6500 Watt Generator : These are mid sized generators capable of generating 6500 watts or more of continuous AC power output.
A 6500 Watt Generator could run on Propane, Natural Gas or Gasoline or even all three : of course not at the same time.
In a hurry : Check out
the top 6500 Watt Generators
The Briggs & Stratton is one of the most popular 6500 watt generators in the market today.
See the quick navigation bar for links to a video review and customer review for the Briggs 6500 watt generator.
We will review and dive deep into quite a few of these powerful 6500 watt generators later in this article.
For the impatient folks get straight to the Best 6500 watt Generators by clicking on the box.
6500 Watt Generator : Latest Bestsellers Only
We have curated a list of the top rated best sellers with customer reviews, videos and specifications for you to browse. Each will have details about the units specifications and pricing, availability and many will also have customer reviews.
Buying a 6500 watt Generator can be a little daunting. For example here you are looking, and you are not sure of what to focus on. Even savvy buyers need to be look out for a few key features before making the best buying choice. We will help narrow it down for you.
Diving a Little Deeper
A 6500 Watt Generator is generally a Portable home backup Generator. Typically these can be seen reliably powering emergency use, camping, job sites and outdoor events.
They have a running output of at least 6500 watts and a peak surge wattage that is usually 7000 watts to 9000 watts. They are mostly gasoline units but propane is also an option.
6500 watt Generator : Key Features
What kind of fuel capacity does the generator have? How long will it run at full load and at half load? Good answers are over 7 gallons and 8 hours or more on 50% load.
Power Outlets – Make sure your 6500 watt generator has the standard 5-20R 120 Volt outlets as well as the twist and lock 120 or 240 volt L14-30R outlet. More outlets give you greater flexibility and ability to multi task.
A Quick Start feature to get you going in a jiffy is very convenient, along with a manual backup start option. Wheels and Handles are another key element to look at. Some 6500 watt Generators are heavy and the ability to add wheels easily is essential.
Don’t forget to look at the manufacturer’s reputation for service and quality. Customer Reviews are always the most reliable source of feedback. We have customer reviews here for many 6500 watt generators in this article, but you would do well to look at reviews on Amazon as well.
The key safety features you should look for in your 6500 watt Generator are :
Outlet and Output covers that are protected from the elements as well as dust should come standard.
Overload Protection with Circuit breakers is a must have safety feature.
In order to keep your unit operational and is top shape for years to come, it must have Automatic shut-off when its engine oil levels deplete below safe levels. Not having Auto Shut-off will eventually lead to engine damage.
Silent Operation is always desirable, so look for mufflers which keep the engines quiet.
Amazon Generator Buying Guide
Before, we head out to look at the top rated products : you might want to look at other generators like the inverter generators, quiet generators, PTO Generator (Power Take Off) etc. Click on the links in the box to check those out.
The Amazon Generator Buying Guide is a good resource for all kinds of generator aficionados. It has links to generators of different sizes as well as buying tips. It might be worth a look.
Now without further delay – here are the best 6500 Watt Generators . These are also the latest bestsellers on the market. When you choose one of these units you are getting the best of both world’s – great product and great pricing.
Shop this selection knowing that these are the most popular generators selling in the Amazon Generator market place and all have outstanding reviews and feedback from earlier customers. Enjoy :
6500 Watt Generator : Briggs & Stratton Q6500 : Best Value
- Quiet, portable inverter generator delivers 6,500 starting watts of reliable home backup power
- Quiet power series inverter technology and a noise-reducing shell give you power that’s more than 60 % quieter than a standard generator (66 dBA at 25% load)
- Design is 45% more compact & 30% lighter (128 pounds) than a standard portable generator. Start type: Recoil
- Highly-efficient 306cc Briggs & Stratton integrated engine/alternator provides upto 14 hours of run time at 25% load
- Power a wide variety of electronics & devices at the same time with (4) 120V-20A outlets, (2) USB outlets & (1) 120V-240V locking outlet. Use of RV adapter in the twist lock outlet provides 2500W of continuous power (120V / 20.8A)
Briggs & Stratton Q6500 : Video Review
Customer Review : Briggs & Stratton Q6500
Juan Carzon, Puerto Rico : ” This is really an excellent generator – period !
I was planning to buy a similar model from Honda which was $800 pricier – but I decided to take a chance on the Briggs. Boy it was just a – GREAT DECISION!
I put in the oil and fuel and it unbelievably, it started on the first pull. Awesome. So in Puerto Rico, every one has a generator – Ha. I compared this to my neighbor’s Honda. My unit is smaller and lighter and the in-build handle and wheel come standard – the Honda is all extra dollars.
Its even got a bigger fuel tank and it was quieter than my neighbors Honda. But, my unit was rated at 58 db vs the 56 db Honda : but both me and my neighbor agree my unit is quieter.
I ran my 13,000 BTU RV air conditioner for 6 hours and used about 2/3 of a tank of fuel. There is a large digital display that show the Load and Capacity. It was showing between 47% to 53% load capacity when I ran the AC. PLENTY OF POWER!!!”
6500 watt Generator : Generac 5940 GP6500
Rob Duerte, NJ : ” T Great Value for Money. Its good quality and has plenty of power. I use this at my Work Shop, with the 36″ shop fan. I run my 120 volt Air Compressor 120v along with a couple of angle grinders and other equipment. This Generac had plenty of power to spare.
The only negative is : its very loud. No getting away from that. But overall I am happy with the price I paid. I have got really reliable power – nothing to complain about.”
See the Generac 5940 GP6500 on Amazon
- Consistent power with iAVR (Intelligent Automatic Voltage Regulation) technology
- Provides 7000 Watts for 10 seconds to start larger equipment
- Powerful Honda iGX commercial engine
- 120V/240V Selector switch - More usable power, more flexibility
- Runs approximately 10.4 hours @ 50% load (6.2 Gal.)
- 8,125 Starting Watts and 6,500 Running Watts
- Automatic CO Shutoff With CO Sensor For Increased Safety
- Automatic Voltage Regulator for Cleaner, More Reliable Power
- 7500 Running Watts and 9500 Peak Watts; Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 11 Hours of Run Time on a 6.6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) 5-20R 120V Household Duplex Receptacle and One L14-30R 120/240V Twist-Lock Receptacle; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Plug-and-Play: Comes with a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User's Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- Powered by a 420cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve with Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter. Noise Level-72 dBA
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed by 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage with Nationwide Customer Service Network
- Quiet technology and extended run time: 69 dba noise level is great for your next project or home backup, with 6250 starting watts and 5000 running watts for up to 12.5 hours run time on gasoline
- Advanced open frame inverter design: 50% quieter and 20% lighter than a traditional Champion 5000-watt generator
- Clean power and economy mode: confidently connect your sensitive electronics and save fuel
- Intelligauge: Monitor voltage, frequency and operating hours with ease; Frequency: 60 Hz
- Champion Support: includes 3-year limited Warranty with free lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
- Plenty of Power – With 5,500 starting watts and 4,500 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads, from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools
- Dual Fuel Technology – This generator runs on gasoline or propane, giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice
- Powerful Engine – The DuroMax 224cc OHV engine is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs, from powering high voltage appliances to heavy duty power tools
- MX2 Technology - Get the maximum power from each of the 120-volt receptacles. Choose between operating the generator at both 120V and 240V simultaneously, or at 120V only with full power. Ideal for usage with RVs
- Fully Featured Power Panel – The power panel includes a wide selection of outlets for maximum compatibility in your applications including: (2) 120V household GFCI outlets, and (1) 120/240V 30A twist lock outlet. The panel also includes a voltmeter and 12V DC charging posts for charging external batteries
- Idle control function conserves fuel and reduces noise Runtime meter shows fuel level and time remaining 8750 starting watts and 7000 running watts Smart runtime meter shows fuel level and time remaining at current power level
- Premium DEWALT engineIdle control conserves fuel and reduces noise on the job siteWattage meter gives instant feedback on how much power is being used
- Never flat, durable wheels with for maximum portability and durabilityElectric start battery included provides hassle free start-up
- Covered outlets for protection from the elements and rugged working conditionsHardened 1-1/4 in. steel tube cradle for added durability and strengthHour meter tracks maintenance intervals
- Low-oil level shutdown automatically safeguards engine from damageAll circuits GFCI protected offers neutral bond and full generator GFCI (ground fault circuit protection) on all outletsFold-down/locking handle for sturdy portability and compact storage
There is plenty more to see in the solar world. Check out these articles. Thank you for visiting MySolarHome.us
6500 Watt Generators end of article
Last update on 2021-03-07 at 13:06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API