency, and lifetime hours
- Plug-and-Play: Comes With a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User’s Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed by 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage with Nationwide Customer Service Network
end of the article on Portable Generator Enclosure
Last update on 2022-05-21 at 10:35 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API