Drum Roll : The Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium is one of the 10 Best Solar Generators in the market today.
The team reviewed over 36 Solar Generators. Three Goal Zero Solar Generators made it to the top 10 list. The Goal Zero Yeti 150, the Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium and the Goal Zero Yeti 3000 Lithium. Take a bow Mr Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium.
For the impatient, head straight on to Amazon to see the very capable Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium Solar Generator.
Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium
Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium Mid Sized Generator
In a hurry : Check out the Yeti 400
Lithium Solar Generator
This article is a detailed review with customer feedback about the Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium.
In this post we will explore the 5 Reasons which make the Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium a Top Portable Solar Generator.
5 Reasons that make the Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium a winner
SMALL : The small Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium is a powerful mid sized Portable Solar Generator.
But, the Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium has the looks of a its much smaller cousins the Portable Solar Generators.
PORTABLE : Even though the Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium is not the lightest in its class, its power to weight ratio makes the Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium a formidable Solar Generator.
PLUG & PLAY : The Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium is a plug and play solar generator that is easy to use with a broad selection of AC and DC power inputs and outputs.
BATTERY : The Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium scores very high marks thanks to its outstanding heavy duty, long life, multi cycle Lithium Ion Batteries. Light Powerful and Long Lasting.
INDOOR or OUTDOOR : The Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium is eminently suited for both indoor and outdoor use .
Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium : Customer Review
Arnold Gewritz of Toronto : " The Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium has served my needs very well. Goal Zero has exemplary customer service and the user documentation was very clear. As an emergency power backup the Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium is doing a great job "
Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium : Quick Specs
|POWER : 428 WH||Weight : 16lbs|
Yeti 400 Lithium
|Solar Panel : Not Included (Available with panels also for $ 825)||Battery :39.6Ah 10.8V Lithium Ion|
|Recharge : AC, 12V, Solar||Outputs : USB (3),12V (2), AC (2)|
What can it power?
| Go Pro/Iphone|
| LED Light|
|Computer + Monitor|
| RV Window AC|
Customer Review :
You may want to check out other portable solar generators as well. And if you want to get a low down on the entire category of solar generators including portable and heavy duty solar generators, this article on solar generators is your go to place.
Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium : Battery Management
RELIABLE POWER : The Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium produces clean and reliable power without emissions or pollution.
BATTERY MANAGEMENT : The Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium Solar Generator has advanced electronics inbuilt to protect not only the devices you connect but also the internal Lithium ion battery of the Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium.
POWER : The Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium is amongst the smaller mid sized generators, but it is definitely heavy duty in terms of its power capacity of 428 watt hours.
It will keep your beer cool in a mini fridge for over 7 plus hours. Get your Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium generator right here.
Rafa Diaz of Brooklyn, NY comments “Impressive Battery Performance. The Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium battery can be routinely discharged without much damaging it, unlike with lead acid batteries where deep discharge seriously impacts its life span.“
Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium : Power
POWER TO SPARE : The Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium will charge your laptop 7 times over and the Kindle will be re charged over 11 times. A smartphone and tablet combo will max out at 10 charges and 24 charges respectively.
Other Portable Solar Generators at its weight find it hard to compete with the Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium. The Anker Powerhouse 400 is its only serious competitor.
Yeti 400 Lithium : No Solar Panel
SOLAR PANELS NOT INCLUDED : The unit ships without solar panels.
It is not necessary to buy solar panels but it will be invaluable if you tend to go on long outdoor trips.
CHARGING : You can charge the battery using solar panels. Goal Zero’s The Boulder 100 Briefcase will fully recharge the Yeti 400 Lithium in about 8-16 hours.
Plug theGoal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium into an AC outlet and you will recharge fully in about 7 hoyrs.
WARNING NO 12 V CHARGING : DO NOT CHARGE YOUR GOAL ZERO YETI 400 LITHIUM FROM A 12V DC SOURCE. Doing so might permanently damage the unit.
Yeti 400 Lithium : Powerful Batteries
HIGH EFFICIENCY LITHIUM ION BATTERY : The Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium is powered by a 10.8 volt high density Lithium Ion battery with 39.6 Ah battery capacity.
The battery ships as a part of your solar generator package and the light weight super powerful Lithium Ion battery is the source of power and the light weight of this winner.
SOLID POWER : Customer Audrey B of Little Silver say ” TheGoal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium powered a string of lights, several cell phones and my 120 watt heating blanket for a night quite easily. Slightly heavy but I was very happy during the cold nights”
PURE SINE WAVE AC POWER : The in-built AC inverter provides two AC outputs that providing 300W of pure sine wave power with surge of 1200 watts.
This is great for your devices as sensitive electronic circuits need pure sine wave AC power.
Yeti 400 Lithium : Fast USB
FAST CHARGING USB : Additionally there are 3 fast charging USB ports each capable of charging a laptop and an additional 12V car charger outlet on the front panel of the Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium.
MULTI USE CAPABILITY : The unit can be used for camping, emergencies, outdoors, tailgating, and more. Its compatible appliances include: laptop, TV, power tools, microwave, smartphone, lights, etc. Get yours now on Amazon.com.
CONCLUSION : This 17 pound 428WhGoal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium solar generator is amongst the smallest and most powerful in the mid sized portable solar generator category. High quality design and a top end high-density lithium-ion battery makes theGoal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium a top seller and a must buy generator.
If you want theGoal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium solar generator to work outdoors for longer periods you might want to consider buying solar panels, like the Eco Worthy 100W panel plus charge controller to have a fail safe source of charging the unit. There are more choices available on Amazon, but the Eco worthy panel and charger come with good reviews.
Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium Video Review
See the Goal Zero Yeti 400 on Amazon.
- The Phoenix is an all-in-one portable solar power system specifically designed for mobile, off-grid applications and is ideal for emergencies
- This compact, lightweight back-up system combines highly efficient Renogy 20W Monocrystalline Solar Panels and can expand up to 100 watts with additional PVs
- The Phoenix can be charged by solar, AC power, or car power and comes with a 16Ah Li-ion(NMC) battery
- The included 16Ah Li-ion(NMC) battery , giving the capability of limitless power
- Minimum Inverter Efficiency: 80 percentage, Max Continuous Output Power: 150W, Output AC Frequency: 60 Hz
- 500WH MEGA-CAPACITY: ultra high-capacity of 500Wh (137,700mAh), G500 can charge a regular smartphone, or power a laptop, small appliances (mini refrigerator, speaker, projector) and more
- 300W PURE SINE WAVE AC: equipped with 2 pcs 110V / 300W AC outlets generating pure sine wave output for sophisticated devices like modern computers, speakers, and CPAP machines
- QUICK CHARGE USB PORTS: features 3 pcs QC3.0 quick charge USB ports; 2 USB-A ports (5~12V/3A), 1 USB-C port (5~12V/3A) for mobile devices and modern computers like the new Macbook
- VERSATILE DC OUTPUT: each DC port supports 12V/3A output; also has a 12V/10A car port to power up your in-car devices when you're not around your car
- 3 WAYS FOR RECHARGING: you can use AC wall outlets, 12V cigarette lighter socket on your car, and solar panel (not included) to charge this lithium power station when wall outlet is not available
- Extremely quiet operation is comparable to the sound of a normal conversation according to the US Department of Health and Human Services
- EPA III and CARB Compliant 79.7 cc 4-stroke OHV engine produces 2000 surge watts and 1600 rated watts
- Great for campgrounds, construction sites, tailgates and power outages
- Produces clean power to safely operate and prevent damage to sensitive electronics such as smart phones, tablets, televisions and computers
- Includes two three-prong 120V receptacles, one 12V DC receptacle and one 5V USB port
- JACKERY PORTABLE POWER STATION, POWER OUTDOORS!
- JACKERY EXPLORER 240: one of the Jackery Explorer family, is a Portable Power Station, features an AC-outlet, CarPort and USB-outputs. With its 240Wh Capacity, it's capable of charging/powering multiple portable device to fulfill your needs on power when living an outdoor life.
- EASY OUTDOOR LIFE: light and compact, it's easily portable and lightest in its class at just 6.6 lbs and 5'' wide and 8'' tall, with an easy-carry handle for easy travel. It's noise-free without vibration. And it hazes zero emissions, therefore does no harm to personal health, nor to the nature.
- RECHARGED ANYWHERE: recharged under the sun with the Jackery 50W Solar Panel (sold separately) within 10-hrs (in full sun) while living outdoors; recharged from a CarPort within 8-hrs while living a van life; or from an AC wall outlet within 8-hrs.
- POWER OUTDOORS: Plug in a mini coffee maker, mini-fridge, portable cooler and much more. Now you can keep food fresh in coolers for a family cook-out at the campsite. Or keep your drinks cold and plug in a TV/Projector for tailgating before the big game or camping with friends. Or power your GoPro/camera to film your adventures when fishing, hunting, car-traveling, boating etc? Take Jackery Explorer 240 with you to power all your outdoor fun.
- 396Wh lead acid battery portable power station can power up to 7 devices at once (33Ah @ 12V)
- Continuous 300W, 600W surge pure-sine wave inverter, 2.1A USB ports, 120W 12V ports
- Charge phones, tablets, laptops, cameras, and most small devices. Backup power for small appliances, lights, and more
- Recharges from AC, 12V or solar panels (sold separately). Gas-free generator alternative with no noise, no fumes, no maintenance
- Chainable with other 33Ah lead acid batteries for longer runtimes
MySolarHome.us is a blog that covers the best in technology and gadgets as well as environmentally sustainable technology offerings. Here are some of the more popular items on the site:
Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium
Last update on 2018-06-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API