In regions that are riddled with storms or other natural disasters, generators are a must-have. And the Electric Start Generator is your most convenient option.
Sales for generators have risen over the past few years with the recent surge of power loss due to storms like Hurricane Sandy and Tropical Storm Irene.
If you’re on the market for one, especially an electric start generator, here are several tips you should know. And after that we have a selection of the Top Electric Start Generators as well.
Electric Start Generator : Purpose
What is your main use cases for the electric start generator? Why do you need one? Are small generators better for you? What are your power needs?
These are all good questions to ask yourself when you’re shopping for a generator. Figuring out the right reasons for your generator will make life easier. You’ll know what qualities to look for in a sound generator.
When you’re on the market for a generator, this is step 1. Go through your use cases and determine what makes a generator useful for you.
When you’re finding a generator, you’re going to want the best performance possible. A unit that gives you the best bang for your buck. There are several things you need to look out for when it comes to performance.
How long is the run-time? You might find an electric start generator with a great price, but it only runs for 4 hours. That’s not going to be very useful. We would suggest at least 10 hours of run time. This will usually give you enough juice for a full day of work. It also means that homeowners can run it throughout the night.
Is your electric start generator mobile? You’re going to want a unit with wheels, or that is light enough to carry. Can you imagine moving a large generator on your own? It’s not a fun experience. Take weight and mobility into consideration when you’re shopping for a new generator.
How many outlets are there? You want to make sure that generator has enough outlets for your usage. We’ve created a checklist of appliances you might need so that you know how many outlets you’ll require. Be sure to check the outlet type as well.
Ease Of Maintenance
There’s a high chance that you’ll have some type of problem with your generator. Finding one that is easy to repair is your best bet.
Is it easy to troubleshoot any issues? Where can you access the internals? Does it come with a warranty? What are the limitations of the warranty?
Make sure you’re covered in cases of failure. An electric start generator is a crucial tool that needs to work when things go south. Having a broken generator that’s hard to repair is money wasted.
Check For Safety Features
Make sure your electric start generator has basic safety features. Things like low-oil shut-off and outlet covers are useful in preventing danger. You can also check to see if the units have forced air cooling to prevent overheating. Find a generator that has a frame for structural support. The more safety features you have, the better.
Reviews For Electric Start Generators
Now that you’re armed with tips on what to look for, start researching for an electric start generator! Here are some of the top selling Electric Start Generators.
Best Selling Electric Start Generators
- Digital readout helps manage oil changes and maintenance schedule
- Features electric start, low-oil shutdown, an automatic voltage regulator and overload protection to maximize safety
- CARB & EPA III meet requirements for sale in all 50 states
- Includes wheel kit and foldable handles for easy transport
- 223cc engine provides 4750 surge watts and 3750 rated watts
- Dual Fuel - 4400 Peak Watts and 3600 Running Watts (Gasoline); 4000 Peak Watts and 3300 Running Watts (Propane); 4 Gallon Fuel Tank with Fuel Gauge and Automatic Low Oil Shutdown
- Electric Start - Easy Access One-Touch Power Switch with Emergency Back-Up Recoil Start
- Features Two 5-20R 120V 20 AMP Outlets for Home Use, One L5-30R 120V 30 AMP Outlet, and One TT-30R 120V 30 AMP Outlet; Two Grounding Ports; VFT Display - Volts, Frequency, and Lifetime Hours
- Powered by 212cc OHV 4 Stroke Rainier Engine; Up to 18 Hours of Run Time at a 25% Load; Operational Volume as Low as 65 dB
- EPA and CARB Compliant; RV Ready - Includes Wheel Kit with Two 8 Inch Wheels and Foam Grip Folding Handle for Your Convenience
- Switch between gasoline (4750 surge watts, 3800 running watt) and propane (4350 surge, 3500 running) with the simple turn of the selection dial
- Voltage easily goes from 120V to 240V, perfect for transfer switches and emergency backup
- Electric start powers the 224cc 4-stroke OHV engine with the turn of a key
- 4-gallon tank provides up to 11 hours of half load run time
- Includes two 120V GFCI outlets (5-20R), a 120V/240V NEMA 30A twist lock (L14-30R), a 12V DC cigarette-lighter-style plug, a bottle of oil, a wheel and handle kit, a 47-inch LPG connection hose, and a 2-year warranty
- Dual Fuel - Operate your 3400-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 0.6-quarts of oil (recommended 10W-30) and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- Convenient Electric Start with 3-Position Ignition Switch - Battery included, plus Quick Touch Panel allows you to access all your controls in one spot.Noise Level :59 dBA at 23 feet. Frequency 60 Hz
- Ultra-Quiet Operation - 59 dBA is perfect for RVs, tailgating, your next project or backup power for your home, featuring 3400 starting watts and 3100 running watts with up to 7.5 hours run time on gasoline
- Clean Power for Sensitive Electronics - RV Ready with a 120V 30A RV, plus two 120V 20A household outlets with clean electricity (less than 3% THD) and 12V DC outlet with dual USB adapter
- Champion Support - Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
- Wireless Remote Start - Start and stop with ease from up to 80 feet away with the included wireless remote key fob - push-button power and convenience like never before
- Electric Start - Trust the reliable 208cc Champion engine with its battery-included electric start featuring a 3-way ignition switch, plus built-in Cold Start Technology for easy starts in cold weather
- Reliable and Powerful - At 4375 starting watts and 3500 running watts, enjoy up to XX hours of run time on a full tank of gasoline with a noise level of 68 dBA from 23 feet
- Covered outlets - 120V 30A locking, 120V 30A RV and two 120V 20A outlets and Volt GuardTM built-in surge protector prevents overloads and keeps your appliances and equipment safe
- Champion Support - includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
- 6000 Running Watts and 7500 Peak Watts; Electric and Recoil Start; 6.6 Gallon Fuel Tank with Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) 5-20R 120V Household Duplex Receptacle and One Transfer Switch Ready L14-30R 120/240V Twist-Lock Receptacle; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Plug-and-Play! Comes with Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User's Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- Powered by a 420 cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve with Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter
- EPA, CARB, and CSA Compliant; Backed By a 3-Year Warranty; Nationwide Customer Service and Support Network at 1-855-944-3571
- Dual Fuel - Runs on GAS or PROPANE straight out of the box. Engine type: 4-stroke, wheel diameter: 8.0 inches
- 4750 starting watts, 3800 running watts with up to 9 hours run time on a full tank of gas and up to 10.5 hours on a 20 lb. propane tank
- Powered by a reliable 224cc Champion engine with Touch Start, push-button electric start (battery included)
- Outlets - 120V 30A RV, 120V 30A locking, two 120V 20A household outlets all secured by Volt Guard, protects your appliances from power surges
- Champion Support - 3 year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support
- 12,000 starting watts/ 9,000 running watts with electric start
- 1.2inch (32mm) dia. rigid tubular steel frame with attractive silver grey powder coat finish
- 7.0 gallon, large heavy duty all steel construction fuel tank provides up to 9 hours of run time at 50% load
- Effortless Move. Large 9.5in never-flat wheels designed for heavy duty loads and improved traction and mobility over rough terrain, ultimate on the job mobility
- GFCI Protected Outlets provides added protection and safety under damp condition
- 4400 Watt Surge/3500 Watt Continuous
- 4 Gallon Gas Tank/8 Hour Run Time
- Electric Key Start/Includes Battery
- EPA Approved;Spark plug wrench
- Automatic Low Oil Shut Off
- Extremely quiet operation minimizes noise; EPA III and CARB Compliant
- 212cc 4-stroke OHV engine produces 3800 surge watts and 3400 rated watts with a half-load runtime of up to 8.5 hours
- Fuel shutoff maximizes the generator's lifespan by using up the remaining fuel in the carburetor before shutting down
- Produces clean power to prevent damage to sensitive electronics such as smart phones, tablets and laptops
- Includes two three-prong 120V receptacles, one AC 120V NEMA TT-30R RV receptacle, one 12V DC receptacle, one 5V USB port, a digital load and fuel display, and a two-year warranty
Figure out what brands you want to dive into and what brands are reputable. You can search our site for some of the best generators available.
Last update on 2019-08-19 at 08:04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API