Your child’s Power Wheels car needs a new battery and you have no idea where to start shopping.
The types of Power Wheels batteries can be intimidating as there are many different specifications and types for certain vehicles. Do not fear, this buying guide will break it all down for you and give you the best Power Wheels battery for your child’s car.
Which 12-Volt Power Wheels Battery Should I Buy?
You must be careful in choosing the correct 12-volt Power Wheels battery replacement. There are two 12-volt batteries that seem similar but have different amperage.
Here are the best 12-volt Power Wheels batteries that will get your child back on the road:
Gray Power Wheels Rechargeable 12-Volt Battery
The easiest way to tell which battery you need for your child’s Power Wheels is by color. If your child’s Power Wheels came with an all-gray battery, you must buy the Power Wheels 12 Volt Rechargeable Battery to replace it.
This battery has 30 amps and is compatible with Power Wheels 12-Volt 9 Amp/Hr vehicles.
Orange-Top Power Wheels Rechargeable 12-Volt Battery
If your child’s Power Wheels came with a battery that has an orange top, you need to buy this Orange-Top Power Wheels Battery.
The Orange Top battery has a higher amperage than the gray one. Because of this, you can’t swap the orange battery with a gray battery or vice versa.
Newer Fisher Price toys like the Jeep Hurricane or Smart Cars require the extra power given by the orange battery. If you put the gray battery into these cars, the breaker will keep tripping and resetting, making the battery weaker.
Which 6-Volt Power Wheels Battery Should I Buy?
There are two great choices for 6-volt batteries, both from Power Wheels. Like the 12-volt batteries, the only difference between the two is the amperage.
Blue Power Wheels Rechargeable 6-Volt Battery
You should stick with the same color battery that the Power Wheels came with. If it had a blue 6-volt battery, you should purchase the Blue Power Wheels Rechargeable 6-volt battery.
Red Power Wheels Rechargeable 6-Volt Battery
If your Power Wheels has a 6-volt 9.5 Amp/Hr system, then you need to buy the Red Power Wheels 6-volt battery. This has a higher amperage than the Blue Power Wheels battery.
Buying a Battery Charger
These batteries don’t come with chargers, so be sure to pick one up. Since there isn’t a one-size-fits-all charger for these batteries, you’ll have to buy the one that matches the voltage of your Power Wheels battery.
6-Volt Red Battery Charger
For red batteries, you can purchase the SafeAMP 6-Volt Charger. It’s highly-rated and is very affordable.
6-Volt Blue Battery Charger
SafeAMP also offers a 6-Volt Charger for Blue Batteries. It currently has 4.5 stars on Amazon and has a low cost.
This SafeAMP 12-Volt Charger has great reviews on Amazon and sells for a reasonable price. It’s also compatible with both gray and orange top batteries.
Get Your Child Back in the Driver’s Seat
Finding a cheap Power Wheels battery is simple once you understand the specifications for each vehicle. When you pop the replacement Power Wheels battery back in, your child can finally enjoy their cruise around the yard again.
Best Power Wheels Battery as seen on Amazon
- This 12-volt battery has been designed to fulfill rigorous Power Wheels requirements in order to provide the best possible performance
- Use with: Fisher-Price Power Wheels Advanced Series vehicles Type 12V battery system only
- With internal, self-resetting fuse; also comes with an instruction booklet containing important safety information
- Use only with approved Power Wheels vehicles of the appropriate type specified
- Overcharging or under-charging the battery may shorten battery life and decrease vehicle running time. The battery must be upright while charging.
- 6V 9.5 Amp/Hr rechargeable battery;Built-in thermal fuse included ;Ford Lil' F-150-6V, Power Wheels Lil' Dune Racer-6V
- Refer to the instruction manual for battery specifications on your particular Power Wheels vehicle
- Use only with approved Power Wheels vehicles that have a 6V 9.5 Amp/Hr battery system
- Red Power Wheels 6V (9.5 Amp/Hr) rechargeable battery is compatible with all of the following model types: Power Wheels
- Item is hazmat hence it is non-returnable.Use of the wrong type battery or recharger could cause a fire/explosion, resulting in serious injury
- 100% compatible with all Power Wheels 12-Volt using the Gray Battery (NOT Compatible with Orange Top Battery)
- Connector will fit perfectly in Power Wheels charger and Power Wheels vehicle
- Dimensions: 151x65x99 mm / 5.9x2.5x3.9 in
- SLA Battery - 12V 9.5AH (Same specifications as original Fisher-Price battery)
- Connector with Replaceable 30 AMP Fuse included
- For use with a Power Wheels vehicle that requires a 12V, 9.5 Ah lead acid battery
- Battery charger not included. Please use the charger that was included with your Power Wheels vehicle to charge the battery
- Prevent premature battery failure! Fully charge battery before storage.
- Before first time use, you must charge the battery at least 18 hours (but no more than 30 hours). Always recharge for at least 14 hours (but no more than 30 hours).
- For adult use only.
- For use with a Power Wheels Toddler vehicle that requires a 6V, 4.0 Ah lead acid battery
- This product does not include a charger. Please use the charger that was included with your Power Wheels vehicle to charge the battery.
- Before first time use, you must charge the battery at least 18 hours (but no more than 30 hours).
- Always recharge for at least 14 hours (but no more than 30 hours).
- IMPORTANT: Prevent premature battery failure! Fully charge battery before storage.
- ORANGE TOP BATTERY
- Office Product
- POWER WHEELS BY FISHER-PRICE
- For use in the J4394 & K7112 Power Wheels Jeep Hurricane only
- Wired to produce 12 volts
- Rechargeable battery, tested for cycle life
- Preselected for efficiency with Peg-Pérego vehicles
- Item contains hazardous material and is not returnable
- This item is not for sale in Catalina Island
- Power Wheels 12 Volt Orange Battery 00801-1661 and 12v Charger 00801-1778
- Fisher Price
- NEW 00801-0638 Battery 12 Volt Gray Genuine Power Wheels Fisher Price Grey 12V
- Brand:Power Wheels / Fisher Price - MPN:00801-0638
Last update on 2019-07-19 at 03:40 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API