Whether it is for residential purposes or leisure reasons, a propane generator is an investment you will not regret.
Propane Generators have certain advantages over other generators.
Here we will give you the basics of the systems and operations of a Propane Generator.
What is a Propane Generator
Generators are devices that work by converting chemical or mechanical energy into electrical power.
A Propane Generator converts chemical energy from Propane fuel to power.
Increasing popularity of Propane Generators
Generators come in a wide variety of sizes, capacities, functions and power source. Their mechanical design include engines, turbines and pistons to name a few.
They can be powered by diesel, gas or propane. Propane Generators are powered by propane fuel. Propane is a Liquefied Petroleum Gas, from the family that includes butane and propylene.
Just over a hundred years ago, scientists developed a way to modify certain gases into liquids. In this form, they can be stored in bottles for safekeeping in homes and other common areas.
Click here to head straight to top selling Propane Generators, or read on to learn more.
Top reasons to buy a propane generator
PROPANE GENERATOR : STORAGE
Propane can be stored for a longer period of time compared to other types of fuel. Gasoline lasts for three months and evaporates in the most normal conditions.
Propane works even after 30 years of storage as long as the containing cylinder and valve are in good condition. These are usually high-quality galvanized gas cylinders.
PROPANE GENERATOR : CONVENIENCE & ECONOMY
No standing in long lines at the gas station. Propane is widely available in stores and neighborhood home improvement outlets.
Tops in economy, propane is one of the cheapest fuels going around. You have the lowest running costs when you buy a Propane Generator. They are the most homeowner pocket friendly generators.
While all other benefits are important, cost almost always tops the list of
considerations that matter the most.
PROPANE GENERATOR : CLEAN POWER
Propane is one of the few commercial fuels that burn cleanly. Unlike a gasoline generator a Propane Generator produces only half the amount of dangerous Carbon Monoxide gases.
This does not mean that one can ignore basic ventilation requirements though.
The risk of spillage is zero for propane fuel. It is generally stored in safe tanks that are equipped with security valves.
As a result, you don't have to worry about spilling and wasting the fuel when filling up. Simply connects the propane generator to the tank using a hose and turns on the valve for the fuel to flow.
PROPANE GENERATOR : LOW MAINTENANCE
Say goodbye to problems such as the the build-up of carbon and deposits or choking carburetors. Propane Generators are easy start and generally more reliable.
PROPANE GENERATORS : MORE POWER
Things get even better, Propane Generators produce significantly more power when compared to other generators.
Gas-powered generators are limited to around 8500 watts and are rather noisy as well.
With a Propane Generator you could easily go up-to 15000 watts. This amount is enough to keep the entire home powered including the central air.
Additionally, stationary generators powered by propane can be hardwired to automatically react and turn on when an outage occurs resulting in not
even a minute of darkness and discomfort.
PROPANE GENERATORS : DUAL FUEL & LESS NOISE
Many Propane Generator have dual fuel capability and can run on gasoline as well. Thats a boon during longer outages when a single source of fuel might run out.
Most Propane Generators are significantly quieter than their gasoline counterparts.
Propane Generator : Disadvantages
What are the disadvantages of a propane generator
Like all regular generators, Propane generators too cannot be used indoors. This is a limitation that applies to all generators other than Solar Generators.
Larger sizes of Propane Generators are more expensive. This is especially true for larger sizes such as 30KW and higher.
The general risk factor of propane fuel is lower despite being combustible. However, it is important to note that this gas is naturally heavier than air.
As a result, any leakages will easily sink to the floor level and be concentrated there. It cannot be easily detected in this form and location, so one will not be wary of the potential danger.
Propane Generator Buying Guidelines
What to look for when buying a propane generator
The first consideration the power requirement. Evaluate your load requirement. How much covered space will you need to power?
What are you peak demands for power as well as your average power use?
PROPANE GENERATOR : LOCATION
It should never be indoors for safety reasons. It should be easily accessible in times of maintenance and for repair purposes.
The area should be elevated avoid any water build up Additionally, there are required distances from the opening of building structures and combustible materials.
Are you planning to us it as a single phase source or would you need three phase. Having a professional electrician install your generator is always advisable.
PROPANE GENERATOR : TRANSFER SWITCH
In addition to the power requirements, it is also important to determine the transfer switch type. Automatic ones are usually incorporated in emergency systems when nobody is always around.
Manual switches are more suitable for residential areas where homeowners are mostly around to switch the generator when needed. The switch location should also be convenient and easy to access in times of need.
Generators also come with additional accessories that some might find useful. For residences, for example, a remote annunciator panel can be installed indoors to show the current status of the generator.
There is also an option for remote monitoring as well as cold weather kits for added comfort and convenience. Time now to get into the best selling Propane Generators.
Best Propane Generators
- 7500 rated watts & 9500 peak watts (gasoline); 6750 rated watts & 8550 peak watts (propane); 6. 6 gallon fuel tank with fuel gauge; electric push button start with Remote key fob
- Intuitive control panel features two GFCI 5-20R 120V household Duplex outlets and one L14-30R 120/240V 30A twist-lock outlet; outlets have rubber covers for added safety
- Plug-and-play: comes with a Remote start key fob, 12V Battery charger, oil, an oil funnel, a tool kit, and a user's Manual to get you started right out of the box (minimal assembly required)
- Powered by a 420cc Westinghouse 4-stroke OHV engine featuring a long-lasting cast iron sleeve with automatic low oil shutdown and digital hour meter
- EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed by 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage with Nationwide Customer Service and Support Network at 1-855-944-3571 or service@wpowereq
- Ultralight body weighs in at a mere 39 pounds for easy transport and storage
- Extremely quiet operation comparable to the sound of a normal conversation according to the US Department of Health and Human Services
- Produces 2000 surge watts and 1700 rated watts of clean power for safe charging of sensitive electronics (phones, tablets, televisions, computers, etc.)
- Fuel shutoff maximizes the generator’s lifespan by using up the remaining fuel in the carburetor before shutting down
- Includes two three-prong 120V receptacles, one 12V DC receptacle, two 5V USB ports, and a two-year warranty
- POWERFUL DUROMAX ENGINE: The XP12000EH is Powered by a DuroMax 18HP, 457cc DuroMax OHV Engine
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 12,000 starting watts and 9,500 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools
- DUAL FUEL TECHNOLOGY: This generator runs on gasoline or propane giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice.
- MX2 TECHNOLOGY: With DuroMax MX2 technology, get the maximum power from each of the 120 Volt receptacles; Choose between operating the generator at both 120V and 240V simultaneously, or at 120V only with full power
- LOW OIL SHUT-OFF: Protects your investment by automatically shutting the generator off when it senses that the oil is low.
- POWERFUL DUROSTAR ENGINE: The DS5500EH is powered by a DuroStar 7.5 HP 225cc OHV engine with automatic low oil shutoff; Fuel Capacity: 3.96 Gallons; Noise Level: 69dB
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 5,500 peak watts and 4,500 running watts, this unit is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs from powering high voltage appliances to heavy duty power tools
- POWER PANEL: Includes a selection of outlets for maximum compatibility in your applications including: 2 120V household outlets and 1 120/240V 30A twist lock outlet; Also includes a voltmeter and 12V DC charging posts for charging external batteries
- MAXIMUM POWER: With DuroStar MX2 technology, get the maximum power from each of the 120V outlets; Choose between operating the generator at both 120V and 240V simultaneously, or at 120V only with full power
- POWERING EVERYONE ANYWHERE: Like all DuroStar generators, the DS5500EH is EPA and CARB approved for use in all 50 states
- POWERFUL DUROMAX ENGINE: The XP2200EH is powered by a DuroMax 3HP, 80cc 4-Cycle Air-Cooled Spark Ignition.
- DUAL FUEL TECHNOLOGY: The ability to run on Propane or Gasoline allows the Freedom and Flexibility of Fuel Choice.
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 2, 200 starting watts and 1, 800 running watts, This unit provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs and help with fun at your campsite.
- MAXIMUM POWER: With DuroMax MX2 technology, get the maximum power from each of the 120 volt receptacle.
- POWERING EVERYONE ANYWHERE: Like all DuroMax generators, the XP2200EH is EPA and CARB approved for use in all 50 states.
- Dual Fuel – Operate your 3400-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 0.6-quarts of oil (recommended 10W-30) and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- Convenient Electric Start with 3-Position Ignition Switch – Battery included, plus Quick Touch Panel allows you to access all your controls in one spot.Noise Level :59 dBA at 23 feet. Frequency 60 Hz
- Ultra-Quiet Operation – 59 dBA is perfect for RVs, tailgating, your next project or backup power for your home, featuring 3400 starting watts and 3100 running watts with up to 7.5 hours run time on gasoline
- Clean Power for Sensitive Electronics – RV Ready with a 120V 30A RV, plus two 120V 20A household outlets with clean electricity (less than 3% THD) and 12V DC outlet with dual USB adapter
- Champion Support – Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
- 12, 000 peak watts/ 9, 500 Rated watts (gasoline) & 10, 800 peak watts/ 8, 550 Rated watts (LPG)
- Dual fuel capability allows you to choose between gasoline & LPG fuel sources; great for emergency situations or natural disaster as LPG may be more readily available and easy to store
- The 457cc, single cylinder, 4-stroke, air cooled, OHV engine with electric start is protected by a durable powder coated frame
- A 8 gallon fuel tank gives you up to 12 hours of continuous operation at half load when running on gasoline
- (4) 120V 20A AC outlets, (1) 120V/240V 30A twist-lock outlet, (1) 120V/240V 50A outlet, (1) 12V DC output provide ample space for powering appliances, tools, and other devices
Last update on 2020-07-13 at 18:01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API