6500 Watt Generator : These are mid sized generators capable of generating 6500 watts or more of continuous AC power output.
A 6500 Watt Generator could run on Propane, Natural Gas or Gasoline or even all three : of course not at the same time.
In a hurry : Check out
the top 6500 Watt Generators
The Briggs & Stratton is one of the most popular 6500 watt generators in the market today.
See the quick navigation bar for links to a video review and customer review for the Briggs 6500 watt generator.
We will review and dive deep into quite a few of these powerful 6500 watt generators later in this article.
For the impatient folks get straight to the Best 6500 watt Generators by clicking on the box.
6500 Watt Generator : Latest Bestsellers Only
We have curated a list of the top rated best sellers with customer reviews, videos and specifications for you to browse. Each will have details about the units specifications and pricing, availability and many will also have customer reviews.
Buying a 6500 watt Generator can be a little daunting. For example here you are looking, and you are not sure of what to focus on. Even savvy buyers need to be look out for a few key features before making the best buying choice. We will help narrow it down for you.
Diving a Little Deeper
A 6500 Watt Generator is generally a Portable home backup Generator. Typically these can be seen reliably powering emergency use, camping, job sites and outdoor events.
They have a running output of at least 6500 watts and a peak surge wattage that is usually 7000 watts to 9000 watts. They are mostly gasoline units but propane is also an option.
6500 watt Generator : Key Features
What kind of fuel capacity does the generator have? How long will it run at full load and at half load? Good answers are over 7 gallons and 8 hours or more on 50% load.
Power Outlets – Make sure your 6500 watt generator has the standard 5-20R 120 Volt outlets as well as the twist and lock 120 or 240 volt L14-30R outlet. More outlets give you greater flexibility and ability to multi task.
A Quick Start feature to get you going in a jiffy is very convenient, along with a manual backup start option. Wheels and Handles are another key element to look at. Some 6500 watt Generators are heavy and the ability to add wheels easily is essential.
Don’t forget to look at the manufacturer’s reputation for service and quality. Customer Reviews are always the most reliable source of feedback. We have customer reviews here for many 6500 watt generators in this article, but you would do well to look at reviews on Amazon as well.
The key safety features you should look for in your 6500 watt Generator are :
Outlet and Output covers that are protected from the elements as well as dust should come standard.
Overload Protection with Circuit breakers is a must have safety feature.
In order to keep your unit operational and is top shape for years to come, it must have Automatic shut-off when its engine oil levels deplete below safe levels. Not having Auto Shut-off will eventually lead to engine damage.
Silent Operation is always desirable, so look for mufflers which keep the engines quiet.
Amazon Generator Buying Guide
Before, we head out to look at the top rated products : you might want to look at other generators like the inverter generators, quiet generators, PTO Generator (Power Take Off) etc. Click on the links in the box to check those out.
The Amazon Generator Buying Guide is a good resource for all kinds of generator aficionados. It has links to generators of different sizes as well as buying tips. It might be worth a look.
Now without further delay – here are the best 6500 Watt Generators . These are also the latest bestsellers on the market. When you choose one of these units you are getting the best of both world’s – great product and great pricing.
Shop this selection knowing that these are the most popular generators selling in the Amazon Generator market place and all have outstanding reviews and feedback from earlier customers. Enjoy :
6500 Watt Generator : Briggs & Stratton Q6500 : Best Value
- Quiet, portable inverter generator delivers 6,500 starting watts of reliable home backup power
- Quiet power series inverter technology and a noise-reducing shell give you power that’s more than 60 % quieter than a standard generator (66 dBA at 25% load)
- Design is 45% more compact & 30% lighter (128 pounds) than a standard portable generator. Start type: Recoil
- Highly-efficient 306cc Briggs & Stratton integrated engine/alternator provides upto 14 hours of run time at 25% load
- Power a wide variety of electronics & devices at the same time with (4) 120V-20A outlets, (2) USB outlets & (1) 120V-240V locking outlet. Use of RV adapter in the twist lock outlet provides 2500W of continuous power (120V / 20.8A)
Briggs & Stratton Q6500 : Video Review
Customer Review : Briggs & Stratton Q6500
Juan Carzon, Puerto Rico : ” This is really an excellent generator – period !
I was planning to buy a similar model from Honda which was $800 pricier – but I decided to take a chance on the Briggs. Boy it was just a – GREAT DECISION!
I put in the oil and fuel and it unbelievably, it started on the first pull. Awesome. So in Puerto Rico, every one has a generator – Ha. I compared this to my neighbor’s Honda. My unit is smaller and lighter and the in-build handle and wheel come standard – the Honda is all extra dollars.
Its even got a bigger fuel tank and it was quieter than my neighbors Honda. But, my unit was rated at 58 db vs the 56 db Honda : but both me and my neighbor agree my unit is quieter.
I ran my 13,000 BTU RV air conditioner for 6 hours and used about 2/3 of a tank of fuel. There is a large digital display that show the Load and Capacity. It was showing between 47% to 53% load capacity when I ran the AC. PLENTY OF POWER!!!”
6500 watt Generator : Generac 5940 GP6500
Rob Duerte, NJ : ” T Great Value for Money. Its good quality and has plenty of power. I use this at my Work Shop, with the 36″ shop fan. I run my 120 volt Air Compressor 120v along with a couple of angle grinders and other equipment. This Generac had plenty of power to spare.
The only negative is : its very loud. No getting away from that. But overall I am happy with the price I paid. I have got really reliable power – nothing to complain about.”
See the Generac 5940 GP6500 on Amazon
- Features Two GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) 5-20R 120V Household Duplex Receptacle and One L14-30R 120/240V Twist-Lock Receptacle; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Plug-and-Play: Comes with a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User's Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- Powered by a 420cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve with Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter. Noise Level-72 dBA
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed by 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage with Nationwide Customer Service Network
- 7500 Running Watts and 9500 Peak Watts; Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 11 Hours of Run Time on a 6.6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- 6,500 Peak Watts/ 5,500 Running Watts
- Features 120v and 240v Output
- Strong 274cc, 8 HP engine protected by a durable powder coated frame
- Gasoline/LPG Dual Fuel
- 12 Hour Run-time at Half Load (on single tank of fuel)
- Your purchase includes One DuroMax XP5500E 5500 watt 7.5-Hp Gas Powered Generator with Electric Start, One oil funnel, One spark plug wrench, tools set, wheels and handle kit, DC charging cables and owner’s manual
- Portable Generator dimensions: 24” L x 17" W x 17" H. Product weight: 127 lbs
- Specifications: Noise level – 69 dB. Fuel tank capacity (GASOLINE) – 3.96 gallons
- Run your generator with Gasoline for long lasting power.
- With 5,500 starting watts and 4,400 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools. Operate at both 120 V and 240 V simultaneously, or at 120 only with full power
- Quiet technology and extended run time: 69 dba noise level is great for your next project or home backup, with 6250 starting watts and 5000 running watts for up to 12.5 hours run time on gasoline
- Advanced open frame inverter design: 50% quieter and 20% lighter than a traditional Champion 5000-watt generator
- Clean power and economy mode: confidently connect your sensitive electronics and save fuel
- Intelligauge: Monitor voltage, frequency and operating hours with ease; Frequency: 60 Hz
- Champion Support: includes 3-year limited Warranty with free lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
- 10000 watt peak power, 8000 watt rated power.
- 15 HP 420cc OHV air cooled engine
- Runs 9 hours at 1/2 load
- Fuel Capacity: 8 gallons; Operating noise level: 76 db
- 4x AC Duplex 120V outlets; 1x120V twist-lock outlet; 1x120V/240V twist-lock outlet; 1x12V DC.
- Dual Fuel – Operate your 7500-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 1.2-quarts of oil (included) and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- Electric start – Power up the 439cc Champion engine with the handy toggle switch, battery included
- Intelligauge – Keep track of voltage, hertz and run-time hours to easily monitor power output and track maintenance intervals.1.5 Inch dia. tubular steel frame for protection and durability
- Powerful – At 9375 starting watts and 7500 running watts on gasoline and 8400 starting watts and 6750 running watts on propane, trust Volt Guard built-in surge protector to prevent overloads
- Champion Support – Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
- Reliable 6500 Watt generator features Volt guard to keep appliances and equipment safe
- Volt guard is a built-in surge protector which prevent overloads and surges from damaging appliances and equipment
- Champion engine provides up to 11 hours of run-time and includes intelli gauge with power meter to keep track of voltage, Hertz, and Run-time hours to easily monitor power output and track maintenance intervals
- Ideal for farming, camping, tailgating and running household electronics.
- Low noise volume (76 dB) similar to the sound of street traffic.
- Panel includes UL circuit protection with multiple outlets - four 120V and one 120/240V AC power receptacles, and one 12V DC power receptacle.
- Puts out 5500W continuous wattage and 6500W peak wattage.
- 11 hours run time at 50 percent load.
- Dual Fuel – Operate your 8000-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 1.2-quarts of oil (included) and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- Electric start – Power up the 459cc Champion engine with the handy toggle switch, battery included
- Intelligauge – Keep track of voltage, hertz and run-time hours to easily monitor power output and track maintenance intervals
- Powerful – At 10,000 starting watts and 8000 running watts on gasoline and 9025 starting watts and 7250 running watts on propane, trust Volt Guard built-in surge protector to prevent overloads
- Champion Support – Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
- 389cc engine
- Electric start
- 6,500 watts of output
- Comes with wheel kit
- 36 month warranty
There is plenty more to see in the solar world. Check out these articles. Thank you for visiting MySolarHome.us
6500 Watt Generators end of article
Last update on 2020-09-23 at 19:50 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API