Portable Power Supply for Camping : The joy of Camping increases exponentially when a Reliable Portable Power Supply powers the music and your essential communications around your campfire and campsite.
Portable Power Supply aka Peace of Mind : An unobtrusive, compact and silent Portable Power Supply gives you peace of mind and provides a safety tether to the mainland during your camping trip to the wilds.
Choosing the right Camping Power Supply need not be a risky or stressful exercise.
Get all your information on the Best Portable Power Supplies right here.
For the really impatient, click on the box to see the top rated best selling Portable Power Supplies.
Read on to learn how to choose the best Portable Power Supply.
Who needs a Portable Power Supply ?
Portable Power Needs : If your power needs on a camping trip are limited to a Tablet and a couple of Phones, you will be better served by a regular Solar Charger. A Portable Power Supply might be overkill.
If you plan to just use your Smart Phones while you are hiking the trails a Solar Phone Charger will do the job very well.
So who really needs a Portable Power Supply for camping?
Camping Power Supply : A Portable Camping Power Supply is usually a shared resource for two or more Campers on a camping trip for a couple of days.
Your power needs include the standard charging of your Laptops and smart phones.
In addition you plan to have a couple of lights and perhaps even listen to your boombox during the campfire and power an Electric Blanket or a CPAP machine. If you answer is yes to most of the above, you are a good candidate for a Portable Power Supply.
If your power needs are going to be more than the scenario I described or if your trip is going to be longer, you might be better served by a Portable Solar Generator.
Best Portable Power Pack for Camping
Portable Power Pack for Camping : A Portable Power Pack for Camping is another name for a Portable Power Supply.
These are essentially a compact electronically packaged unit designed to provide power for various camping / outdoor activities.
Whats inside? : The Portable Power Supply has three electronic components : In built Battery, Charging Power Supply for the Battery and an Inverter to convert the Portable Power Supplies DC Power to AC.
Here is a quick selection of the Best Portable Power Packs for Camping.
Best Camping Battery
Camping Battery : Smaller Portable Power Packs are also called Camping Batteries.
See a few of the Top Camping Batteries by clicking on the box .
Battery Care : Avoid over charging or discharging of your camping battery to get the most out of them.
Avoid using the Portable Power Supply till it dies; at that point you have completely discharged the battery.
Similarly when you charge your Portable Power Supply, don't keep charging it for hours on end.
You will end up overcharging the camping battery.
How to choose a Portable Power Supply ?
Power Supply : The first question you need to answer is how much power do you need on your Camping Trip?
Can you do with a 100 watt Portable Power Supply for Camping or do you need a larger Camping Battery? More about that later.
Weight of your Portable Power Pack : Be very careful not to over size your Power Pack.
It just might not be worth the effort of lugging it around on rugged uneven camping terrain.
Does the Portable Power Pack have a carrying case ? What are its dimensions, can it be easily packed into a rucksack?
Who will be in charge and will it be an easy load to carry on your camping site terrain?
Choosing the Inverter and Battery
Camping Battery : The Battery is simply the most critical component of the Camping Portable Power Supply unit. Choose wisely, you will need to balance the cost of the Portable Power Supply Unit, with its weight and power.
The smallest size and weight are reserved for Lithium Ion Battery based Portable Power Packs. However, Lithium Ion based Camping Batteries are more expensive.
You might find an AGM battery based Portable Power Pack for Camping could work well for your budget and weight requirements.
The Inverter is a critical component of the Portable Power Supply. Its best to get a Sine Wave Inverter as they provide clean power for your devices.
Size your Portable Power Supply
To dive deep into assessing your power needs, you can go to the calculator which will serve equally well for a Portable Power Supply for Camping, even though it's focused on Solar Generators.
Weight of your Portable Power Pack : Be very careful not to over size your Camping Portable Power Pack while sizing it. It just might not be worth the effort of lugging it around on rugged uneven camping terrain.
Now that you have enough information to make a good choice of your Portable Power Supply for your camping trip, lets jump right into them :
TOP selling Portable Power Supplies
- JACKERY PORTABLE POWER STATION, POWER OUTDOORS!
- JACKERY EXPLORER 240: one of the Jackery Explorer family, is a Portable Power Station, features an AC-outlet, CarPort and USB-outputs. With its 240Wh Capacity, it's capable of charging/powering multiple portable device to fulfill your needs on power when living an outdoor life.
- EASY OUTDOOR LIFE: light and compact, it's easily portable and lightest in its class at just 6.6 lbs and 5'' wide and 8'' tall, with an easy-carry handle for easy travel. It's noise-free without vibration. And it hazes zero emissions, therefore does no harm to personal health, nor to the nature.
- RECHARGED ANYWHERE: recharged under the sun with the Jackery 50W Solar Panel (sold separately) within 10-hrs (in full sun) while living outdoors; recharged from a CarPort within 8-hrs while living a van life; or from an AC wall outlet within 8-hrs.
- POWER OUTDOORS: Plug in a mini coffee maker, mini-fridge, portable cooler and much more. Now you can keep food fresh in coolers for a family cook-out at the campsite. Or keep your drinks cold and plug in a TV/Projector for tailgating before the big game or camping with friends. Or power your GoPro/camera to film your adventures when fishing, hunting, car-traveling, boating etc? Take Jackery Explorer 240 with you to power all your outdoor fun.
- AC/DC/USB Outputs: (2x) AC outlet (max 100W, peak power 150W); (4 x) DC port (15A / 180W max); (1x) QC3.0 USB port (18W max); (3x) USB ports (10.5W max); charges or powers products such as laptops, phones, tablets, cameras, drones, CPAP machine, small home appliances and more
- On-the-Go Power Source: 150Wh (3.7V 40500mAh/11.1V 13500mAh) powerful charging station for camping or emergency backup; probably the most compact power station with a size of 7.3*4.3*4.7 inch, and the weight is only 2.9 lbs; 2 hideable lift handles make it even more portable
- Efficient Solar Generator: connect a solar panel (not included) and S270 Power Station via DC 3.5X1.35 to MC4 connector (included), it can be a silent and gas-free solar generator; with MPPT solar charge controller inside, the unit can be charged much more efficiently
- Triple Input Modes: (1) can be recharged by connecting to SUAOKI 60W, 100W solar panel (SOLD SEPARATELY); (2) can be fully charged in 8 hours by being plugged into wall outlet; (3) can also be charged by plugging into your car 12V socket. (Car charger included)
- Perfect Emergency Tool: battery management system (BMS) enables voltage control, temperature control and more advanced safety operations, ensuring ultra-safety for you and your devices; can also works as a torch for emergency lighting; 18 months warranty and friendly customer service
- POWERFUL AC, USB and 12V OUTPUTS: Whether you're looking to keep tablets, iPhone, iPad, laptops, fans and TV charged up, or running lights and CPAP machine (*Use DC-DC converter from your CPAP would get longer hours), the Paxcess portable power station features a variety of outputs, including 3* 12V DC port(max 180W,with an extra cigarette socket cable) / 2* 110V AC outlet inverter(modified sine wave, max 100W) / 2* USB 5V port, to ensure you have the power you need at any time.
- EASILY RECHARGEABLE VIA SUN, WALL AND CAR: 1)This solar generator can be recharged by connecting to the included 50W solar panel directly in 10 hours. 2) This backup battery can be fully charged in 8 hours by being plugged into wall outlet. 3) This backup power supply can also be charged by plugging into your car 12V adapter.(Car charger included)
- HIGH CAPACITY LIGHTWEIGHT LITHIUM POWER PACK: 150WH(3.7V 40800mAh/12V 12800mAh) lithium batteries only weights 3.3lb, possibly the smallest size power supply on the market. This silent and gas-free solar generator is handy to be put on your RV, camper and perfect for emergencies, camping or wherever you need power; The upgraded LED display features DC/AC/UPS output and input meter.(LED screen is covered with protective film, please remove it before using)
- SAFETY GUARANTEED: Battery Management System (BMS) undertakes voltage control, temperature control and more advanced safety operations, ensuring complete protection for you and your devices.
- WHAT YOU GET: Rockpals portable solar generator kit, 4.2ft / 1.3m AC adapter, 3.3ft / 1m car charger cable, DC to Cig Socket adapter, user guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service. We also offer separate MC4 to DC 35135 adapter for directly charging generator from solar panel. Please SEARCH B072LXYKGX on Amazon.
- VERSATILE & PORTABLE POWER SOURCE: comes with 3*100V/110V AC outlets (300W Pure Sine Power Inverter), 4*DC outlets (a extra cigarette socket cable), 4*USB ports. It can charge USB/5V, DC/12V and AC appliance anywhere
- On-the-Go Power Source: 200Wh powerful charging station for camping or emergency backup; probably the most compact power station with a size of 9.1*4.3*5.2 inch, and the weight is only 5.2 lbs
- Pure sine wave: Better than modified sine wave, high efficiency, high frequency, stable technology, suitable for all kinds of load, can be connected to many electrical equipments and no interference.
- With 3 Ways Input Charging- Home wall AC outlet power,Car cigarette DC 12V/24V power and 18v 100W solar power panel（Separately)
- What You Get:300W Portable Generator,AC Adapter,Car Charging Cable,DC Cable,MC4 Solar Connector Cable,User Manual along with our 18-month warranty and friendly&easy-to-reach customer service.
- MULTI-CAPACITY POWER STATION FOR CAMPING: 42000mAh 155Wh Power Station with 3 USB ports (5V,3.1A shared with 3 ports) can charge phones, iPad, GPS, mp3, camera, RC helicopter etc when traveling;3 DC (Direct Current) ports can help for car cleaning and car tire changing etc. Powerful flashlight provide you about 125 hours lighting on your camping night.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL BATTERY PACK,GREAT EMERGENCY POWER SUPPLY:Super power bank,it not only can charge DC devices(180W max),but also AC (Alternating Current) appliances(100W max) like laptops,fan, lights,mini refrigerator,CPAP machine (Use DC-DC converter from your CPAP would get longer hours),great power backup for emergency like home power outages, hurricanes and so on.
- SMALL OUTDOOR GENERATOR: It is compact and light weight, easy to put it in backpack, RV and camper. Besides, it is easily be recharged by solar panel(13V-24V/50W) or by wall outlet(7-8 hours fully charged, power adapter included)or by car 12V adapter(car charger included).Friendly Notice:The solar panel is not included, you need to buy separately!
- SAFETY GUARANTEE: Ultra Safety Technology provide you with complete protection.Intelligent circuit design protects against short circuiting,over-heating, over-currents, and over-charging, keep you and the battery safe.
- We provides you with excellent After-sale service,30 days Money-back satisfaction guarantee without any reason,12 months warranty for quality-related issues and friendly communication.
There is a lot more you can do with solar. Check out these articles. Thank you for visiting MySolarHome.us
Top Portable Power Supply / TOP Camping Batteries / TOP Portable Power Packs for Camping – end of the article
Last update on 2018-09-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API