Hiking and the Solar Flashlight
Are you heading out camping, hiking, boating or diving this summer?
If so, it’s crucial that you have all the proper gear before you head out. Outdoor activities are great to enjoy during the summer, but things can go wrong if you’re not prepared.
Flashlights are a necessary tool no matter what activity you choose to enjoy. A solar flashlight in particular is a great option because it will work for you no matter what the conditions are.
How do Solar Flash Lights Work?
If you look at a solar flash light, you’ll notice it looks slightly different than a traditional light. Solar flash lights are powered by a small panel of photovoltaic cells. This panel is normally on the handle of the light.
Solar-powered flashlights are great because you don’t have to replace the batteries. Although some do have back-up power from batteries, most can be kept in a car, emergency kit or hiking backpack for years and still work when you need it most.
What are the Best Brands?
Solar powered flashlights have a lot of benefits, but they’re not all made the same. Before you purchase, it’s crucial that you do research, read reviews and gather enough information to make an educated decision. The last thing you want is to need your flashlight, only to find that it doesn’t work properly.
If you’re confused on where to start, here are three great solar flashlight brands you can trust. Stock up (we always suggest bringing a backup light) before you head out on your next outdoor adventure:
Just because these flashlights are solar powered, doesn’t mean they can’t pack a punch. The ENCEEN Solar Powered Flashlight is an all-around light for any activity and based off of it’s reviews, it gives off great light.
This light is solar powered but also has a backup rechargeable battery so you’ll never be without light.
If you’re looking to save some space, these compact PrimalCamp Hand Crank Solar Powered Rechargeable LED Flashlights are a great option.
What’s unique about this light is the hand crank. This feature charges the light no matter what the conditions are, whether it’s dark outside or pouring down rain. It’s a compact size and features a clip, so you can easily attach it to any bag to have it ready to go.
3. Gen RR
The Gen RR Hybrid Solar Power Flashlight is one of the top-rated solar-powered flashlights on Amazon, and for good reason. It has a lot of different features that make it durable for any outdoor activity. It’s waterproof up to 80 feet, it holds a charge for up to 3 years and it’s lightweight.
This particular light also comes in a pack of two, so you can keep one in your car and one in your backpack and you’ll never be without it.
Want to Learn More About Solar Power?
Learn more about how to incorporate more solar-powered products by visiting our website.
We have insight into the best brands for solar panels, generators, lights, vents, chargers and so much more.
Best Solar Flashlights on Amazon
- Built-in solar panel, USB charging cable, and hand-crank for light anywhere
- Multiple light options that allow to use as a 250 total lumen output flashlight, floodlight or red emergency light
- Save on power with bright and half-bright modes
- Long-lasting, advanced lithium 4400mAh battery and integrated USB port charges phones and boosts tablets to stay connected
- Run Time: 7 - 48 Hours
- 7 Working Modes Flashlight: Headlight (4-6hrs) - High, Medium and Flashing, Side White Lamp (4-7hrs) - High and Medium, Side Light (6-7hrs) - Flashing Red & Blue (5sec Quick Flashing then Slow Flashing); Press the switch to change working mode and long press 3s to change working LED
- Car Emergency Escape Tool: With the seat belt cutter and glass window breaker, it will be helpful to cut the jammed seat belt, break the stuck window and bring safe escape in emergencies
- Hands-Free and Safety: With a powerful magnet on the side of the flashlight head, you could attach it to the car or other metallic surface to use as a work light, camping lamp or emergency warning light
- Rechargeable Emergency Power Bank: This solar flashlight has a built-in 2000mAh 18650 battery, could be charged with included USB Cable (4-5hrs) or Solar Power (30hrs), using the USB cable to connect your phone with the flashlight and charge your phone for emergency
- Reliable and Necessary: It comes with a weather resistant anodized aluminum alloy body, easy to grip, tail with a compass for outdoors; Not just for auto emergencies, also great for working, camping, or hiking
- Solar & Hand crank powered flashlights no batteries needed. This no battery flashlight is perfect for emergencies, power outages or anytime you need light.【Great Mother's Day Gifts】
- High Efficiency of Energy Conversion Cranking Flashlight: Just 1 minute cranking will generate enough power for 1 hour long using time.
- IPX6 Waterproof and Submersible up to 45 feet. Very durable and handy tool for home and outdoor use. Such as for Vehicle use, Camping, Hiking, Travel Etc. Whether you do survival adventure or rock climbing this no battery spotlight is a must have.
- Bright Flashlight:This solar powered torch light is equipped with high quality LED bulb. Very portable and bright flashlights. Put it in the sun or wind it up to recharge.
- Warranty: ThorFire will provide customers with 40 days money back guarantee and 18 months hassle-free warranty with considerate customer service. Order with no worries!
- HYBRID SOLAR RECHARGEABLE: Charge using the built in solar panel outdoors OR indoors under incandescent lighting, OR by connecting via the included USB cable for rapid charge
- CHARGE OUT TO MOBILE DEVICES: Connect using the included USB cable to charge cell phones and other mobile devices while away from home or during power outages
- EXTREMELY DURABLE AND WATERPROOF: Tested to 3 meters and it floats so you won't lose it
- DUAL MODE: High or Low Beam. Super bright LED shines for up to 25 hours on low beam and 7 hours on high producing 160 lumens of bright white light
- HOLDS A CHARGE FOR YEARS: Always ready when you need it. Perfect for any emergency
- 【Multiple Lighting Mode】headlight( bright light: 3-4 hours, medium light: 5-6 hours, strobe: 5-6 hours). Side white light( full light 3-4 hours, half light 6-7 hours). Side red and blue light flash alternately( 6-7 hours). The lighting distance is 700 feet away.
- 【All-in-one Tool】Not only a flashlight, the hidden cutter can cut strings when camping, and the emergency hammer to break the stuck window or even defend yourself. Strong magnet on the side can be easily attached to the to the car or other magnetic places, leaving your hands free to work. Built-in compass to help you find the direction. Side red and blue light flash alternately can be used to ask for help.
- 【Rechargeable Emergency Power Bank】Built-in 2000mAh 18650 battery, could be charged with included USB Cable (4-5hrs) or Solar Power (15hrs), using the USB cable to connect your phone with the flashlight and charge your phone for an emergency.
- 【Environmental and Durable】Using 5V 50MA monocrystalline silicon solar panel. Solar energy can be absorbed to charge the battery. Charging at any time in the sunshine when in the outdoors. When the side light is working, part of the energy can be converted into electrical energy for recycling use. The waterproof grade is IPX5, perfect for outdoor activities.
- 【1 Year Warranty & Lifelong Service】Buy without risk! Guaranteed after-sales service to assure your long-term enjoyment. If you have any question about this Solar powered flashlight, please contact us. Your satisfaction is the purpose of our service.
Last update on 2018-11-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API