Welcome : Gaming Laptops are expensive as you probably know, but there is always gold to be found in some deep rabbit hole and you have found the mother lode : the home of the Best Gaming Laptop Under 500.
As you mull and debate your choices before purchasing the best gaming laptop under 500, this article will give you not only the best selection of sub 500 gaming laptops, but also the inputs to help you choose the best available budget gaming laptop.
What to look for in a Gaming Laptop under 500
Lets start with the basics, what are the key features and specifications that are a must have for a good gaming laptop under 500?
Gamers tend to look for features such as the battery size and weight, battery life, the CPU Core type, the system RAM, the gaming laptop display size and resolution as well as the video memory necessary for top notch high resolution fast graphic video rendering.
Start out with your batteries, the number one complaint from Gamers about their laptops revolves around painful memories of laptop batteries sputtering out right at the end of the most epic video game battle in all history.
Make sure your gaming laptop under 500 has batteries that are available either in big box stores or on the internet, and that you are not stuck with the gaming laptop manufacturer.
The other important considerations are the weight and material of your gaming laptop under 500, the lighter the laptop the more convenient they are, but don’t compromise on battery life by going too far.
The next step would be to evaluate the maximum CPU speeds and processing power of the key graphic and central processing units. Does your Gaming Laptop under 500 have the latest generation of processors available in the budget range?
Do a quick search for the latest Gaming CPU’s for Gaming Laptops. This will help you drill down to the latest best value gaming cpu’s for your preferred Gaming Laptop under 500.
The next step is to make sure the laptop has the maximum possible inbuilt RAM for both video and processing use. The best Gaming Laptop under 500 will splutter under the load of the latest generation video games.
Again, you will have to do some research – google “top RAM for Gaming Laptops”.
Find the mid range value RAM specs and make sure your Gaming Laptop under 500 has one of those in their spec set. Many manufacturers lead with older generation CPU’s and RAM’s.
Don’t get conned – if you look hard enough you will find gold.
HARD DISK DRIVE
The final step is to examine storage or hard drive capability. The latest Solid State Hard drives are more expensive but definitely much faster and they would be a very desirable feature.
So without further ado, here are the Best Gaming Laptops Under 500 available on the world’s most amazing marketplace.
The recommendations are based on affordability, the gaming laptop must be affordable and below $500 in price, and they must have great reviews.
This is a curated list of the best value for money gaming laptops available in the United States. Please note, while I have made every effort to keep the gaming laptop listings below $500, price’s do change and some of the gaming laptops may over shoot your $500 budget by a wee bit.
Enjoy your Best Gaming Laptops Under 500 :
Acer Aspire (Best Gaming Laptop Under 500)
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (Up to 3.4GHz)
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-lit IPS Display
- 8GB Dual Channel Memory & 256GB SSD
- Up to 15-hours of battery life
- Windows 10 Home
- 8th Generation Intel Core i3-8130U Processor (Up to 3.4GHz)
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-lit Display
- 6GB Dual Channel Memory, 1TB HDD & 8X DVD
- Up to 13.5-hours of battery life
- Windows 10 Home
- 15.6" diagonal display features 1366 x 768 resolution and utilizes TrueLife technology for crisp, bright visuals. LED backlighting provides a thinner, more energy-efficient screen.
- Get the processing power you need from a 7th Gen Intel Core i3 processor. Multitask with confidence.
- 8GB of memory is available to run your powerful programs and games. Memory is expandable up to 16GB. Additional memory is sold separately.
- 1TB (1000GB) hard drive provides plenty of storage space.
- Features Wireless-AC (802.11ac) for high-performance, cable-free networking. Access wireless networks to share files, surf the Web and exchange e-mail. Fully compatible with 802.11b/g/n. Wired networking is also supported.
- Intel Celeron Processor N3060 (2M Cache, up to 2.48 GHz), Intel HD Graphics 400, with shared graphics memory
- 4GB 1600MHz DDR3L RAM, expendable up to 8GB; 500GB 5400 RPM HDD, Tray load DVD Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)
- 15.6-inch HD (1366 x 768) Truelife LED-Backlit Display; Standard Keyboard, Integrated Widescreen HD 720P Webcam with Single digital microphone, Stereo speakers professionally tuned with Waves MaxxAudio Pro,
- 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0, Dual Band 2.4&5Ghz, 1 x HDMI, 1 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0 [1 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0], 1 x combo headphone / microphone Jack , 3 in 1 Card Reader (SD, SDHC, SDXC), Integrated 10/100 Ethernet Port,
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit English, 4-Cell (removable) battery. 45 Watt AC Adaptor, Color: Black
- HP X360 2-in-1 Convertible, 360° flip-and-fold design, 15.6 inch diagonal Full HD IPS WLED-backlit edge-to-edge glass touchscreen (1920 x 1080), Stylus Pen Included
- 7th generation Intel Core i5-7200U processor, 2.50 GHz (3.1 GHz with Turbo Boost, 3MB cache)
- 8GB DDR4 SDRAM Memory, 128GB Solid State Drive, Multi-format SD media card reader, No Optical Drive
- AMD Radeon 530 2GB DDR3 Dedicated Graphics, B&O PLAY, Dual speakers; High speed 802.11ac WiFi; Bluetooth, 1x USB 3.1 Type-C, 2x USB 3.1, 1x HDMI, 1x Headphone output/Microphone input combo
- Standard (Non backlit) full-size island-style keyboard with numeric keypad, HP TrueVisions webcam, Windows 10, Silver
- 14" multitouch screen for hands-on control, 1366 x 768 HD resolution; Intel HD Graphics 620;
- 7th Gen Intel CoreTM i3-7100U mobile processor, 2.4 gigahertz; HP Active Pen is included.
- 8 gigabytes DDR4 SDRAM;500 GB; Note: This laptop does not include a built-in DVD/CD drive
- Full keyboard with 10-key numeric keypad; Wireless-AC; Bluetooth 4.2; Built-in HD webcam with dual array microphone; HP CoolSense technology;Bang & Olufsen Audio, HP Audio Boost; Stereo speakers;1x USB Type-C; 2x SuperSpeed 10Gbs USB 3.1; 1x HDMI; 1x Headphone/microphone combo jack; Media Reader;
- Windows 10 brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you markup Web pages on your screen.
Asus (Gaming Laptop Under 500)
- Powerful 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U 1.6GHz (Turbo up to 3.4GHz) processor
- 14.2" wide, 0.8" thin and portable footprint with 0.3" NanoEdge bezel for a stunning 80% screen-to-body ratio
- 15.6" anti-glare Full HD display with ASUS Splendid software enhancement
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 1TB HDD; Ergonomic chiclet keyboard with fingerprint sensor.Operating System:Windows 10 Pro,Windows 10 Home
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.1 Type-C (Gen1), USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Lightning-fast 802.11ac Wi-Fi keeps you connected through any congestion or interference
- 7th Generation Intel Core i3-7100U Processor (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 cache)
- 15.6" Full HD Widescreen ComfyView LED-backlit Display supporting Acer ColorBlast technology
- 4GB DDR4 Memory, 1TB 5400RPM HDD
- Windows 10 Home
- Up to 12-hours Battery Life
- Intel Pentium Dual-Core 4405U processor, 2.1GHz, Intel HD Graphics 510
- 360 degree flip-and-fold design,14" HD 1366 x 768 Touchscreen Widescreen LED-LCD Display with 10-point multitouch screen for hands-on control; HD webcam; Built-in Harman/Kardon speakers
- 4GB DDR4 SDRAM RAM, expandable to 16GB, 500GB 5400rpm SATA hard drive; 4-in-1 multi-media reader(SD, MultiMediaCard, SDHC and SDXC ); No optical drive
- Dual-Band Wireless AC( Wireless-B, Wireless-A, Wireless-G, Wireless-N, Wireless-AC), Bluetooth; 2xUSB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0; 1xHDMI, Headphone/microphone combo jack
- Windows 10 home 64-bit; 3-cell Lithium-ion battery, up to 8.5 hours battery life. Weighs 3.86 lbs. and measures 0.8" thin
- 15.6" HD (1366 x 768) LCD w/LED Backlight
- Intel Pentium 4405U (2M Cache, 2.10 GHz), 2 cores, 4 threads
- 4GB DDR4 of Memory, 500GB Hard Drive
- 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI, Intel HD Graphics 510, Built-in media reader, DVDRW
- Weighs 4.85 lbs. and measures 0.9" thin
Google (Gaming Laptop Under 500)
- Intel Dual Core Celeron N2840 with Intel HD Graphics (2.16 GHz, 1 MB cache) , 4GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM, 16GB eMMC flash memory, No Optical Drive
- 14" diagonal HD SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1366 x 768), microSD media card reader, Built-in HP TrueVision HD webcam with microphone
- Intel HD Graphics On-processor graphics with shared video memory provide everyday image quality for Internet use, basic photo editing and casual gaming, Stereo speakers
- 802.11ac (2x2) and Bluetooth 4.0 combo, 1 x USB 3.0 port, 2 x USB 2.0 port,1 x HDMI port, 1 x headphone jack, 1 x microphone jack
- Google Chrome OS, 0.7 in (H) x 13.5 in (W) x 9.4 in (D), Weight: 3.7 lbs, Up to 9 hrs battery life Color: Silver
- 360° flip-and-fold design, 11.6 in HD IPS touchscreen (1366x768 ), Energy-efficient LED backlight, 10-finger multi-touch support ; Intel HD Graphics 400 with shared graphics memory
- Intel Dual-Core N3060 1.6 GHz, Up to 2.48GHz, 4GB DDR3L 1600 MHz; 16GB eMMC storage. SD card reader, No Optical drive
- Bluetooth4.0, 802.11ac, HD Webcam, 1 x USB 2.0; 1 x USB 3.0; 1 x HDMI; 1 x Headphone output/Microphone input combo
- Chrome OS, 3-cell lithium ion battery., Weighs 2.76 lbs. and measures 0.8" thin, Color: White
end Gaming Laptop under 500
Last update on 2018-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API