Portable Generator Enclosure
During this time of unpredictable weather conditions due to global warming, power outages are becoming more common. Protecting your Portable Generator with a portable generator enclosure has become a necessity rather than a luxury.
Generators like any other machines deserve our attention and protection especially when they are being used so frequently.
See the best generator enclosures right here and also learn why they make such a good investment.
5 Reasons to buy a Generator Enclosure
Protection from Weather Elements
Power outages usually come at times we least expect them, it is, therefore, necessary to protect the generator from extreme weather.
Snowstorms, heavy rains, wind, and other severe weather conditions can affect the performance of your generator.
If you love traveling in your SUV then you need to protect the generator since it will spend a good chunk of its time at the back of your vehicle.
Campers also understand the need of owning a generator enclosure since most of the time the generator is outside the camping tent.
Enclosure for Noise Reduction
If you live in urban area then you know an enclosure for your generator is a sure way of keeping the neighbors happy.
In rural areas, noise may not be a problem, but with small children, and sometimes for your peace of mind a portable generator enclosure comes in handy.
Finally, keeping the pristine outdoors silent is reason enough to have a generator enclosure while camping.
Mobility and Flexibility
A generator enclosure is something that offers flexibility when you have to move one of the heavier and less portable generators from one place to another.
And some Generator Enclosures with wheels provide additional convenience to those who love camping and enjoying some time away from home.
Additionally, it is fairly easy to assemble the generator and the enclosure at any location.
Keep off dirt, debris, and intruders
The primary purpose of buying a portable generator enclosure is to increase the lifespan and reduce the maintenance cost; A portable enclosure ensures that your generator is free from dirt and debris.
They also protect it from intruders causing damage to the equipment. A generator enclosure also reduces chances of accidents happening.
Generators that come with their mufflers tend to be quite expensive, it is, therefore, advisable to purchase a cheaper generator model with little modifications and separately purchase a portable generator enclosure on its own as a measure to reduce the cost.
Pros and Cons
1. Provides better ventilation
provides better ventilation as the enclosure does not block the ventilation, therefore, allows better air intake and therefore your generator’s motor won’t be choked, the heat generated is allowed to diffuse naturally in the enclosure.
Most manufacturers can customize your portable generator enclosure according, to the model you are using, some of the enclosures are adjustable for the convenience of the user.
3.Better camping experience
Reduced noise pollution, you enjoy a quiet camping experience, you are also assured that your generator will supply sufficient power even if there are any weather changes
1 Noise and air pollution
Despite the ability to prevent noise pollution, a portable generator enclosure does not block all the noise there is that ‘little” noise pollution. The enclosure does not prevent air pollution as the generator will still emit some carbon monoxide.
2. Extreme weather conditions
Flood water may get into your generator enclosure, therefore, affecting the performance of your generator. Extreme winds may also blow some parts of your enclosure if the generator is not large enough.
Top 3 portable generator enclosure on Amazon
Microfab Generator enclosure
Made of thick aluminum, it is one of the customer-centered models you will find; it provides the much-needed security for your generator. The Aluminum is also coated to prevent corrosion. It comes with four mounting holes at the bottom for that extra security.
It is also easy to refuel as you can open the doors by the side as well as the top. The unit weighs just 235 pounds with dimensions of (43” by 33” by 30”). See the Microfab Portable Generator enclosure on Amazon
Keter Store Horizontal Storage Shed
This outdoor storage shed has a stylish wood-like texture, it is made of polypropylene plastic material and reinforced with steel to ensure durability.
It also has ample storage capacity to accommodate larger models of generators. See the Keter Horizontal Shed right here.
Suncast Elements Outdoor Cabinet
Made of durable double-wall resin construction this generator enclosure provides maximum protection at all times, it is convenient, easy to store and clean.
With internal dimensions of 37-1/4 in. Width 17-1/2 in. Depth and 32-1/4 in. Height, the Suncast is nice and roomy for most portable generators.
See the Suncast Generator Casing here.
And if you are still not satisfied, here are some more Generator Enclosures that are popular on Amazon.
- Safely run your portable generator outside in any wet weather - rain, snow, ice, sleet, and wind.
- Waterproof and sheds water away, prrotecting sensitive electrical areas, large door for easy refuel.
- Patented design maintains generator natural cooling air flow; keep generator portable.
- Universal welded waterproof cover size fits portable generators 3000-10000 watt.
- Simple 3 Step Install!
- FOR PORTABLE GENERATOR: This transfer kit is designed for use with emergency generators that have up to a 30 amp output, Nema L1430. With easy-to-follow instructions, this unit is incredibly easy to install and is a cheaper alternative to running your portable generator without it.
- VOLTAGE: This transfer switch kit is designed with the capability of 2 pole circuits and allows 240-volt circuits, making it perfect for well or water sump pump applications. If one of the installed 2-pole circuits are not needed, the tie bar can be removed to allow for 2 single pole circuits.
- INDOOR OR OUTDOOR: The designed enclosures of the power inlet and transfer switches to be used either indoors or outdoors and have a NEMA 3R rainproof rating allowing the kit to be installed wherever is convenient for you and you home.
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL LOAD CENTERS: This backup generator inverter is compatible with all residential load centers including: Challenger, Cutler Hammer, GE, Home line, Siemens, Square D, and Westinghouse load centers.
- POWER SURGE PROTECTION: The double throw rocker switches absolutely eliminate the possibility of power back feeding to the utility line or to your generator when power is restored. All Connecticut Electric products are ETL listed, ensuring its compliance to UL Standard.
- Great for storing patio, lawn, and gardening tools and supplies ; The shed can accommodate one wood shelf (not included).
- Tough, double-walled construction and an impact-resistant floor protects items from inclement weather
- External Dimensions - 34 x 55 x 28 inches. Inside dimensions: 29 x 47 X 21 inches
- Will not rot or rust like metal or wood sheds, Easy assembly
- 1-shelf capacity (shelf sold separately); Storage Capacity: 18 cubic feet
- ★ EASY TO ASSEMBLE AND DISASSEMBLE - Assembly can be completed in 0.5-1 hour (2-3 hours before). We have updated the instructions to make it even simpler. Also added a video about the installation on the Amazon page.
- ★ MULTI-FUNCTION STORAGE SHED AND SAFETY - The KINYING storage shed has multiple opening directions and the flip cover could supported by a lever to store items quickly and easily. With two latches, it can be fitted with a lock for keep your items safe.
- ★ PERFECT FOR STORAGE - The storage cabinet could place all kinds of tools, sundries, trash cans (two 33 gallon) etc.Meanwhile, it suitable for all kinds of occasions: indoor, outdoor,balcony, yard, garden, street, etc.
- ★ DURABLE - The shed can used last for years and years due to made it by increased material thickness than others. You can very easily anchor it to the ground by the special space, So that avoid hurricane blowing it away.
- DIMENSIONS: Exterior: 57 in. L x 32 in. W x 48. 4 in. H / Interior: 52 in. L x 30 in. W x 43 in. H
- IDEAL SIZE: Large storage capacity of 38. 97 cubic feet
- STORAGE OPTIONS: Great for bike storage or outdoor garbage can storage
- RESIN CONSTRUCTION: It's made out of all weather-resistant resin with an appealing wood-like texture - will never fade, rot, rust, or peel
- HYDRAULIC PISTONS: Automatic easy-opening mechanism - perfect for kids to use to access their outdoor toys
end of the article on Portable Generator Enclosure
Last update on 2021-03-07 at 09:22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API