The Goal Zero Yeti 150 is one of the 10 Best Portable Solar Generators in the market today.
In this post we will explore the 5 Reasons which make the Goal Zero Yeti 150 a Top Portable Solar Generator.
For the impatient, head straight on to Amazon to see the little monster Yeti 150 Solar Generator.
The Goal Zero Yeti 150 was a stellar performer among a bevy of top class Portable Solar Generators. Take a bow Mr Goal Zero Yeti 150. And if you are curious about the other top sellers, check these 7 Best Portable Solar Generators on Amazon.
Lets now dig deeper into the Goal Zero Yeti 150 and see detailed specs and actual customer reviews on the Goal Zero Yeti 150. To start, lets look at a high level snapshot of the Yeti 150 specs :
Goal Zero Yeti 150 - Portable Solar Generator
Goal Zero Yeti 150 - Quick Specs
Goal Zero Yeti 150
Power : 168 watts
Solar Panel : not included
Battery : 12V, 14 Ah AGM
Recharge : AC, 12V, Solar
Weight : 12 lbs
Outputs : USB (2),12V, AC
Goal Zero Yeti 150 - What can it power?
Go Pro / Iphone - 5 watts
Laptop - 50 watts
Blender - 350 watts
Coffee Blender - 1000 watts
LED Light - 8 watts
32" TV - 60 watts
Computer + Monitor - 500 watts
Circular Saw - 1200 watts
Ipad - 30 watts
Mini Fridge - 60 watts
Microwave - 650 watts
RV Window AC - 1500 watts
Goal Zero Yeti 150 - Customer Reviews
Kojak from Virginia : "The Goal Zero Yeti 150 is a great product. I use this regularly on my RV for lighting, cooling fans, computer games and charging my laptops and phones. It lasts over 3 days on a single charge. I bought a second one now to give me some more power. Thumbs up"
Jayne R, MI - "Use the Goal Zero Yeti 150 for my CPAP machine. It gives me 4 and half hours of continuous service. Enough for most days. But I am going to upgrade to a Yeti 400 Lithium"
Foss Dipen, CA - "Make sure you charge the Goal Zero Yeti 150 with two Nomad 20 panels - that will make the recharge quick. One is slow. The Yeti 150 holds its charge for a long time and the multiple connections are excellent"
Goal Zero Yeti 150 - 5 Reasons to Buy it
Multiple Device Charging Capability
The Goal Zero Yeti 150 has a variety of power outputs that is quite refreshing for such a small portable solar generator.
It has two fast charging 2.1 Amp USB ports, a regular AC outlet ( be warned that the output is modified sine wave – so that might cause slight noise in audio equipment) and standard 12V DC output.
POWER : 168 WH Battery : 14 Ah AGM – 12 Volts Solar Panel – External Nomad 20W – does not come with the Goal Zero Yeti 150 unless you buy the Goal Zero Yeti 150 Solar Generator Kit Charge Controller – Inbuilt
Yeti 150 : Devices Charge capacity
|Lamp (4 WH)||37||charges|
|Smartphone or GoPro (5 WH)||30||charges|
|Digital Camera (8 WH)||18||charges|
|Tablet (30 WH)||5||charges|
|Laptop (50 WH)||3||charges|
|Light Bulb (30 W)||5||hours|
Goal Zero Yeti 150 : Multiple Charging Options
You are in luck with the Goal Zero Yeti 150, it can be charged using Solar Panels or directly from an AC wall outlet or using a Car Charging Outlet. When you charge the Yeti 150 directly from a wall outlet, it takes about 6 hours to fully charge it.
Charging times with Goal Zero recommended Nomad 14 Plus Solar Panel is between 26-52 Hours, with the
Nomad 28 Plus Solar Panel, it is 13-26 Hours and with the Boulder 50 Solar Panels, it is 6 -12 hours. If you want to you can look at other Solar Panels but be sure to match the connectors and the output characteristics of the Solar Panel. The Yeti 150 only accepts 14-29V, up to 5A (60W max).
Finally you can charge if from a 12V Car Charging port and that takes about 8 hours.
This is a great convenience. The Yeti 150 is the smallest solar generator from the Goal Zero stable but its got a powerful 168Wh sealed lead acid battery AGM battery.
This is similar to a 12 volt Car Battery, in fact the Battery is a 12 volt 14 AH AGM battery. Its is important to keep this battery charged at all times.
Just remember how your car battery runs down if you don’t drive enough : when you drive your car’s alternator keeps charging the battery and topping it up.
The Yeti 150 battery can give you hundreds of cycles and operates in temperatures ranging from 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C). To check out the latest prices on the Yeti – click here.
Yeti 150 – AC Power to spare
The Yeti 150 has a surge capacity of 160 watts, i.e if you run an appliance which needs a surge of power to get it started before it runs steadily on lower power consumption.
The Goal Zero Yeti 150 can handle an initial surge requirement of power of up to 160 watts. Thereafter it can offer up 80 watts of steady power.
Its DC 12V car port outputs up to 10Amps of current which is basically 120Watts max. The Yeti 150 has another DC output, the 6mm port (green, hexagon) that also shoots out 12V, 10 Amps max i.e. 120 watts.
Portable & Ease of Use
The Yeti 150 is heavy, but is designed for portability with its easy carry built in handle. It is very user friendly and the LCD display with remaining power and charging status a well as electronic charging control to the protect the battery make the Goal Zero Yeti 150 a potent small Portable Solar Generators
Bonus : Great Service
Goal Zero prides itself on its customer service. The Bluffdale, Utah based Goal Zero has a simple mission Power anything anywhere and provide outstanding customer service. Goal Zero has a broad range of products and they are sold worldwide. A good trustworthy brand that stands behind its products.
If you are hungry for more information about other generators, you can read more about the latest solar generators available today in the market right here:
Goal Zero Yeti 150 Video Review
Competition – Yeti 150 – other alternatives to the Goal Zero Yeti 150 Solar Generator
- - Warranty: free replacement or repair on any damaged (non man-made damage) portable power supply for TWELVE MONTHS!
- - EARY RECHARGING: able to be recharged by solar panel, wall outlet, or in your car
- - EASY TO CARRY: 12.70*5.91*8.66 inches, 7.05Lb; it is THE portable battery you want to keep around. Super convenient!
- - BUILT-IN PORTS: Pure-sine wave inverter,3 three-prong 110V receptacles (for devices up to 500Watt/0.67Hp) ,4 DC 12V ports ,4 USB ports ,1W Led flashlight,Car emergency jump starter,emergency power generator around you! Just weighs 7LB!
- - LARGER CAPACITY: 288Wh/500W powerful portable battery for indoor/outdoor usage, CPAP, small home appliances, etc.
- JACKERY PORTABLE POWER STATION, POWER OUTDOORS!
- JACKERY EXPLORER 240: one of the Jackery Explorer family, is a Portable Power Station, features an AC-outlet, CarPort and USB-outputs. With its 240Wh Capacity, it's capable of charging/powering multiple portable device to fulfill your needs on power when living an outdoor life.
- EASY OUTDOOR LIFE: light and compact, it's easily portable and lightest in its class at just 6.6 lbs and 5'' wide and 8'' tall, with an easy-carry handle for easy travel. It's noise-free without vibration. And it hazes zero emissions, therefore does no harm to personal health, nor to the nature.
- RECHARGED ANYWHERE: recharged under the sun with the Jackery 50W Solar Panel (sold separately) within 10-hrs (in full sun) while living outdoors; recharged from a CarPort within 8-hrs while living a van life; or from an AC wall outlet within 8-hrs.
- POWER OUTDOORS: Plug in a mini coffee maker, mini-fridge, portable cooler and much more. Now you can keep food fresh in coolers for a family cook-out at the campsite. Or keep your drinks cold and plug in a TV/Projector for tailgating before the big game or camping with friends. Or power your GoPro/camera to film your adventures when fishing, hunting, car-traveling, boating etc? Take Jackery Explorer 240 with you to power all your outdoor fun.
- JACKERY PORTABLE POWER STATION, POWER OUTDOORS! Jackery Explorer 160 weighs only 3.84lbs. Its compact dimensions (7.4 x 4.5 x 6.7inch) and durable handle provide simple portability. The Explorer 160 high capacity 167Wh, 46400mah (11.6Ah/14.4V) generator affords power while camping off-grid, at festivals, fishing hunting and during short blackouts
- CHARGE MOST OF YOUR DEVICES ANYWHERE: Equipped with 1*USB-C port(5V 3A), fast-charging 2*USB-A ports(5V 2.4A), a standard DC 12V port(12V/7A), and an AC inverter(110V 60Hz 100W 150W max); It can charge everything from smartphones and laptops to cameras,CPAP and drones
- ECO-FRIENDLY AND QUIET: Jackery Explorer 160 is equipped with a lithium battery pack-no fumes, no clanging and no fuel needed! To recharge simply plug the unit into a wall socket, car or solar panel (sold separately). Full charge takes 5 hours by wall socket and car, and 8-10 hours by solar panel depending on weather
- Other cool features: (1)LCD screen with charge/discharge and battery life status; (2) Switch with indicator light for on/off output port charging; (3)powerful built-in LED flashlight with SOS mode (long press the button), very helpful when outdoor or at home
- Safety and warranty: battery management system (BMS) enables short circuit protection, voltage control, temperature control and more advanced safeguards; We back our 24 month product warranty with 24/7 friendly customer service
- Nature's Generator has a built-in 1800W Pure Sine Wave Inverter and Internal 60 AH battery; Helps produce 720 watt hours of total output on a single charge.
- 1 - 100W Polycrystalline Solar Panel with included Solar Panel Cart for ease of transport and movement
- Includes 3 - 120V AC outlets , 2 - USB ports that produce 3A of combined power , 1 - 12V DC outlet, 1 - Solar Input (200W charge controller included) and 1 - Wind Input (300w charge controller included)
- Bluetooth Smartkey for easy pairing with iOS and/or Android devices. Allows you to track system use and run system diagnostics.
- Built-in 600-Volt/175 Amp expansion port for connecting an unlimited amount of nature's power pods
- UPGRADE --- Comparing to other similar style, this Power Station is with larger power capacity 288Wh rather than 200Wh, built-in more USB and DC ports. Perfect emergency power generator for home/ travel/ camping/ CPAP machine (Use DC-DC converter from your CPAP would get longer hours)/ RC helicopter/ Laptop/ Phones/ Lights all electronic devices.
- EASILY RECHARGEABLE VIA SUN,WALL OUTLET AND CAR --- Charged by solar panel(13V-24V,solar charger cable sold separately) Charged by wall outlet(7-8 hours fully charged, power adapter included) Charged by car 12V adapter(car charger included). Easy and Fast! Kindly Notice: The solar panel is not included with the generator, you need to buy separately!
- On Line UPS -- Battery power supply surge protection for desktop pc,workstations,networking devices and home entertainment systems.Safeguards valuable documents, photos, videos,and music files, playstation from loss or damage due to power outage.
- Versatile Outputs and Mini Size -- Pure-sine wave inverter,3 three-prong 110V receptacles (for devices up to 500Watt/0.67Hp) ,4 DC 12V ports ,4 USB ports ,1W Led flashlight,Car emergency jump starter,emergency power generator around you!Just weight 7LB!
- Safety Guaranteed and Warranty -- Battery Management System (BMS) Provide short circuit, Overcharger Overload protection, environmental protection, energy saving and fire-proof ABS materia.Our worry-free 12-month warranty and friendly customer service.
Goal Zero Yeti 150
Last update on 2019-09-15 at 20:01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API