Whereas gasoline-powered chainsaws have been the most popular form for many years, electric chainsaws are growing in the market. Electric chainsaws have many benefits, including being environmentally-friendly, easier to use, and requiring much less maintenance than their gas counterparts.
If you’re looking to buy a chainsaw, electric chainsaws may be the answer to your problems. Even though the punch they pack may be a little weaker, these chainsaws are great tools for beginners.
When picking out the Best Electric Chainsaw for you, there are many things to consider. Here are some details you may want to look into before picking out the perfect electric chainsaw for you.
1. Guide Bar Length
Regardless of the type of chainsaw you’re buying, guide bar length is crucial to you sawing success. Most electric chainsaws operate with a guide bar of length 10 to 16 inches, but longer bars are possible to find.
Because of the comparatively lower power output that electric chainsaws have, it is important to have the optimal guide bar length for the job you’re doing. The best electric chainsaw for you should have a guide bar length that is 2 to 3 inches deeper than the object you’re looking to cut.
2. Cord Length
Another important consideration for your electric chainsaw is the cord length. Because your chainsaw must be connected to power at all times, you’ll want to make sure that your cord is sufficiently long to connect to a power source when doing your jobs.
It’s not uncommon for you to use your chainsaw to do some outdoor work at times. When that is the case, you may want to consider using a solar-powered generator to give your chainsaw the power it needs.
Whether you’re working outside your home or inside, having a longer cord length is always a plus. The very best electric saws will have long cord length so that you will never lose power and will always be able to get the job done.
Comfort is important for any handy job you may be doing, and good, comfortable chainsaw handles will prevent you from becoming fatigued. This will be important for longer, tougher jobs. Handles can make all the difference when using a chainsaw, and electric chainsaws are no different.
With the right handle, you will be able to use the full power of the chainsaw and control it well to finish any job you may need to do. Rubber has become a popular material for handles and is easy to find on many electric chainsaws.
You will want to make sure that the type of handle, the material it is made from, and the hand positioning it provides are all optimal for the type of job you’re looking to do.
Finding the Best Electric Chainsaw
Guide bar length, cord length, and the type of handle are all important considerations when choosing the best electric chainsaw for you. Whether you’re a beginner or chainsaw expert, electric chainsaws are a trend you should definitely take advantage of!
Lets get you started off on your journey of exploration : Presenting
Best Electric Chainsaw Contenders
- Ergonomic inline engine design provides balance and control.
- 16" Bar & chain
- Easy-to-see chain brake alert notifies user when chain brake is activated.
- Simple chain tensioning.
- Automatic oiler keeps bar and chain consistently lubricated for less wear, longer engine life, less kick-back, and greater cutting performance, minimizing maintenance.
- 14.5 Amp motor output delivers a cutting performance similar to gas chainsaws for homeowners, farmers, and ranchers
- Patented auto-tension chain system prevents over-tightening; stays at the right tension for hundreds of uses
- Low kickback bar and built-in chain brake for added safety.This model does not include a battery. This is an electric tool. Chain Speed : 12m/s. Rated Voltage : 120V~60Hz
- Automatic oil lubrication and built-in oil reservoir with window level indicator and chain pitch is 3/8 inch, chain gauge is 0.05 inch, oil tank capacity is 200 ml
- Includes 3-year manufacturer's warranty
- Low kick back 12" Oregon Bar and chain: for construction and outdoor cutting applications
- HIGH EFFICIENCY BRUSHLESS MOTOR: maximizes run time and motor life and chain guage 0.043,chain speed 25.2 ft/s
- Tool free chain tensioning and Bar tightening knob: for proper Bar clamping force
- Compact and lightweight design: Only 8.8 lbs. for maximum user control and comfort.This is a bare tool item, Battery Sold Separately
- Chain speed:25.2 ft/s
- 9 amp electric motor starts within seconds for ease of use and Reliable power
- 14-Inch Bar makes clean up jobs a breeze
- Tool-less chain tensioning for quick adjustments so you can get back to the task at hand
- Wrap around handle provides user comfort while clearing debris. Translucent oil tank for clear view of oil level
- Auto-oiler provides adequate Lubrication to ensure the best cutting performance without the hassle
- Exclusive Self-Sharpening System PowerSharp
- High power motor, 15 Amp for fast cutting with a 18" (45 cm) reduced-kickback guide bar and chain
- Tool-less chain tensioning system
- Ergonomic design to remain light-weight and balanced, low vibration, over-mold comfortable handle
- Integrated chain brake for safety
- This compact, lightweight design is easy to use for all your small limb trimming needs
- 14-inch low-kickback bar and chain with 8-amp electric motor for powerful trimming
- Push-button oiler lets you add just the right amount of oil to your chain
- External chain tension adjuster makes tensioning easy for trimming
- This unit comes fully assembled for a smooth start to your operation
- 2 tools in 1: pole chainsaw or chainsaw
- Ideal for cutting overhanging limbs and thin logs
- Telescoping pole extends to 8.6 ft.
- Powerful 8-amp motor cuts branches up to 7.5-inches thick
- 8-inch Oregon cutting bar and chain with automatic lubrication
- Low kickback bar and built-in chain brake for added safety
- Easy Tool Free Assembly For Added Comfort When Changing The Blade
- Includes Oregon Chain so you get the best and easiest Cut which is great for Homeowners Ranchers Farmers and anyone in need of cutting
- Includes Oil and has Automatic oil lubrication and built-in oil reservoir with window level indicator
- 15.0 Amp Motor Output gives you really high performance Similar to Gas Chainsaws
- "Tool-less" blade and chain adjustments for convenient operation and easy maintenance
- Rubberized grip handles are ergonomically designed for comfort
- Large trigger switch with soft start for smooth start-ups
- Built-in current limiter helps protect motor from burnout by reducing power to motor when saw is overloaded
- Large oil reservoir with view window allows operator to check bar oil level
- Our GREENWORKS brushless motor provides your GREENWORKS tool with longer run-time, more torque and more power. This leads to less wear and tear, extending the life-time of the tool
- Compatible with GreenWorks G-MAX 40V Li-Ion System offering a range of tools to choose from
- Brushless motor delivers up to 30% more torque for the greatest cutting performance; Oil Tank : Translucent
- Brushless motor design offers up to 70% less vibration for user comfort while working. One battery powers more than 25 tools. Battery Capacity-2Ah
- Chain brake and low kickback chain for increased user safety. Electronic chain brake prevents from accidental kick-backs
Last update on 2019-04-23 at 09:54 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API