6500 Watt Generator : These are mid sized generators capable of generating 6500 watts or more of continuous AC power output.
A 6500 Watt Generator could run on Propane, Natural Gas or Gasoline or even all three : of course not at the same time.
In a hurry : Check out
the top 6500 Watt Generators
The Briggs & Stratton is one of the most popular 6500 watt generators in the market today.
See the quick navigation bar for links to a video review and customer review for the Briggs 6500 watt generator.
We will review and dive deep into quite a few of these powerful 6500 watt generators later in this article.
For the impatient folks get straight to the Best 6500 watt Generators by clicking on the box.
6500 Watt Generator : Latest Bestsellers Only
We have curated a list of the top rated best sellers with customer reviews, videos and specifications for you to browse. Each will have details about the units specifications and pricing, availability and many will also have customer reviews.
Buying a 6500 watt Generator can be a little daunting. For example here you are looking, and you are not sure of what to focus on. Even savvy buyers need to be look out for a few key features before making the best buying choice. We will help narrow it down for you.
Diving a Little Deeper
A 6500 Watt Generator is generally a Portable home backup Generator. Typically these can be seen reliably powering emergency use, camping, job sites and outdoor events.
They have a running output of at least 6500 watts and a peak surge wattage that is usually 7000 watts to 9000 watts. They are mostly gasoline units but propane is also an option.
6500 watt Generator : Key Features
What kind of fuel capacity does the generator have? How long will it run at full load and at half load? Good answers are over 7 gallons and 8 hours or more on 50% load.
Power Outlets – Make sure your 6500 watt generator has the standard 5-20R 120 Volt outlets as well as the twist and lock 120 or 240 volt L14-30R outlet. More outlets give you greater flexibility and ability to multi task.
A Quick Start feature to get you going in a jiffy is very convenient, along with a manual backup start option. Wheels and Handles are another key element to look at. Some 6500 watt Generators are heavy and the ability to add wheels easily is essential.
Don’t forget to look at the manufacturer’s reputation for service and quality. Customer Reviews are always the most reliable source of feedback. We have customer reviews here for many 6500 watt generators in this article, but you would do well to look at reviews on Amazon as well.
The key safety features you should look for in your 6500 watt Generator are :
Outlet and Output covers that are protected from the elements as well as dust should come standard.
Overload Protection with Circuit breakers is a must have safety feature.
In order to keep your unit operational and is top shape for years to come, it must have Automatic shut-off when its engine oil levels deplete below safe levels. Not having Auto Shut-off will eventually lead to engine damage.
Silent Operation is always desirable, so look for mufflers which keep the engines quiet.
Amazon Generator Buying Guide
Before, we head out to look at the top rated products : you might want to look at other generators like the inverter generators, quiet generators, PTO Generator (Power Take Off) etc. Click on the links in the box to check those out.
The Amazon Generator Buying Guide is a good resource for all kinds of generator aficionados. It has links to generators of different sizes as well as buying tips. It might be worth a look.
Now without further delay – here are the best 6500 Watt Generators . These are also the latest bestsellers on the market. When you choose one of these units you are getting the best of both world’s – great product and great pricing.
Shop this selection knowing that these are the most popular generators selling in the Amazon Generator market place and all have outstanding reviews and feedback from earlier customers. Enjoy :
6500 Watt Generator : Briggs & Stratton Q6500 : Best Value
- Quiet, portable inverter generator delivers 6,500 starting watts of reliable home backup power
- Quiet power series inverter technology and a noise-reducing shell give you power that’s more than 60 % quieter than a standard generator (66 dBA at 25% load)
- Design is 45% more compact & 30% lighter (128 pounds) than a standard portable generator. Start type: Recoil
- Highly-efficient 306cc Briggs & Stratton integrated engine/alternator provides upto 14 hours of run time at 25% load
- Power a wide variety of electronics & devices at the same time with (4) 120V-20A outlets, (2) USB outlets & (1) 120V-240V locking outlet. Use of RV adapter in the twist lock outlet provides 2500W of continuous power (120V / 20.8A)
Briggs & Stratton Q6500 : Video Review
Customer Review : Briggs & Stratton Q6500
Juan Carzon, Puerto Rico : ” This is really an excellent generator – period !
I was planning to buy a similar model from Honda which was $800 pricier – but I decided to take a chance on the Briggs. Boy it was just a – GREAT DECISION!
I put in the oil and fuel and it unbelievably, it started on the first pull. Awesome. So in Puerto Rico, every one has a generator – Ha. I compared this to my neighbor’s Honda. My unit is smaller and lighter and the in-build handle and wheel come standard – the Honda is all extra dollars.
Its even got a bigger fuel tank and it was quieter than my neighbors Honda. But, my unit was rated at 58 db vs the 56 db Honda : but both me and my neighbor agree my unit is quieter.
I ran my 13,000 BTU RV air conditioner for 6 hours and used about 2/3 of a tank of fuel. There is a large digital display that show the Load and Capacity. It was showing between 47% to 53% load capacity when I ran the AC. PLENTY OF POWER!!!”
6500 watt Generator : Generac 5940 GP6500
Rob Duerte, NJ : ” T Great Value for Money. Its good quality and has plenty of power. I use this at my Work Shop, with the 36″ shop fan. I run my 120 volt Air Compressor 120v along with a couple of angle grinders and other equipment. This Generac had plenty of power to spare.
The only negative is : its very loud. No getting away from that. But overall I am happy with the price I paid. I have got really reliable power – nothing to complain about.”
See the Generac 5940 GP6500 on Amazon
- POWERFUL DUROMAX ENGINE: The XP13000EH is powered by a 500cc OHV Duromax Engine.
- DUAL FUEL TECHNOLOGY: The ability to run on Propane or Gasoline allows the Freedom and Flexibility of Fuel Choice.
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 13,000 starting watts and 10,500 watts, this unit can handle heavy loads from lights, refrigerators, home conditioners and high amperage power tools.
- MAXIMUM POWER: The power panel includes a wide selection of outlets for maximum compatibility in your applications including: 1 120/240V 50A heavy duty outlet, 1 120/240V 30A twist lock outlet, 1 120V 30A twist lock outlet, and 2 120V 20A household outlets.
- POWERING EVERYONE ANYWHERE: Like all DuroMax generators, the XP13000EH is EPA and CARB approved for use in all 50 states.
- 9500 Running Watts and 12500 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 8500 Running Watts, 11200 Peak Watts (Propane); Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 12 Hours of Run Time on a 6. 6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI 120V 5–20R Standard Household Receptacle, One Transfer Switch Ready 120V L14-30R, and One RV Ready 120/240V 14–50R; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Powered by a Heavy Duty 457cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve With Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter. VFT display gives you real time updates with the voltage output, frequency, and lifetime hours
- Plug-and-Play: Comes With a Propane Regulator, Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, Heat Resistant Plastic Wheels with Never-Flat Polyurethane Tires, and a User’s Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed by 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage with Nationwide Customer Service Network
- Plenty of Power – With 5,500 starting watts and 4,500 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads, from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools
- Dual Fuel Technology – This generator runs on gasoline or propane, giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice. Low Oil Shutoff
- Powerful Engine – The DuroMax 224cc OHV engine is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs, from powering high voltage appliances to heavy duty power tools
- MX2 Technology - Get the maximum power from each of the 120-volt receptacles. Choose between operating the generator at both 120V and 240V simultaneously, or at 120V only with full power. Ideal for usage with RVs
- Fully Featured Power Panel – The power panel includes a wide selection of outlets for maximum compatibility in your applications including: (2) 120V household GFCI outlets, and (1) 120/240V 30A twist lock outlet. The panel also includes a voltmeter and 12V DC charging posts for charging external batteries
- Dimensions: 23.2" L x 18" W x 20.1" H | Weight: 99.2 lb
- EPA III and CARB Compliant
- 212cc 4-stroke OHV engine produces 3800 surge watts and 3400 rated watts with a half-load runtime of up to 8.5 hours
- Fuel shutoff maximizes the generator’s lifespan by using up the remaining fuel in the carburetor before shutting down
- Produces clean power to prevent damage to sensitive electronics such as smart phones, tablets and laptops
- 3700 Rated Watts and 4500 Peak Watts at Less Than 3% THD – Telescoping Handle – Gas Powered – Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start
- Features a 5–20R 120V Duplex Household Outlet, an RV-Ready Tt-30R 30 Amp Outlet and Two USB Outlets – Great Choice for Travel Trailers or Home Use – Strong Enough to Run All Your Essentials
- Led Data Center: Rotating Digital Display Shows Fuel Level, Power Output, Remaining Run Time, Voltage Output, and Lifetime Hours
- Extremely Quiet, Extremely Fuel Efficient: as Low as 52 dBA Noise Output and Up to 18 Hour Run Time on a 3. 4 Gallon Gas Tank – Features “Economy Mode” for Maximum Fuel Efficiency
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed By 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage and Nationwide Customer Service Network
- Ultra-Powerful: At 9375 starting watts and 7500 running watts, enjoy up to 8 hours of run time on a full tank of gasoline with a noise level of 74 dBA from 23 feet
- Electric start: Trust the reliable 420cc Champion engine with its battery-included electric start featuring a reliable toggle switch, plus built-in Cold Start Technology for easy starts in cold weather
- Covered Outlets: Four 120V 20A GFCI outlets, a120/240V 30A locking outlet and a 120/240V 50A outlet (14-50R), plus Volt Guard built-in surge protector prevents overloads and keeps your equipment safe
- Intelligauge: Keep track of voltage, hertz and run-time hours to easily monitor power output and track maintenance intervals
- Champion Support: Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
- ⚡[RECHARGE FROM 0-80% WITHIN 1 HOUR]: The patented EcoFlow X-Stream technology enables you to charge the RIVER Pro from 0%-80% within one hour and offers a full charge in just 1.6 hours.
- ⚡[POWER A WIDE RANGE OF APPLIANCES]: With a built-in 600W inverter, the RIVER Pro can power some devices up to 1800W with the X-Boost mode on, which lets you power about 80% of essential devices like kitchen appliances and DIY tools. Please conduct full test on a case-by-case basis to see if the X-Boost feature can work with your appliances. Use devices below 1200W for the best product use.
- ⚡[3 x AC OUTLETS AND 720Wh CAPACITY]: The RIVER Pro can power up to 10 devices simultaneously with multiple outlet options, including 3 pure sine wave AC outlets. Note that the total rated wattage of the AC outlets should be under 600W (surge 1200W). It offers up to 720Wh power and it weighs just 16.8lbs, which makes it a portable power station for adventure on the go.
- ⚡[DOUBLE CAPACITY FROM 720Wh to 1440Wh]: Add a RIVER Pro Extra Battery to double the capacity from 720Wh to 1440Wh. This is ideal for situations like traveling, camping, or group outdoor activities where you need more power for more devices. RIVER Pro Extra Battery is sold separately.
- ⚡[24-MONTH PRODUCT GUARANTEE]: The RIVER Pro portable power station comes with a 24-month product guarantee, and EcoFlow offers a 24x7 specialist customer service. In the box: 1x RIVER Pro, 1x AC Charging Cable, 1x Car Charging Cable, 1x Solar Charging Cable, 1x DC5521-DC5525 Cable, 1x RIVER Pro User Manual, 1x RIVER Pro GUARANTEE Card.
- [WHAT IS JACKERY SOLAR GENERATOR 1000] : Solar Generator 1000 is composed of Portable Power Station Explorer 1000 and 2 packs Solar Panel SolarSaga 100W that aims to developing green, quiet and convenient energy solutions.
- [2000W SURGE WATTAGE SOLAR GENERATOR 1000] : With 1000W running wattage, 2000W surge wattage and larger 1002Wh capacity, it features 3 PURE SINE WAVE AC outlets, 2 x USB-C and 1 x Quick Charge 3.0 port can charge all your appliances like refrigerator and coffee maker.The SolarSaga 100W features 1 x USB-A port and 1 x USB-C port.
- [GREEN, QUIET, EASY TO USE] : Solar Generator 1000 is green for getting solar power without zero emission and nearly silent when in operation. Simply connect the solar panels to the power station, you can enjoy reliable power when you go RV camping or fishing.
- [FAST SOLAR RECHARGING] : With MPPT controller, Solar Generator 1000 can get the maximum efficiency while solar recharging.You can also use other convenient recharging ways with wall outlet and car outlet.
- Switch between gasoline (11,000 surge watts, 8,300 running watt) and propane (9,500 surge, 7,500 running) with the simple turn of the selection dial
- Voltage easily goes from 120V to 240V, perfect for transfer switches and emergency backup
- Electric start powers the 457cc 4-stroke OHV engine with the turn of a key
- 6.6-gallon tank provides up to 8.5 hours of half load run time
- Includes four 120V GFCI outlets (5-20R), a 120V 30A twist lock outlet (L5-30R), a 120V/240V 50A outlet (NEMA 14-50R), a 12V DC cigarette-lighter-style plug, a bottle of oil, a 47-inch LPG connection hose, and a two-year warranty
- More Power. Same Legendary Quality. - The EU2200i delivers 10% more power than the previous EU2000i - enabling you to power more of what you need, in the same lightweight, compact package. The EU2200i gives you the power to get more done.
- Co-minder - Advanced Carbon Monoxide Detection System. CO-MINDER continuously monitors carbon monoxide (CO) levels. It automatically shuts down the generator before detected CO levels near the generator become dangerously high.
- Honda My Generator App + Bluetooth Capability - Honda's exclusive My Generator smartphone app offers remote generator operation and monitoring with impressive performance. The app includes wireless stop and operation monitoring.
- Lightweight And Compact - Weighing just over 47 pounds, the EU2200i is incredibly lightweight and portable. Thanks to Honda's inverter technology, it's easy to transport and store.
- Commercial Grade Reliability - The EU2200i is powered by the Honda GXR120 Commercial Series engine. At 121cc, the GXR120 is at the top of its class - ensuring the EU2200 always produces the power you need to get the job done.
There is plenty more to see in the solar world. Check out these articles. Thank you for visiting MySolarHome.us
6500 Watt Generators end of article
Last update on 2022-10-01 at 19:00 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API