Drum Roll : The Anker PowerHouse 400Wh is a WINNER : it is one of the TOP 3 Best Solar Generators in the market today.
Over 36 Solar Generators were evaluated and the Anker Powerhouse 400 came out a winner. Its one awesome battery generator.
In this article we will take a close look at the features and also ready customer reviews about the Anker Powerhouse.
For the impatient, click on the box and the rest, read on.
5 Reasons why the Anker Powerhouse 400 is a winner
The surprisingly small Anker PowerHouse 400Wh is a powerful mid sized Portable Solar Generator. Yet the Anker 400 has the looks of and the weight of a very small Portable Solar Generator.
The Anker Powerhouse 400 is a Heavy Weight masquerading as a Light Weight.
Such a blast of power in such a small package is a pleasant surprise.
PLUG & PLAY
PLUG & PLAY : The Anker 400 is a plug and play solar generator that is easy to use with a broad selection of AC and DC power inputs and outputs.
A much larger selection of outputs when compared to its peers makes it shine.
A note to the frequent traveller, the Powerhouse cannot be taken on board and used on a flight - you will have to check it in.
INDOOR & OUTDOOR
INDOOR or OUTDOOR : The Anker Powerhouse is eminently suited for both indoor and outdoor use.
Aesthetically the Anker will please your wife or girl friend.
It looks like a new gizmo from Google or Amazon, perfectly at home next to your Alexa or Google Home.
Reliable : Customer Review by Jeffery Inouda of Preoria, Arizona : " I made the mistake of loaning this to my son for his Camping Party; it came back dented and bruised after a week, but it was not done.
Still belting out power and playing their boomboxes at full volume. Stamina and Strength in a small package"
Great Customer Service : Customer review by Ashley Moon, NJ : " I am so glad I got the Powerhouse. Its lighter and powerful than my earlier heavy Yeti 400.
Anker has provided excellent customer service and took me through step by step as I added external Solar Panels. The Anker 400 holds charger very well : Super Happy"
See it on Amazon now.
Anker Powerhouse Video Feature Review
- AC/DC/USB: Pure Sine wave AC output at steady 120 watts / Two 12 V DC Ports for lighting / Four fast charging USB ports to charge mobile devices/ A cigarette lighter socket Mini Fridge or Mini Air compressor
- Charge the High Density extremely Lithium Ion battery with external solar panels (not included) or directly from a wall socket or using a car cigarette lighter charger.
- Over 10 million users of Anker Products
- Amongst smallest and lightest at 9.26 pounds in the mid sized portable solar generator category.
- 18 month warranty, Battery Management System (BMS) that controls current, voltage and temperature for complete device and portable solar generator protection.
- The kit consists of the 434Wh Portable Power Supply, a 10ft AC adapter to charge the battery, a 2ft Micro USB charging cable, a welcome guide and friendly customer support.
See the Anker in use : Video Review
See the Powerhouse Portable Battery Generator on Amazon
4 Stars : Customer Review by Max Perrine, FL : " Pros :
- Very easy to use. The large buttons for each output type with a status indicator are big and visible. Its a good idea to keep the output switches off as they draw some power on the on position even without anything connected.
- Super Light compared to the competition. The Goal Zero Yeti 400 is its closest competitor and that is a good 30 pounds heavier.
Cons : - There is just one AC output and you are limited to around 120 watts in terms of devices.
-You cant daisy chain the units to add more power. And the batteries cannot be replaced once they wear out. Maybe Anker will change that soon and make them replaceable.
What can the Anker Powerhouse 400 Power up
You may want to check out other portable solar generators as well. And if you want to get a low down on the entire category of solar generators including portable and heavy duty solar generators, this article on solar generators is your go to place.
Advanced Battery Management
CLEAN POWER : The Anker PowerHouse 400Wh produces clean and reliable power without emissions or pollution.
ADVANCED BATTERY MANAGEMENT : The Anker boasts of an advanced battery management system (BMS) that controls voltage, temperature and other advanced safety options for enhanced safety and protection for your devices.
This is especially important as the BMS enhances the life of the battery inside the Anker.
POWER PUNCHER : Don’t let the Anker PowerHouse fool you with its little size. It packs a punch in terms of charging capability.
It will keep your beer cool in a mini fridge for over 7 plus hours. Get your Anker generator right here.
Dudley Aram of Washington, DC comments “I ran my CPAP a full 9 hours and it still showed 70% capacity. Once I ran the CPAP with a DC adaptor, it just used 10% of capacity. For such a small unit, I am very impressed”
Power to spare
CAPACITY TO SPARE : That laptop will get charged almost 7 times over and the Kindle will charge over 11 times. A smartphone and tablet combo will get knocked out at 10 charges and 24 charges respectively.
Other Portable Solar Generators at its weight can barely do a third of what the Anker Powerhouse 400 is capable of. The PowerHouse is a mini monster of a solar generator.
Solar Panel not included
SOLAR PANELS NOT INCLUDED : The unit ships without solar panels.
It is not necessary to buy solar panels but it will be invaluable if you tend to go on long outdoor trips.
CHARGE ANY WHICH WAY : You can charge the battery using solar panels
(Panel output of must be rated at 16-17v with maximum output of 8 Amps AND the panel wattage must be 100W or less)
or from a 12 V car charger outlet or a regular AC wall outlet. AC charging time is about 10 hours.
HIGH EFFICIENCY LITHIUM ION BATTERY : The Anker PowerHouse 400Wh is powered by a 3.7 volt high density Lithium Ion battery with 120,000 mAh or 120 Ah battery capacity.
The battery ships as a part of your solar generator package and the light weight super powerful Lithium Ion battery is the source of power and the light weight of this winner.
AWESOME DC POWER : This Anker generator generates 434 watts of continuous DC power. You could run those LED lights for days on end.
PURE SINE WAVE AC POWER : The in-built AC inverter provides one AC output providing 120W of pure sine wave power. This is great for your devices as sensitive electronic circuits need pure sine wave AC power.
Fast USB and expandable
FAST CHARGING USB : Additionally there are 4 fast charging USB ports each capable of charging a laptop and an additional 12V car charger outlet. The plethora of outputs makes the Anker Powerhouse a really good choice for a truly portable solar generator.
EXPANDABLE : The unit is expandable and you can add additional solar panels and batteries (you will have to buy them separately) to be connected later for even more charging and powering capability. You can’t add additional units together in a Daisy Chain.
MULTI USE CAPABILITY : The unit can be used for camping, emergencies, outdoors, tailgating, and more. Its compatible appliances include: laptop, TV, power tools, microwave, smartphone, lights, etc. Get yours now on Amazon.com.
CONCLUSION : This 9.26 pound 400Wh solar generator is arguably the smallest and most powerful in the mid sized portable solar generator category. High quality design and a top end high-density lithium-ion battery makes the Anker Powerhouse 400 a top seller and a must buy generator.
If you want the Anker PowerHouse 400Wh solar generator to work outdoors for longer periods you might want to consider buying solar panels, like the Eco Worthy 100W panel plus charge controller to have a fail safe source of charging the unit.
There are more choices available on Amazon, but the Eco worthy panel and charger come with good reviews.
Anker Powerhouse 400 vs Competition
Competing Generators in the Market
- The Phoenix is an all-in-one portable solar power system specifically designed for mobile, off-grid applications and is ideal for emergencies
- This compact, lightweight back-up system combines highly efficient Renogy 20W Monocrystalline Solar Panels and can expand up to 100 watts with additional PVs
- The Phoenix can be charged by solar, AC power, or car power and comes with a 16Ah Li-ion(NMC) battery
- The included 16Ah Li-ion(NMC) battery , giving the capability of limitless power
- Minimum Inverter Efficiency: 80 percentage, Max Continuous Output Power: 150W, Output AC Frequency: 60 Hz
- Nature's Generator has a built-in 1800W Pure Sine Wave Inverter and Internal 60 AH battery; Helps produce 720 watt hours of total output on a single charge.
- 1 - 100W Polycrystalline Solar Panel with included Solar Panel Cart for ease of transport and movement
- Includes 3 - 120V AC outlets , 2 - USB ports that produce 3A of combined power , 1 - 12V DC outlet, 1 - Solar Input (200W charge controller included) and 1 - Wind Input (300w charge controller included)
- Bluetooth Smartkey for easy pairing with iOS and/or Android devices. Allows you to track system use and run system diagnostics.
- Built-in 600-Volt/175 Amp expansion port for connecting an unlimited amount of nature's power pods
- 396Wh lead acid battery portable power station can power up to 7 devices at once (33Ah @ 12V)
- Continuous 300W, 600W surge pure-sine wave inverter, 2.1A USB ports, 120W 12V ports
- Charge phones, tablets, laptops, cameras, and most small devices. Backup power for small appliances, lights, and more
- Recharges from AC, 12V or solar panels (sold separately). Gas-free generator alternative with no noise, no fumes, no maintenance
- Chainable with other 33Ah lead acid batteries for longer runtimes
MySolarHome.us is a blog that covers the best in technology and gadgets as well as environmentally sustainable technology offerings. Here are some of the more popular items on the site:
Anker PowerHouse 400 end of Article
Last update on 2019-02-22 at 09:50 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API