The Goal Zero Yeti 150 is one of the 10 Best Portable Solar Generators in the market today.
In this post we will explore the 5 Reasons which make the Goal Zero Yeti 150 a Top Portable Solar Generator.
For the impatient, head straight on to Amazon to see the little monster Yeti 150 Solar Generator.
The Goal Zero Yeti 150 was a stellar performer among a bevy of top class Portable Solar Generators. Take a bow Mr Goal Zero Yeti 150. And if you are curious about the other top sellers, check these 7 Best Portable Solar Generators on Amazon.
Lets now dig deeper into the Goal Zero Yeti 150 and see detailed specs and actual customer reviews on the Goal Zero Yeti 150. To start, lets look at a high level snapshot of the Yeti 150 specs :
Goal Zero Yeti 150 - Portable Solar Generator
Goal Zero Yeti 150 - Quick Specs
Goal Zero Yeti 150
Power : 168 watts
Solar Panel : not included
Battery : 12V, 14 Ah AGM
Recharge : AC, 12V, Solar
Weight : 12 lbs
Outputs : USB (2),12V, AC
Goal Zero Yeti 150 - What can it power?
Go Pro / Iphone - 5 watts
Laptop - 50 watts
Blender - 350 watts
Coffee Blender - 1000 watts
LED Light - 8 watts
32" TV - 60 watts
Computer + Monitor - 500 watts
Circular Saw - 1200 watts
Ipad - 30 watts
Mini Fridge - 60 watts
Microwave - 650 watts
RV Window AC - 1500 watts
Goal Zero Yeti 150 - Customer Reviews
Kojak from Virginia : "The Goal Zero Yeti 150 is a great product. I use this regularly on my RV for lighting, cooling fans, computer games and charging my laptops and phones. It lasts over 3 days on a single charge. I bought a second one now to give me some more power. Thumbs up"
Jayne R, MI - "Use the Goal Zero Yeti 150 for my CPAP machine. It gives me 4 and half hours of continuous service. Enough for most days. But I am going to upgrade to a Yeti 400 Lithium"
Foss Dipen, CA - "Make sure you charge the Goal Zero Yeti 150 with two Nomad 20 panels - that will make the recharge quick. One is slow. The Yeti 150 holds its charge for a long time and the multiple connections are excellent"
Goal Zero Yeti 150 - 5 Reasons to Buy it
Multiple Device Charging Capability
The Goal Zero Yeti 150 has a variety of power outputs that is quite refreshing for such a small portable solar generator.
It has two fast charging 2.1 Amp USB ports, a regular AC outlet ( be warned that the output is modified sine wave – so that might cause slight noise in audio equipment) and standard 12V DC output.
POWER : 168 WH Battery : 14 Ah AGM – 12 Volts Solar Panel – External Nomad 20W – does not come with the Goal Zero Yeti 150 unless you buy the Goal Zero Yeti 150 Solar Generator Kit Charge Controller – Inbuilt
Yeti 150 : Devices Charge capacity
|Lamp (4 WH)||37||charges|
|Smartphone or GoPro (5 WH)||30||charges|
|Digital Camera (8 WH)||18||charges|
|Tablet (30 WH)||5||charges|
|Laptop (50 WH)||3||charges|
|Light Bulb (30 W)||5||hours|
Goal Zero Yeti 150 : Multiple Charging Options
You are in luck with the Goal Zero Yeti 150, it can be charged using Solar Panels or directly from an AC wall outlet or using a Car Charging Outlet. When you charge the Yeti 150 directly from a wall outlet, it takes about 6 hours to fully charge it.
Charging times with Goal Zero recommended Nomad 14 Plus Solar Panel is between 26-52 Hours, with the
Nomad 28 Plus Solar Panel, it is 13-26 Hours and with the Boulder 50 Solar Panels, it is 6 -12 hours. If you want to you can look at other Solar Panels but be sure to match the connectors and the output characteristics of the Solar Panel. The Yeti 150 only accepts 14-29V, up to 5A (60W max).
Finally you can charge if from a 12V Car Charging port and that takes about 8 hours.
This is a great convenience. The Yeti 150 is the smallest solar generator from the Goal Zero stable but its got a powerful 168Wh sealed lead acid battery AGM battery.
This is similar to a 12 volt Car Battery, in fact the Battery is a 12 volt 14 AH AGM battery. Its is important to keep this battery charged at all times.
Just remember how your car battery runs down if you don’t drive enough : when you drive your car’s alternator keeps charging the battery and topping it up.
The Yeti 150 battery can give you hundreds of cycles and operates in temperatures ranging from 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C). To check out the latest prices on the Yeti – click here.
Yeti 150 – AC Power to spare
The Yeti 150 has a surge capacity of 160 watts, i.e if you run an appliance which needs a surge of power to get it started before it runs steadily on lower power consumption.
The Goal Zero Yeti 150 can handle an initial surge requirement of power of up to 160 watts. Thereafter it can offer up 80 watts of steady power.
Its DC 12V car port outputs up to 10Amps of current which is basically 120Watts max. The Yeti 150 has another DC output, the 6mm port (green, hexagon) that also shoots out 12V, 10 Amps max i.e. 120 watts.
Portable & Ease of Use
The Yeti 150 is heavy, but is designed for portability with its easy carry built in handle. It is very user friendly and the LCD display with remaining power and charging status a well as electronic charging control to the protect the battery make the Goal Zero Yeti 150 a potent small Portable Solar Generators
Bonus : Great Service
Goal Zero prides itself on its customer service. The Bluffdale, Utah based Goal Zero has a simple mission Power anything anywhere and provide outstanding customer service. Goal Zero has a broad range of products and they are sold worldwide. A good trustworthy brand that stands behind its products.
If you are hungry for more information about other generators, you can read more about the latest solar generators available today in the market right here:
Goal Zero Yeti 150 Video Review
Competition – Yeti 150 – other alternatives to the Goal Zero Yeti 150 Solar Generator
- AC/DC/USB Outputs: (2x) AC outlet (max 100W, peak power 150W); (4 x) DC port (15A / 180W max); (1x) QC3.0 USB port (18W max); (3x) USB ports (10.5W max); charges or powers products such as laptops, phones, tablets, cameras, drones, CPAP machine, small home appliances and more
- On-the-Go Power Source: 150Wh (3.7V 40500mAh/11.1V 13500mAh) powerful charging station for camping or emergency backup; probably the most compact power station with a size of 7.3*4.3*4.7 inch, and the weight is only 2.9 lbs; 2 hideable lift handles make it even more portable
- Efficient Solar Generator: connect a solar panel (not included) and S270 Power Station via DC 3.5X1.35 to MC4 connector (included), it can be a silent and gas-free solar generator; with MPPT solar charge controller inside, the unit can be charged much more efficiently
- Triple Input Modes: (1) can be recharged by connecting to SUAOKI 60W, 100W solar panel (SOLD SEPARATELY); (2) can be fully charged in 8 hours by being plugged into wall outlet; (3) can also be charged by plugging into your car 12V socket. (Car charger included)
- Perfect Emergency Tool: battery management system (BMS) enables voltage control, temperature control and more advanced safety operations, ensuring ultra-safety for you and your devices; can also works as a torch for emergency lighting; 18 months warranty and friendly customer service
- UPGRADE --- Comparing to other similar style, this Power Station is with larger power capacity 288Wh rather than 200Wh, built-in more USB and DC ports. Perfect emergency power generator for home/ travel/ camping/ CPAP machine (Use DC-DC converter from your CPAP would get longer hours)/ RC helicopter/ Laptop/ Phones/ Lights all electronic devices.
- EASILY RECHARGEABLE VIA SUN,WALL OUTLET AND CAR --- Charged by solar panel(13V-24V,solar charger cable sold separately) Charged by wall outlet(7-8 hours fully charged, power adapter included) Charged by car 12V adapter(car charger included). Easy and Fast! Kindly Notice: The solar panel is not included with the generator, you need to buy separately!
- On Line UPS -- Battery power supply surge protection for desktop pc,workstations,networking devices and home entertainment systems.Safeguards valuable documents, photos, videos,and music files, playstation from loss or damage due to power outage.
- Versatile Outputs and Mini Size -- Pure-sine wave inverter,3 three-prong 110V receptacles (for devices up to 500Watt/0.67Hp) ,4 DC 12V ports ,4 USB ports ,1W Led flashlight,Car emergency jump starter,emergency power generator around you!Just weight 7LB!
- Safety Guaranteed and Warranty -- Battery Management System (BMS) Provide short circuit, Overcharger Overload protection, environmental protection, energy saving and fire-proof ABS materia.Our worry-free 12-month warranty and friendly customer service.
- VERSATILE & PORTABLE POWER SOURCE: comes with 3*100V/110V AC outlets (300W Pure Sine Power Inverter), 4*DC outlets (a extra cigarette socket cable), 4*USB ports. It can charge USB/5V, DC/12V and AC appliance anywhere
- On-the-Go Power Source: 200Wh powerful charging station for camping or emergency backup; probably the most compact power station with a size of 9.1*4.3*5.2 inch, and the weight is only 5.2 lbs
- Pure sine wave: Better than modified sine wave, high efficiency, high frequency, stable technology, suitable for all kinds of load, can be connected to many electrical equipments and no interference.
- With 3 Ways Input Charging- Home wall AC outlet power,Car cigarette DC 12V/24V power and 18v 100W solar power panel（Separately)
- What You Get:300W Portable Generator,AC Adapter,Car Charging Cable,DC Cable,MC4 Solar Connector Cable,User Manual along with our 18-month warranty and friendly&easy-to-reach customer service.
- Portable Solar Generator Kit: A rechargeable & replaceable battery solar generator system with solar panels, storage solar generator power to battery and supply power to LED light and mobile phone. Widely applicable to home, camping, rv.
- Multiple Outports: 6 watt 6V solar panel, 9Ah 3.7V battery, 2 USB 5V DC Output for your tablets, iPhone, iPad, usb fans and small TV charged up, or lights. 4 Ports 3.7 V output to LED light.
- Compact: portable, small size, outdoor.6.9*6.5*3.0 inch, weight:3.3Lb(4.2Lb with all accessories). Widely applicable to camping, hiking, fishing, expedition, hunting, outdoor activities and home as emergency power supply.2 way charging- by solar energy, or by AC Power.
- Durable: Use rechargeable & replaceable battery and high quality solar panels, with lifetime more than 10000h.
- Package content: 1* Portable Power Generator ,1* Solar panel,5* Rechargeable battery,1* Power cable,1* Multi function USB cable,3* LED Lamps,1* Remote Control,1* User Manual.
- The Phoenix is an all-in-one portable solar power system specifically designed for mobile, off-grid applications and is ideal for emergencies
- This compact, lightweight back-up system combines highly efficient Renogy 20W Monocrystalline Solar Panels and can expand up to 100 watts with additional PVs
- The Phoenix can be charged by solar, AC power, or car power and comes with a 16Ah Li-ion(NMC) battery
- The included 16Ah Li-ion(NMC) battery , giving the capability of limitless power
- Minimum Inverter Efficiency: 80 percentage, Max Continuous Output Power: 150W, Output AC Frequency: 60 Hz
Goal Zero Yeti 150
Last update on 2018-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API