Drum Roll : The Anker PowerHouse 400Wh is a WINNER : it is one of the TOP 3 Best Solar Generators in the market today.
Over 36 Solar Generators were evaluated and the Anker Powerhouse 400 came out a winner. Take a bow Mr Anker Powerhouse 400.
This article is a detailed review with customer feedback about the Anker Powerhouse 400.
For the impatient, click on the box on the below to learn more now. For the rest, read on about the Anker Powerhouse 400.
Anker Powerhouse 400 : Quick Specs
Anker Powerhouse 400 Portable Generator
In a hurry : Check out the Anker
Powerhouse 400 Solar Generator
5 Reasons why the Anker Powerhouse 400 is a winner
This section summarizes the Top 5 Reasons to buy the Anker Powerhouse 400. We delve into details further on into the article.
The surprisingly small Anker PowerHouse 400Wh is a powerful mid sized Portable Solar Generator. Yet the Anker 400 has the looks of and the weight of a very small Portable Solar Generator.
The Anker Powerhouse 400 is a Heavy Weight masquerading as a Light Weight. The Anker 400 will be a pleasant surprise.
PLUG & PLAY
PLUG & PLAY : The Anker PowerHouse 400 is a plug and play solar generator that is easy to use with a broad selection of AC and DC power inputs and outputs.
A much larger selection of outputs when compared to its peers makes it shine.
A note to the frequent traveller, the Anker Powerhouse cannot be taken on board and used on a flight - you will have to check it in.
INDOOR & OUTDOOR
INDOOR or OUTDOOR : The Anker Powerhouse is eminently suited for both indoor and outdoor use. Aesthetically the Anker Powerhouse will please your wife or girl friend. It looks like a new gizmo from Google or Amazon, perfectly at home next to your Alexa or Google Home.
Reliable : The Anker Power House 400 as reviewed by Jeffery Inouda of Preoria, Arizona : " I made the mistake of loaning this to my son for his Camping Party; it came back dented and bruised after a week, but it was not done. Still belting out power and playing their boomboxes at full volume. Stamina and Strength in a small package"
Great Customer Service : Anker Power House 400 review by Ashley Moon, NJ : " I am so glad I got the Anker Powerhouse 400. Its lighter and powerful than my earlier heavy Yeti 400. Anker has provided excellent customer service and took me through step by step as I added external Solar Panels. The Anker 400 holds charger very well : Super Happy"
Take me to the Anker Powerhouse 400 generator on Amazon now.
Video Feature Review : Anker Powerhouse 400
- AC/DC/USB: Pure Sine wave AC output at steady 120 watts / Two 12 V DC Ports for lighting / Four fast charging USB ports to charge mobile devices/ A cigarette lighter socket Mini Fridge or Mini Air compressor
- Charge the High Density extremely Lithium Ion battery with external solar panels (not included) or directly from a wall socket or using a car cigarette lighter charger.
- Over 10 million users of Anker Products
- Amongst smallest and lightest at 9.26 pounds in the mid sized portable solar generator category.
- 18 month warranty, Battery Management System (BMS) that controls current, voltage and temperature for complete device and portable solar generator protection.
- Anker PowerHouse Kit consists of the 434Wh Portable Power Supply, a 10ft AC adapter to charge the battery, a 2ft Micro USB charging cable, a welcome guide and friendly customer support.
See the Anker Powerhouse in use : Video Review
See the Anker Powerhouse 400 Portable Battery Generator on Amazon
4 Stars : Anker Power House 400 review by Max Perrine, FL : " Pros :
- Very easy to use. The large buttons for each output type with a status indicator are big and visible. Its a good idea to keep the output switches off as they draw some power on the on position even without anything connected.
- Super Light compared to the competition. The Goal Zero Yeti 400 is its closest competitor and that is a good 30 pounds heavier.
Cons : - There is just one AC output and you are limited to around 120 watts in terms of devices.
-You cant daisy chain the units to add more power. And the batteries cannot be replaced once they wear out. Maybe Anker will change that soon and make them replaceable.
Take me to the Anker Powerhouse 400 generator on Amazon now.
What can the Anker Powerhouse 400 Power up
You may want to check out other portable solar generators as well. And if you want to get a low down on the entire category of solar generators including portable and heavy duty solar generators, this article on solar generators is your go to place.
Anker Powerhouse 400 : Advanced Battery Management
CLEAN POWER : The Anker PowerHouse 400Wh produces clean and reliable power without emissions or pollution.
ADVANCED BATTERY MANAGEMENT : The Anker boasts of an advanced battery management system (BMS) that controls voltage, temperature and other advanced safety options for enhanced safety and protection for your devices.
This is especially important as the BMS enhances the life of the battery inside the Anker Powerhouse 400.
POWER PUNCHER : Don’t let the Anker PowerHouse fool you with its little size. It packs a punch in terms of charging capability.
It will keep your beer cool in a mini fridge for over 7 plus hours. Get your Anker Powerhouse generator right here.
Dudley Aram of Washington, DC comments “I ran my CPAP a full 9 hours and it still showed 70% capacity. Once I ran the CPAP with a DC adaptor, it just used 10% of the Anker Powerhouse’s capacity. For such a small unit, I am very impressed”
Power to spare
Anker Power House 400 : CAPACITY TO SPARE : That laptop will get charged almost 7 times over and the Kindle will charge over 11 times. A smartphone and tablet combo will get knocked out at 10 charges and 24 charges respectively.
Other Portable Solar Generators at its weight can barely do a third of what the Anker Powerhouse 400 is capable of . The Anker PowerHouse is a mini monster of a solar generator.
Solar Panel not included
Anker Powerhouse 400 : SOLAR PANELS NOT INCLUDED : The unit ships without solar panels.
It is not necessary to buy solar panels but it will be invaluable if you tend to go on long outdoor trips.
CHARGE ANY WHICH WAY : You can charge the battery using solar panels (Panel output of must be rated at 16-17v with maximum output of 8 Amps AND the panel wattage must be 100W or less) or from a 12 V car charger outlet or a regular AC wall outlet. AC charging time is about 10 hours.
Anker Powerhouse 400 : Powerful Batteries
HIGH EFFICIENCY LITHIUM ION BATTERY : The Anker PowerHouse 400Wh is powered by a 3.7 volt high density Lithium Ion battery with 120,000 mAh or 120 Ah battery capacity.
The battery ships as a part of your solar generator package and the light weight super powerful Lithium Ion battery is the source of power and the light weight of this winner.
AWESOME DC POWER : This Anker PowerHouse 400Wh Portable solar generator generates 434 watts of continuous DC power. You could run those LED lights for days on end.
PURE SINE WAVE AC POWER : The in-built AC inverter provides one AC output providing 120W of pure sine wave power. This is great for your devices as sensitive electronic circuits need pure sine wave AC power.
Fast USB and expandable
Anker Powerhouse 400 : FAST CHARGING USB : Additionally there are 4 fast charging USB ports each capable of charging a laptop and an additional 12V car charger outlet. The plethora of outputs makes the Anker Powerhouse a really good choice for a truly portable solar generator.
EXPANDABLE : The unit is expandable and you can add additional solar panels and batteries (you will have to buy them separately) to be connected later for even more charging and powering capability. You can’t add additional Anker Powerhouses together in a Daisy Chain.
MULTI USE CAPABILITY : The unit can be used for camping, emergencies, outdoors, tailgating, and more. Its compatible appliances include: laptop, TV, power tools, microwave, smartphone, lights, etc. Get yours now on Amazon.com.
CONCLUSION : This 9.26 pound 400Wh solar generator is arguably the smallest and most powerful in the mid sized portable solar generator category. High quality design and a top end high-density lithium-ion battery makes the Anker Powerhouse 400 a top seller and a must buy generator.
If you want the Anker PowerHouse 400Wh solar generator to work outdoors for longer periods you might want to consider buying solar panels, like the Eco Worthy 100W panel plus charge controller to have a fail safe source of charging the unit. There are more choices available on Amazon, but the Eco worthy panel and charger come with good reviews.
Anker Powerhouse 400 vs Competition
Similar to the Anker Powerhouse 400
- The Phoenix is an all-in-one portable solar power system specifically designed for mobile, off-grid applications and is ideal for emergencies
- This compact, lightweight back-up system combines highly efficient Renogy 20W Monocrystalline Solar Panels and can expand up to 100 watts with additional PVs
- The Phoenix can be charged by solar, AC power, or car power and comes with a 16Ah Li-ion(NMC) battery
- The included 16Ah Li-ion(NMC) battery , giving the capability of limitless power
- Minimum Inverter Efficiency: 80 percentage, Max Continuous Output Power: 150W, Output AC Frequency: 60 Hz
- 500WH MEGA-CAPACITY: ultra high-capacity of 500Wh (137,700mAh), G500 can charge a regular smartphone, or power a laptop, small appliances (mini refrigerator, speaker, projector) and more
- 300W PURE SINE WAVE AC: equipped with 2 pcs 110V / 300W AC outlets generating pure sine wave output for sophisticated devices like modern computers, speakers, and CPAP machines
- QUICK CHARGE USB PORTS: features 3 pcs QC3.0 quick charge USB ports; 2 USB-A ports (5~12V/3A), 1 USB-C port (5~12V/3A) for mobile devices and modern computers like the new Macbook
- VERSATILE DC OUTPUT: each DC port supports 12V/3A output; also has a 12V/10A car port to power up your in-car devices when you're not around your car
- 3 WAYS FOR RECHARGING: you can use AC wall outlets, 12V cigarette lighter socket on your car, and solar panel (not included) to charge this lithium power station when wall outlet is not available
- Extremely quiet operation is comparable to the sound of a normal conversation according to the US Department of Health and Human Services
- EPA III and CARB Compliant 79.7 cc 4-stroke OHV engine produces 2000 surge watts and 1600 rated watts
- Great for campgrounds, construction sites, tailgates and power outages
- Produces clean power to safely operate and prevent damage to sensitive electronics such as smart phones, tablets, televisions and computers
- Includes two three-prong 120V receptacles, one 12V DC receptacle and one 5V USB port
MySolarHome.us is a blog that covers the best in technology and gadgets as well as environmentally sustainable technology offerings. Here are some of the more popular items on the site:
Anker PowerHouse 400 end of Article
Last update on 2018-06-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API