Selecting a great Solar Power Bank
The market for solar power has surged in recent years and is expected to reach a whopping value of $422 billion by 2022. Solar Power Banks are one of the contributors to this explosion.
This renewable energy revolution has triggered innovation in product design. As well as being used to power homes, solar energy technology has also expanded to portable power including the ubiquitous Solar Power Bank.
Now, you can use it to charge your phone, laptop, tablet or GoPro with a portable solar power bank. However, with a huge range of products out there, it can be hard to know which ones are worth buying.
In this post, we’ll tell you how to select the best solar power bank on the market.
Things to Look for in the Best Solar Power Bank for You
Make sure you tick all these boxes before making your purchase.
Is size important to you?
Solar Power banks are designed to be portable, but that doesn’t mean they’re all convenient to carry. Some will fit neatly in your pocket or your hand, while others are large and awkward.
Don’t be duped into buying a product that’s too big or too small. Pictures can be misleading, especially when you’re shopping online. Check the dimensions to avoid buying a product that’s the wrong size.
One of the most important things to look for in solar powered power banks is battery capacity.
Are you looking for something to tide you over when you’ve forgotten your phone charger, or do you need to keep multiple devices running on long trips? The battery size you need will depend on how you answer that question.
There’s a wide range available, solar power banks start at 2,000 mAh and go all the way up to 26,000 mAh. Make sure you know how much you need before you make your purchase.
3. Power Output
The speed at which you can charge your devices will depend on the power output.
If you overlook this detail, you could end up waiting for hours just to get a sufficient charge. For most users, that defeats the entire point of purchasing a solar powered power bank.
4. Ports and Cables
If you need to charge multiple devices at the same time, you need to make sure that your solar power bank has enough USB ports.
The last thing you need is to pull out your power bank and find that it only has one port. If you’re left charging them one-by-one, you’ll be waiting for quite some time.
You should also check if it comes with the right cables to connect to your devices. If it doesn’t, you’ll have to consider the added cost of buying them separately.
Some solar power banks will have built-in cables, so you don’t have to worry about buying, losing or forgetting one. It’s always handy when you need it!
Get More Solar Gadgets
Now that you know how to identify the best solar power bank, it’s time to start shopping!
Here are the Best Solar Power Banks :
Best Solar Power Banks
- 25000mAh High Capacity: Built-in high-quality 25000mAh lithium polymer battery pack, With solar charging function, you don't need to worry about running out of power, It can fully charge your iPhone, Samsung for 10+ times; iPad, Kindle for 4+ times.
- 4 Times Solar Energy Conversion: With 4 foldable highly efficient solar panels converted solar power into battery energy fastly, it charges by solar with 5W power and 1A input current, which is 4 - 6 times faster than the other solar chargers which only has single panel.
- 2.1A Dual USB Ports: Dual USB ports offer 2.1A high speed charging and enable you to charge 2 devices simultaneously, Compatible with all phone models. Intelligently detects and matches the output current to protect it from over-current, over-voltage, over-heated and short circuit via built-in IC chip.
- Design for Outdoor Activity---- It has 9 built-in bright Led lights can be used as emergency light with 3 modes (Normal /SOS /Strobe). Meanwhile, The ports are protected by cover, making them waterproof, shock and dust. Great choice for camping trips or other outdoor activities.
- Best Service----30 days money back and 1 year guaranty, 24h-online customer service, please feel free to contact us for any question. What you get: Hiluckey 25000mAh Portable Solar Charger, a micro USB cable, User Manual.
- Portable solar charger: water-resistant, shock-resistant and dust proof solar phone charger, featured with compass and 2LED flashlight. Awesome for outside activities such as camping, hiking and other emergency use. Made of durable and reliable ABS+PC+Silicone material, solar power bank comes with carabiner and compass, it provide more convenience in your daily or in your trip.
- Built with Dual USB : 5V/1A, 5V/2.1A outputs are available for most digital equipment, 2.1A port for iPad/Tablets, 1A ports for phone/Bluetooth or other 5V USB supported devices. Automatic Smart Identification, it's more convenient and practical.
- Kindly Reminder: The solar feature just can be regarded as "an emergency back-up", and it's a little difficult for such portable size to always produce the high-power under the sun. If the power bank can be charged with the DC adapters through the outlet sometimes, then charged by the sunlight, that would be better. And it will cost nearly 100 hours to get the charger full charged by the pure sunlight.
- Solar battery charger with solar panel can recharge by solar or outlet. But please do not take solar as main power source as it mainly for topping off. It's subject to sunlight intensity and panel conversion rate, which may take long time to charge.
- Five pilot lamps indicate the status of solar power bank timely. When charging the power bank by the solar panel, the green indicator will on, otherwise the blue indicator when USB charging.Kind Note: In order to fully activate the battery, please charge it via outlet or computer for 10 hours at least at the first 2-3 uses.
- High Capacity Battery: Built-in 10000mAh high capacity lithium battery equipped with a compact solar panel, which could recharge the battery itself under sunlight for emergency purpose while outdoor. Solar panel conversion rate is 15-17%.
- External battery charger with solar panel can recharge by solar or outlet. But please do not take solar as main power source as it mainly for topping off. It's subject to sunlight intensity and panel conversion rate, which may take long time to charge.
- Dual USB Charger Ports & 2.0 A Input: 2.0A USB port for iPad/Tablets, 1.0A USB port for smartphone or other devices, can charge two cell phone devices simultaneously; DC 5V/2A input, takes a full charge in just about 4 hours.
- LED Flashlight & Built-in Compass: The LED flashlight works perfectly in darkness, especially for emergency. Just press the button twice, the LED will light up for flashlight mode. Press again, the LED will flashing for emergency. It can help you find your way home when getting lost in the wild. Press the button twice, turn off the light.
- Portable Design: Compact size with a free hook, easy to hold in hand and put anywhere your want; suitable for a wide range of occasions like flights, parties, BBQ and other outdoor activities
- 【Compact & Portable Design】- One of the smallest and lightest solar charger on the market(only weighs7.4oz). Extra hanger included, easy to hang on your backpack, perfect for camping, hiking and various outdoor activities.
- 【Dual-USB Output】- Charge 2 devices simultaneously with max output up to 5V/2.1A, deliver fast charge. Only takes 4-5 hours to fully charge the battery(via 5V/2A charger), save your charging time than most other silimar power banks.
- 【IP67 Waterproof】- Every USB port or micro USB port is covered by rubber cap, better protect battery from water; Reinforced corner makes it more tough and study; Rugged surface to avoid slipping.
- 【Built in mini LED Flashlight】- with three modes available(Normal /SOS /Strobe), convenient to control with one button. SOS mode is specially designed for emergency use.
- 【Safety for Use】- Made of eco-friendly silicone rubber and ABS + PC material. CE, FCC, RoHS certified, reliable and durable. Kindly noted that it's comparatively slow to recharge the battery via solar power due to limited solar panel, please do not take solar as main power source. Please kindly contact us anytime when you meet trouble with our product !
- Portable Solar Charger: This Portable Charger can be recharged when it under the daylight,USB cable from computer, or power Adapter. With this 4 recharge methods,it's very convenient
- Double Flash LED lights, they are bright that when you are walking on dark,Camping at night
- Huge Capacity Battery Pack: Normally It can give about 5 to 6 charges for your Phone,Fully Charge can be offer 3 days even 5 days using
- Three Output Ports: It can charge 3 devices at the same time! (Camera,MP3,MP4 and more) Share it with your friends!
- Warranty : 24h onlines after-sales service,Friendly replace policy
- 24000mAh Power Bank: Built in Eco-friendly 24000mAh Li-Polymer battery, the phone battery can fully charge an iPhone 6s for 10 times, iPhone 7 for 9 times, Samsung S7 for 5.5 times, ipad Air for 3 times.
- Large Solar Panels and Fast Charging : Portable Solar charger with 3 highly efficiency solar panels, which could recharge itself expeditiously, which is 3 - 5 times faster than the other solar chargers.
- Waterproof USB Output: Dual charging ports which offer 2.1A high speed charging allow you to charge 2 devices simultaneo. The USB ports is waterproof, shockproof and dustproof, perfect for outdoor activity .
- LED Use:The solar charger has bright flashlight with 3 modes(Steady-SOS-Strobe), Awesome for outside activities such as camping, hiking, traveling and other emergency use.
- 100% Warranty: 30 days money back, 12 months warranty. Feel free to contact us if you have any question, we will reply you in 24 hours.
- AC/DC/USB Outputs: (2x) AC outlet (max 100W, peak power 150W); (4 x) DC port (15A / 180W max); (1x) QC3.0 USB port (18W max); (3x) USB ports (10.5W max); charges or powers products such as laptops, phones, tablets, cameras, drones, CPAP machine, small home appliances and more
- On-the-Go Power Source: 150Wh (3.7V 40500mAh/11.1V 13500mAh) powerful charging station for camping or emergency backup; probably the most compact power station with a size of 7.3*4.3*4.7 inch, and the weight is only 2.9 lbs; 2 hideable lift handles make it even more portable
- Efficient Solar Generator: connect a solar panel (not included) and S270 Power Station via DC 3.5X1.35 to MC4 connector (included), it can be a silent and gas-free solar generator; with MPPT solar charge controller inside, the unit can be charged much more efficiently
- Triple Input Modes: (1) can be recharged by connecting to SUAOKI 60W, 100W solar panel (SOLD SEPARATELY); (2) can be fully charged in 8 hours by being plugged into wall outlet; (3) can also be charged by plugging into your car 12V socket. (Car charger included)
- Perfect Emergency Tool: battery management system (BMS) enables voltage control, temperature control and more advanced safety operations, ensuring ultra-safety for you and your devices; can also works as a torch for emergency lighting; 18 months warranty and friendly customer service
- This product is a solar emergency charger, 2 USB port can Power for two devices simultaneously
- Meet an emergency: When you go outside or power cuts, you also can use your mobile phone with solar energy
- Environment protect, save resource: You can use solar energy to charge your mobile phone wherever and whenever
- Equipped with dual USB ports
- Convenience: Whenever and wherever you are, you can charge your mobile phone in time
- Built-in solar panel: turns sunlight into disposable power for recharging the solar power bank
- Speedier recharge with Dual inputs: connect both Micro USB & USB-C ports simultaneously and refill the solar panel charger even faster
- 25000Mah & 3 outputs: powers three smartphones or tablets at once up to 5V/6.4a with quick charge, USB-C, and ismart charging ports; perfect addition to your outdoor camping Gear
- Built for outdoors: rugged construction is dust, shock and waterproof; LED emergency light works in strong, probe, and SOS modes; and attach the solar battery Pack with integrated hanging ring
- What you get: 18 + 12 month warranty, RAVPower solar powered charger, Micro USB charging cable, and user guide
- Endless Charging Under the Sun: Portable battery pack charges whenever it's sunny thanks to the wide solar panel
- Fast Recharging from Outlet or Solar: Dual DC 5V/2A and solar power inputs allow you to recharge no matter where you are. (DC input is recommended for faster recharging)
- Mega 15000mAh Capacity: Charges an iPhone 7 for 4.2 times, an iPhone 7 Plus for 3 times, and the Galaxy S8 for 2.8 times
- Ideal for Outdoor Use: The waterproof, shockproof and dustproof design features a LED flashlight that can be activated / deactivated by holding the power button for 3 seconds
- Tips: Recommended for outdoor use only; do not leave in your vehicle as extreme temperature will impact battery life
At MySolarHome, we offer a range of solar-powered products, including lights, toys, watches, and more. You can even get solar backpacks.
Browse our portable power packs to see what we have to offer.
Last update on 2018-12-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API