The Goal Zero Yeti 150 is one of the 10 Best Portable Solar Generators in the market today.
In this post we will explore the 5 Reasons which make the Goal Zero Yeti 150 a Top Portable Solar Generator.
For the impatient, head straight on to Amazon to see the little monster Yeti 150 Solar Generator.
The Goal Zero Yeti 150 was a stellar performer among a bevy of top class Portable Solar Generators. Take a bow Mr Goal Zero Yeti 150. And if you are curious about the other top sellers, check these 7 Best Portable Solar Generators on Amazon.
Lets now dig deeper into the Goal Zero Yeti 150 and see detailed specs and actual customer reviews on the Goal Zero Yeti 150. To start, lets look at a high level snapshot of the Yeti 150 specs :
Goal Zero Yeti 150 - Portable Solar Generator
Goal Zero Yeti 150 - Quick Specs
Goal Zero Yeti 150
Power : 168 watts
Solar Panel : not included
Battery : 12V, 14 Ah AGM
Recharge : AC, 12V, Solar
Weight : 12 lbs
Outputs : USB (2),12V, AC
Goal Zero Yeti 150 - What can it power?
Go Pro / Iphone - 5 watts
Laptop - 50 watts
Blender - 350 watts
Coffee Blender - 1000 watts
LED Light - 8 watts
32" TV - 60 watts
Computer + Monitor - 500 watts
Circular Saw - 1200 watts
Ipad - 30 watts
Mini Fridge - 60 watts
Microwave - 650 watts
RV Window AC - 1500 watts
Goal Zero Yeti 150 - Customer Reviews
Kojak from Virginia : "The Goal Zero Yeti 150 is a great product. I use this regularly on my RV for lighting, cooling fans, computer games and charging my laptops and phones. It lasts over 3 days on a single charge. I bought a second one now to give me some more power. Thumbs up"
Jayne R, MI - "Use the Goal Zero Yeti 150 for my CPAP machine. It gives me 4 and half hours of continuous service. Enough for most days. But I am going to upgrade to a Yeti 400 Lithium"
Foss Dipen, CA - "Make sure you charge the Goal Zero Yeti 150 with two Nomad 20 panels - that will make the recharge quick. One is slow. The Yeti 150 holds its charge for a long time and the multiple connections are excellent"
Goal Zero Yeti 150 - 5 Reasons to Buy it
Multiple Device Charging Capability
The Goal Zero Yeti 150 has a variety of power outputs that is quite refreshing for such a small portable solar generator.
It has two fast charging 2.1 Amp USB ports, a regular AC outlet ( be warned that the output is modified sine wave – so that might cause slight noise in audio equipment) and standard 12V DC output.
POWER : 168 WH Battery : 14 Ah AGM – 12 Volts Solar Panel – External Nomad 20W – does not come with the Goal Zero Yeti 150 unless you buy the Goal Zero Yeti 150 Solar Generator Kit Charge Controller – Inbuilt
Yeti 150 : Devices Charge capacity
|Lamp (4 WH)||37||charges|
|Smartphone or GoPro (5 WH)||30||charges|
|Digital Camera (8 WH)||18||charges|
|Tablet (30 WH)||5||charges|
|Laptop (50 WH)||3||charges|
|Light Bulb (30 W)||5||hours|
Goal Zero Yeti 150 : Multiple Charging Options
You are in luck with the Goal Zero Yeti 150, it can be charged using Solar Panels or directly from an AC wall outlet or using a Car Charging Outlet. When you charge the Yeti 150 directly from a wall outlet, it takes about 6 hours to fully charge it.
Charging times with Goal Zero recommended Nomad 14 Plus Solar Panel is between 26-52 Hours, with the
Nomad 28 Plus Solar Panel, it is 13-26 Hours and with the Boulder 50 Solar Panels, it is 6 -12 hours. If you want to you can look at other Solar Panels but be sure to match the connectors and the output characteristics of the Solar Panel. The Yeti 150 only accepts 14-29V, up to 5A (60W max).
Finally you can charge if from a 12V Car Charging port and that takes about 8 hours.
This is a great convenience. The Yeti 150 is the smallest solar generator from the Goal Zero stable but its got a powerful 168Wh sealed lead acid battery AGM battery.
This is similar to a 12 volt Car Battery, in fact the Battery is a 12 volt 14 AH AGM battery. Its is important to keep this battery charged at all times.
Just remember how your car battery runs down if you don’t drive enough : when you drive your car’s alternator keeps charging the battery and topping it up.
The Yeti 150 battery can give you hundreds of cycles and operates in temperatures ranging from 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C). To check out the latest prices on the Yeti – click here.
Yeti 150 – AC Power to spare
The Yeti 150 has a surge capacity of 160 watts, i.e if you run an appliance which needs a surge of power to get it started before it runs steadily on lower power consumption.
The Goal Zero Yeti 150 can handle an initial surge requirement of power of up to 160 watts. Thereafter it can offer up 80 watts of steady power.
Its DC 12V car port outputs up to 10Amps of current which is basically 120Watts max. The Yeti 150 has another DC output, the 6mm port (green, hexagon) that also shoots out 12V, 10 Amps max i.e. 120 watts.
Portable & Ease of Use
The Yeti 150 is heavy, but is designed for portability with its easy carry built in handle. It is very user friendly and the LCD display with remaining power and charging status a well as electronic charging control to the protect the battery make the Goal Zero Yeti 150 a potent small Portable Solar Generators
Bonus : Great Service
Goal Zero prides itself on its customer service. The Bluffdale, Utah based Goal Zero has a simple mission Power anything anywhere and provide outstanding customer service. Goal Zero has a broad range of products and they are sold worldwide. A good trustworthy brand that stands behind its products.
If you are hungry for more information about other generators, you can read more about the latest solar generators available today in the market right here:
Goal Zero Yeti 150 Video Review
Competition – Yeti 150 – other alternatives to the Goal Zero Yeti 150 Solar Generator
- Specializes in providing outdoor green power solutions for explorers, Jackery launched the world's first Lithium Portable Power Station in 2015. Jackery Portable Power Station, Power Outdoors.
- QUIET GENERATOR & ECO-FRIENDLY CLEAN POWER: Jackery Explorer 240 is equipped with a 240 watt-hour (16.8Ah, 14.4V) lithium-ion battery pack, no fuel or gasoline needed, no fumes, no clanging! Pack light for your next camp trip with Jackery portable power station.
- OUTDOOR CAMPING BATTERY: Portable power station specially designed for charging laptops, mini-cooler, drone and other outdoor electronics. Explorer 240 features 1* AC outlet (110V 200W 400W Peak), 2* USB-A ports and 1* DC car port, power your outdoor adventure without worry.
- SOLAR READY RECHARGING: pairs well with Jackery Solar Saga 60W/100W (sold separately), easily get recharged with the efficient solar panel. Pure sine wave inverter portable power station, protect your sensitive devices; Jackery Portable power station with solid handle, easy to carry wherever you go.
- PACKAGE DETAILS & EXQUISITE CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE: You will receive 1* Jackery Explorer 240 Portable Power Station (240Wh Portable Power Station), 1*AC Adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user guide and we back our 24-month product after-sales support with 24/7 friendly customer assistance.
- 【298Wh Large Capacity Battery】Featuring with updated lithium battery cells, this power station is 298Wh powerful enough to charge a smartphone 40 times, laptops 7-8 times, 32" TVs 5+ hours, CPAP 4+ nights(using DC converter), mini-refrigerator 5+ hours, lights or other small appliances. Rated power is 300W while peak surge power is 600W.
- 【Super Multiple Ports】Prymax portable power bank is equipped with much richer ports than others, including 2* AC output ports(pure sine wave), 3* DC ports(12&24V output, 19V input), 2* 5V 3.1A USB quick charge ports, 1* 5V3A/9V2A type-c output port, 1* 12/8A cigarette lighter port, fully meeting the needs of your travel charge.
- 【Run More Safely】2 pure sine wave AC outlets ensure a safer charge for your sensitive devices, better than modified sine wave and clean power like utility supplied electricity. Built-in Smart and Silent Cooling Fan will automatically turn on the fan when the unit is hotter to maintain the unit at the constant temperature without running the fan constantly. The low-noise and gas-free design make it more environmentally friendly.
- 【Compact and Portable】With an easy-carry handle, Prymax power station is a portable model in its class at just 6.5 lbs and 8.5*7*5 inch/23*19*14cm. Take it with you on-the-go and never worry about power shortage. Flashlight with SOS light design provides convenience for your outdoor emergency.
- 【What You Get】Package includes 1*298Wh portable power station, 1*AC power adapter, 1*user manual and 1*service card. We provide every customer with free 2-year warranty and friendly customer service.
- Nature's Generator has a built-in 1800W Pure Sine Wave Inverter and Internal 60 AH battery; Helps produce 720 watt hours of total output on a single charge.
- System includes 1 x 100W Polycrystalline Nature's Generator Power Panel with built-in wheels for ease of transport and movement. Also includes 50ft power panel cable for easily connecting the Power Panel to the Nature's Generator (some assembly required).
- The Nature's Generator features 3 x 120V AC outlets, 2 x USB ports that produce 3A of combined power , 1 x 12V DC outlet, 1 x Solar Input (200W charge controller built-in) and 1 x Wind Input (300W charge controller built-in).
- The front of the Nature's Generator also features a light up LCD screen that gives the user a view of the battery level, charging status, output usage (above 100W) and more!
- The back panel of the Nature's Generator also has a built-in 600-Volt/175 Amp expansion port for connecting an unlimited amount of Nature's Generator Power Pods.
- LARGER CAPACITY : 296Wh(10.8V/25.5Ah)/400W with AC Outlet, Car Port and USB Outputs, Aeiusny portable power station is handy and good use for your rv outdoors, festivals, fishing hunting and short blackouts etc. This is a TRUE LIFE SAVIOR!
- BUILT-IN PORTS : 3 AC outlets/2 DC ports/4 USB ports powerful rechargeable lithium power pack to charge iPhone X 40+ times, 30W laptops 10 hours, Drone, Mini-Refrigerator, CPAP, small home appliances, etc. When you are in an emergency, it can be used as a backup battery.
- EASY TO CARRY : 12.3*4.88*6.48 inches, 7.49Lb; it's the quiet generator you want to keep around. You can carry it with you or put it in your car, super convenient!
- EASY RECHARGING : Able to be recharged by Aeiusny 60w solar panel (Sold Separately) within 10-15 hours in full the sun, AC wall outlet (included), or car cigarette port (included).
- 12 MONTHS WARRANTY : Free replacement or repair on any damaged (non man-made damage) Aeiusny 400W ADS for TWELVE MONTHS! Have CE, ROHS, FCC certification, please use it safely without danger. Follow WF
- FREE SOLAR PANEL CABLE: This generator comes FREE with Solar Panel Cable, others sell this for $14.99. Compatiable with most all solar panels but recommended with KYNG POWER 60w Panel.
- EASY RECHARGING: Able to be recharged by solar panel, wall outlet, or in your car. Quick and Easy to meet all of your needs.
- GUARANTEED: 100% 18 month warranty for Free replacement or repair on any damaged (non man made) portable generator. In an emergency or for regular use you can rely on KYNG POWER Generator. CE, ROHS,FCC certification.
- BUILT-IN PORTS and PORTABLE: Kyng Power Pure-sine wave inverter, 3 three-prong 110V receptacles (for devices up to 500Watt/0.67Hp) ,4 DC 12V ports ,4 USB ports ,1W Led flashlight, emergency power, camping generator around you! 12.70*5.91*8.66 inches, 7.05Lb. This portable battery you want to keep around. Super convenient and reliable!
- LARGER CAPACITY: 288Wh/500W powerful portable battery, 1000W peak for indoor/outdoor usage, CPAP, small home appliances, emergencies. Please note: this is not a gas generator, it runs on a lithium ion battery.
Goal Zero Yeti 150
Last update on 2019-11-17 at 10:23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API