Whether it is for residential purposes or leisure reasons, a propane generator is an investment you will not regret.
Propane Generators have certain advantages over other generators.
Here we will give you the basics of the systems and operations of a Propane Generator.
What is a Propane Generator
Generators are devices that work by converting chemical or mechanical energy into electrical power.
A Propane Generator converts chemical energy from Propane fuel to power.
Increasing popularity of Propane Generators
Generators come in a wide variety of sizes, capacities, functions and power source. Their mechanical design include engines, turbines and pistons to name a few.
They can be powered by diesel, gas or propane. Propane Generators are powered by propane fuel. Propane is a Liquefied Petroleum Gas, from the family that includes butane and propylene.
Just over a hundred years ago, scientists developed a way to modify certain gases into liquids. In this form, they can be stored in bottles for safekeeping in homes and other common areas.
Click here to head straight to top selling Propane Generators, or read on to learn more.
Top reasons to buy a propane generator
PROPANE GENERATOR : STORAGE
Propane can be stored for a longer period of time compared to other types of fuel. Gasoline lasts for three months and evaporates in the most normal conditions.
Propane works even after 30 years of storage as long as the containing cylinder and valve are in good condition. These are usually high-quality galvanized gas cylinders.
PROPANE GENERATOR : CONVENIENCE & ECONOMY
No standing in long lines at the gas station. Propane is widely available in stores and neighborhood home improvement outlets.
Tops in economy, propane is one of the cheapest fuels going around. You have the lowest running costs when you buy a Propane Generator. They are the most homeowner pocket friendly generators.
While all other benefits are important, cost almost always tops the list of
considerations that matter the most.
PROPANE GENERATOR : CLEAN POWER
Propane is one of the few commercial fuels that burn cleanly. Unlike a gasoline generator a Propane Generator produces only half the amount of dangerous Carbon Monoxide gases.
This does not mean that one can ignore basic ventilation requirements though.
The risk of spillage is zero for propane fuel. It is generally stored in safe tanks that are equipped with security valves.
As a result, you don't have to worry about spilling and wasting the fuel when filling up. Simply connects the propane generator to the tank using a hose and turns on the valve for the fuel to flow.
PROPANE GENERATOR : LOW MAINTENANCE
Say goodbye to problems such as the the build-up of carbon and deposits or choking carburetors. Propane Generators are easy start and generally more reliable.
PROPANE GENERATORS : MORE POWER
Things get even better, Propane Generators produce significantly more power when compared to other generators.
Gas-powered generators are limited to around 8500 watts and are rather noisy as well.
With a Propane Generator you could easily go up-to 15000 watts. This amount is enough to keep the entire home powered including the central air.
Additionally, stationary generators powered by propane can be hardwired to automatically react and turn on when an outage occurs resulting in not
even a minute of darkness and discomfort.
PROPANE GENERATORS : DUAL FUEL & LESS NOISE
Many Propane Generator have dual fuel capability and can run on gasoline as well. Thats a boon during longer outages when a single source of fuel might run out.
Most Propane Generators are significantly quieter than their gasoline counterparts.
Propane Generator : Disadvantages
What are the disadvantages of a propane generator
Like all regular generators, Propane generators too cannot be used indoors. This is a limitation that applies to all generators other than Solar Generators.
Larger sizes of Propane Generators are more expensive. This is especially true for larger sizes such as 30KW and higher.
The general risk factor of propane fuel is lower despite being combustible. However, it is important to note that this gas is naturally heavier than air.
As a result, any leakages will easily sink to the floor level and be concentrated there. It cannot be easily detected in this form and location, so one will not be wary of the potential danger.
Propane Generator Buying Guidelines
What to look for when buying a propane generator
The first consideration the power requirement. Evaluate your load requirement. How much covered space will you need to power?
What are you peak demands for power as well as your average power use?
PROPANE GENERATOR : LOCATION
It should never be indoors for safety reasons. It should be easily accessible in times of maintenance and for repair purposes.
The area should be elevated avoid any water build up Additionally, there are required distances from the opening of building structures and combustible materials.
Are you planning to us it as a single phase source or would you need three phase. Having a professional electrician install your generator is always advisable.
PROPANE GENERATOR : TRANSFER SWITCH
In addition to the power requirements, it is also important to determine the transfer switch type. Automatic ones are usually incorporated in emergency systems when nobody is always around.
Manual switches are more suitable for residential areas where homeowners are mostly around to switch the generator when needed. The switch location should also be convenient and easy to access in times of need.
Generators also come with additional accessories that some might find useful. For residences, for example, a remote annunciator panel can be installed indoors to show the current status of the generator.
There is also an option for remote monitoring as well as cold weather kits for added comfort and convenience. Time now to get into the best selling Propane Generators.
Best Propane Generators
- 12, 000 peak watt & 9000 running watt on gas or 10800 max Watt & 8500 on propane
- Seamlessly switch between gas & propane with digital control pad
- 9 hours run time @ max load or 16 hours run time @ 50% load
- Electric Start, low oil shutdown/warning lights
- Weather resistance cover outlet let you operates the unit in in any weather & condition
- Quiet and fuel efficient 111 cc OHV engine produces 2,200 starting watts and 1700 running watts
- Produces less than 3% total harmonic distortion making it safe for laptop computers, TVs and game systems
- 1-gallon fuel tank for up to 8 hours of continuous operation at 25% load, USB port allows charging of portable electronics in order to stay connected
- Parallel connector port allows connection between 2 units for more power. Muffler : Super Lo-Tone. Start Type : Recoil
- At 59dB operating volume, it's quieter than a normal conversation (Sound levels may vary based on proximity and location; measured at ¼ load at 7 meters from control panel side)
- 2,200 peak watts/ 1,800 rated watts (GAS) & 2,000 peak watts/ 1,600 rated watts (LPG)
- 80cc, 3Hp, single cylinder, 4-stroke, OHV, air cooled engine
- Inverter technology with parallel capability & super quiet operation (60Db)
- (2) 120V 15A AC outlets, (1) 5V integrated USB outlet, parallel sockets
- Stable sine wave to use with sensitive electronic equipment & dual fuel capability (GAS or LPG)
- Dual fuel technology allows generator to be run on propane or gas
- Heavy duty frame with four Point fully isolated motor mounts for Smooth quiet operation
- Full power panel with oil warning light, volt meter, circuit breaker and power outlets
- Run-time on gasoline at 50% maximum output: 10 hrs. Run-time on propane at 50% maximum output: 20 hrs. (Standard BBQ tank size)
- Low oil shut-off protects engine. Quiet muffler reduces engine noise
- Authorized Distributor Includes All Documentation and Support.
- Powerful 7.5 HP (224cc) dual-fuel engine is able to accept high wattage loads with ease. Heavy duty Steel frame comprised of 1-inch Steel Tubing
- Equipped with low oil protection, AC & DC regulators, and a spark arrestor, your unit will remain safe and in top operating condition
- Simply turn the key and start the generator or use the E-Z 1-pull recoil cord starter
- Generator sits on frame with four-point isolated motor mounts for Smooth operation
- Idle control holds RPM at a constant level even under heavy loads for fuel savings and noise reduction
- Runs on Natural Gas or Liquid Propane and features hands-free operation with no manual start, no fueling, and no extension cords
- True Power Technology provides safe, clean and smooth operation of sensitive electronics
- UL, CUL, and EPA Compliant for Safety
- 5-Year, Limited Warranty from Generac is included
Last update on 2019-04-23 at 10:50 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API