Few gifts will excite your child more than a mini bike. But before you buy, it’s important to know the substantial difference between electric and gas-powered mini bikes.
The last thing you want, after investing in a bike, is for you or your child to be unhappy with it. Especially since you probably won’t reach this conclusion until it’s too late to return it.
Do you know which is best for you and your child? That’s ok because we do!
Both bikes have certain advantages that make them the best choice depending on your needs. We’ll list these advantages here in this guide so you can compare for yourself. Keep reading to find out if a gas or electric mini bike is the right choice for your child.
Advantages of a Gas Mini Bike
To be honest, there’s a reason gas-powered mini bikes are more expensive. It’s because they have the most performance advantages in most situations.
The internal combustion engines of gas bikes are much more powerful than electric mini bike motors. They are faster and more durable than electric bikes. If you are buying a mini bike for racing, gas bikes are the only choice.
They can also run all day long, provided you have fuel handy. With electric bikes, you only have a few hours until the battery runs out. Then you have to wait hours for it to charge up again.
With a gas bike, there’s no need to interrupt the fun. If you’re running on empty, simply fill ‘er up and you’re good to go again. This is especially good news if you are camping in the woods or otherwise nowhere near an electric power source.
Bottom line: if you need a bike that’s fast, can run all day in remote areas, and can take a lickin’ and keep on tickin’, pony up the extra cash for a gas bike.
Advantages of an Electric Mini Bike
Now, hopefully, we didn’t dissuade you from thinking there’s any reason to buy electric. Truth is, there are several reasons to get an electric bike instead of gas.
Firstly, the main advantage is that electric bikes are cheaper. If you don’t have money for a gas bike, you take what you can get right? And you don’t have to keep paying for gas!
Plus, they are better for the environment. They don’t just reduce air pollution but noise pollution, too. Electric bikes are much quieter than gas bikes.
This can be an important deciding factor. Gas bikes are very loud, too loud for some areas.
Certain neighborhoods or nearby wildlife preservation areas may prohibit the use of loud gas bikes. Before you decide on a gas bike, make sure you check local sound pollution laws.
At full charge, electric bikes can be as powerful as gas bikes. And they’re a little more kid-friendly. There’s no messy fuel, no pull-start, and no engine tweaks or smog checks necessary.
Bottom line: electric bikes are cheaper, greener, quieter, easier.
Choose Wisely… And Enjoy!
By now you should be able to tell whether a gas or electric mini bike is best for your needs. But here is the main breakdown.
A gas bike is better for power, durability, and definitely for racing. And electric bikes are better for less expensive, quieter fun. Which one is best for you depends mostly on these factors.
And now here are some to top Gas Mini Bikes followed by the Best Electric Mini Bikes.
Best Gas Mini Bikes
- EASY & SMOOTH - The powerful 80CC overhead valve engine and automatic clutch ensure easy operation and the large comfortable seat, spring-loaded foot pegs, motorcycle style throttle, and super grip tires provide a smooth and controlled ride even on the most rugged terrain.
- SIMPLE TO SET UP - Comes pre-assembled and includes a tool kit. Simply attach the adjustable handlebars, check for proper oil level, add gas and go!
- DURABLE - Durably constructed with a reinforced welded tube steel frame and polypropylene no-dent fenders providing the toughness you need to conquer the outdoors.
- SAFETY FIRST - With a chain guard, exhaust heat shield and engine stop switch, this mini bike was built with safety in mind. The hand operated cable actuated rear disc brake allows for safe and reliable braking.
- DECALS - Please note that with our recent brand change, you may receive a unit that has Monster Moto decals and packaging. Not to worry! Whether "Mega" or "Monster", it's the exact same great Moto product!
- 49cc 2-Stroke gas bike provides a strong kick out of this bike.
- Created with high quality material for handling all types of tough situations
- Strong front and rear disk brake allows maximum control over the bike whenever needed
- Recommended age of rider is 13 years old and up. Maximum weight capacity is 128 lbs
- EPA certified parts
- 80cc 2.5 HP four stroke heavy duty overhead valve (OHV) engine
- Hand operated cable actuated rear disc Brake. Rugged, reinforced frame & adjustable handlebars
- Automatic no-shift centrifugal force clutch
- Built to last: with a powder coated gusset reinforced welded tube Steel frame and tough no-dent polypropylene fenders, our mini bike is durably constructed and ready for the rugged Outdoors
- Super Grip Tires-14.0X5.7R6.0 Off-Road Tubeless Pneumatic Tires with Steel Rims
- UPS SIGNATRE CONFIRMATION:We will ship your bikes via UPS and require SIGNATRE CONFIRMATION. Please provide a valid phone number in your shipping address when placing an order so that we can contact you to have your concern addressed efficiently.
- WARRANTY COVERED:We warranty the products to be free of material defects in workmanship for the warranty period from the date your product is delivered. Damages on Arrival shall be notified WITHIN 3 BUSINESS DAY UPON DELIVERED. Engine is covered to be free from manufacturer defect for three (3) month. Parts are covered under warranty to be free from manufacturer defects for one (1) month. Warranty details is attached below in the description.
- 365-DAY CUSTOMER SERVICE: We provide 365-day customer service via email and phone call support during working days.
- SPECIFICATIONS: Great size for beginner product size is 50inch x 22inch x 33.5inch with seat height 21 inches. Dry Weight: 48.5LBS/22KG, Wet Weight:57.3LBS/26KG. Package: 42inch x 12inch x 22inch, 60lbs. Maximun weight capcity160 lbs. Fuel tank capacity: 0.45gal/1.7L; Max Speed 24.9 mph(40km/h). Fuel grade: 91# gas. Mixture ratio of fuel & lubricant oil: 20~25:1. FRONT/REAR TIRE SPECIFICATION: 2.5-10, both are disk brakes. Strong front and rear disk brake allows maximun control over the bike
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX - Holeshot Mini Dirt Bike. Took kit and hardware required to assemble the unit. Owner's Manual. Decal set. EASY TO INSTALL: 85% assembled, all you need to do is the install the rear shock absorber, front wheel, handle bar and the fender and then HERE YOU GO! Vedio and picture installation is shown in the Technical Specification. Created with high quality material for handling all types of tough situations. Recommended age of rider is 6 years old and up.
- This pocket bike is ideal for providing driveway and parking lot commuting entertainment for children and teenagers 13 years and older. This mini pocket bike motorcycle is constructed with tube steel frame for extra stability.
- Pocket Bike Dimension: 35" L x 17.5" W x 20.5" H; Seat Height: 16"
- Engine: 40CC 4 Stroke, EPA Approval; Engine start: T-pull start; Transmission: Chain drive
- Gas tank capacity: 0.32 Gallon; Cruising range: 26 miles per tank; Max Speed: 18 mph; Fuel/Oil: >#90
- Maximum support weight capacity: 165 Lbs; Throttle: Variable twist-grip; Handlebars: Angle Adjustable (Height cannot be adjusted); Seat: Padded single rider;
Best Electric Mini Bikes
- Scaled down, battery-powered electric moto-cross dirt bike for off-road riding
- Super quiet, single speed, chain driven motor with a twist grip throttle control
- Large knobby tires; hand operated rear brake and battery life is up to 30 min
- Speeds up to 14 miles per hour with no pedaling needed!
- Designed for ages 13 and up; 90-day warranty
- Simple to set up: Tool kit included. Just attach the handlebars, charge the battery pack and go!
- Easy to charge: Comes w/ charger, connects directly to the e-Mini fully charges battery pack in 5 hrs. Always know your charge level with the charge status indicator mounted on the handlebars!
- Built to last: With a powder coated welded tube steel frame and tough no-dent polypropylene fenders, our electric mini bike is durably constructed and ready for the rugged outdoors.
- Safety first: With a safety speed limiter switch that toggles between 7 and 11 mph, our e-Mini was built with safety in mind.
- What's in the box-Monster Moto Classic Electric Mini Bike. Charger, Tool kit, hardware required to assemble the unit. Owner's Manual. Certificate of Origin. Pink and red decal sets.
- Compact electric motocross bike with powerful 650-watt electric motor
- Carries riders at speeds of up to 17 mph; authentic dirt bike frame geometry
- Dual suspension and riser handlebars deliver smooth, comfortable ride
- Pneumatic knobby tires for maximum power transfer; quiet variable-speed, chain-driven motor
- Recommended for ages 16 and older (220-pound weight limit); 90-day warranty
- Powered by a high-torque, chain-driven motor on a steel trellis-frame Chassis design and street geometry with low profile Windscreen
- Features custom 10 inch 3-spoke mag wheels and street tires, rear suspension, Variable speed twist-grip throttle, and hand-operated rear disc brakes
- 24V (two 12V) sealed lead acid rechargeable battery with quick-change compartment and up to 30 minutes of continuous use
- Also, includes adjustable angle riser style handlebars, soft rubber grips, retractable kickstand, folding foot pegs, and hidden storage compartment
- Recommended for ages 13 and up; supports riders up to 140 pounds
- Robust and foldable; the e bike's sturdy frame can support up to 264 pounds and collapse its stem and handlebars for easy storage
- Extreme torque; tackle speeds up to 18 mph via app optimization and climb inclines up to 12 degrees on a powerful zero emission motor
- Long lasting charge; a single charge lets you traverse up to 15.5 miles of thrilling adventures and new discoveries
- App control; connect your iOS or Android with the SwagCycle 2 app to track your trip, speed, GPS location, and more
- USB port; plug your mobile devices into the electric bike's USB port to stay fully charged wherever you go
For more information, check out our full electric bike guide here.
Last update on 2019-07-19 at 04:20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API