Whether it is for residential purposes or leisure reasons, a propane generator is an investment you will not regret.
Propane Generators have certain advantages over other generators.
Here we will give you the basics of the systems and operations of a Propane Generator.
What is a Propane Generator
Generators are devices that work by converting chemical or mechanical energy into electrical power.
A Propane Generator converts chemical energy from Propane fuel to power.
Increasing popularity of Propane Generators
Generators come in a wide variety of sizes, capacities, functions and power source. Their mechanical design include engines, turbines and pistons to name a few.
They can be powered by diesel, gas or propane. Propane Generators are powered by propane fuel. Propane is a Liquefied Petroleum Gas, from the family that includes butane and propylene.
Just over a hundred years ago, scientists developed a way to modify certain gases into liquids. In this form, they can be stored in bottles for safekeeping in homes and other common areas.
Click here to head straight to top selling Propane Generators, or read on to learn more.
Top reasons to buy a propane generator
PROPANE GENERATOR : STORAGE
Propane can be stored for a longer period of time compared to other types of fuel. Gasoline lasts for three months and evaporates in the most normal conditions.
Propane works even after 30 years of storage as long as the containing cylinder and valve are in good condition. These are usually high-quality galvanized gas cylinders.
PROPANE GENERATOR : CONVENIENCE & ECONOMY
No standing in long lines at the gas station. Propane is widely available in stores and neighborhood home improvement outlets.
Tops in economy, propane is one of the cheapest fuels going around. You have the lowest running costs when you buy a Propane Generator. They are the most homeowner pocket friendly generators.
While all other benefits are important, cost almost always tops the list of
considerations that matter the most.
PROPANE GENERATOR : CLEAN POWER
Propane is one of the few commercial fuels that burn cleanly. Unlike a gasoline generator a Propane Generator produces only half the amount of dangerous Carbon Monoxide gases.
This does not mean that one can ignore basic ventilation requirements though.
The risk of spillage is zero for propane fuel. It is generally stored in safe tanks that are equipped with security valves.
As a result, you don't have to worry about spilling and wasting the fuel when filling up. Simply connects the propane generator to the tank using a hose and turns on the valve for the fuel to flow.
PROPANE GENERATOR : LOW MAINTENANCE
Say goodbye to problems such as the the build-up of carbon and deposits or choking carburetors. Propane Generators are easy start and generally more reliable.
PROPANE GENERATORS : MORE POWER
Things get even better, Propane Generators produce significantly more power when compared to other generators.
Gas-powered generators are limited to around 8500 watts and are rather noisy as well.
With a Propane Generator you could easily go up-to 15000 watts. This amount is enough to keep the entire home powered including the central air.
Additionally, stationary generators powered by propane can be hardwired to automatically react and turn on when an outage occurs resulting in not
even a minute of darkness and discomfort.
PROPANE GENERATORS : DUAL FUEL & LESS NOISE
Many Propane Generator have dual fuel capability and can run on gasoline as well. Thats a boon during longer outages when a single source of fuel might run out.
Most Propane Generators are significantly quieter than their gasoline counterparts.
Propane Generator : Disadvantages
What are the disadvantages of a propane generator
Like all regular generators, Propane generators too cannot be used indoors. This is a limitation that applies to all generators other than Solar Generators.
Larger sizes of Propane Generators are more expensive. This is especially true for larger sizes such as 30KW and higher.
The general risk factor of propane fuel is lower despite being combustible. However, it is important to note that this gas is naturally heavier than air.
As a result, any leakages will easily sink to the floor level and be concentrated there. It cannot be easily detected in this form and location, so one will not be wary of the potential danger.
Propane Generator Buying Guidelines
What to look for when buying a propane generator
The first consideration the power requirement. Evaluate your load requirement. How much covered space will you need to power?
What are you peak demands for power as well as your average power use?
PROPANE GENERATOR : LOCATION
It should never be indoors for safety reasons. It should be easily accessible in times of maintenance and for repair purposes.
The area should be elevated avoid any water build up Additionally, there are required distances from the opening of building structures and combustible materials.
Are you planning to us it as a single phase source or would you need three phase. Having a professional electrician install your generator is always advisable.
PROPANE GENERATOR : TRANSFER SWITCH
In addition to the power requirements, it is also important to determine the transfer switch type. Automatic ones are usually incorporated in emergency systems when nobody is always around.
Manual switches are more suitable for residential areas where homeowners are mostly around to switch the generator when needed. The switch location should also be convenient and easy to access in times of need.
Generators also come with additional accessories that some might find useful. For residences, for example, a remote annunciator panel can be installed indoors to show the current status of the generator.
There is also an option for remote monitoring as well as cold weather kits for added comfort and convenience. Time now to get into the best selling Propane Generators.
Best Propane Generators
- Dual fuel technology allows generator to be run on propane or gas
- Heavy duty frame with four Point fully isolated motor mounts for Smooth quiet operation
- Full power panel with oil warning light, volt meter, circuit breaker and power outlets
- Run-time on gasoline at 50% maximum output: 10 hrs. Run-time on propane at 50% maximum output: 20 hrs. (Standard BBQ tank size)
- Low oil shut-off protects engine. Quiet muffler reduces engine noise
- Dual Fuel - Operate your 3400-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 0.6-quarts of oil (recommended 10W-30) and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- Convenient Electric Start with 3-Position Ignition Switch - Battery included, plus Quick Touch Panel allows you to access all your controls in one spot.Noise Level :59 dBA at 23 feet. Frequency 60 Hz
- Ultra-Quiet Operation - 59 dBA is perfect for RVs, tailgating, your next project or backup power for your home, featuring 3400 starting watts and 3100 running watts with up to 7.5 hours run time on gasoline
- Clean Power for Sensitive Electronics - RV Ready with a 120V 30A RV, plus two 120V 20A household outlets with clean electricity (less than 3% THD) and 12V DC outlet with dual USB adapter
- Champion Support - Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
- Dual Fuel - Operate your 7500-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 1.2-quarts of oil (included) and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- Electric start - Power up the 439cc Champion engine with the handy toggle switch, battery included
- Intelligauge - Keep track of voltage, hertz and run-time hours to easily monitor power output and track maintenance intervals.1.5 Inch dia. tubular steel frame for protection and durability
- Powerful - At 9375 starting watts and 7500 running watts on gasoline and 8400 starting watts and 6750 running watts on propane, trust Volt Guard built-in surge protector to prevent overloads
- Champion Support - Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
- Gasoline: 7500 Rated Watts & 9000 Peak Watts; Propane: 6750 Rated Watts & 8550 Peak Watts; 6.6 Gallon Gas Fuel Tank w/ Gauge (Propane Tank NOT Included); Electric Push Button Start with Remote Key Fob
- Intuitive Control Panel Features Two GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) 5-20R 120V Household Duplex Outlets and One L14-30 120/240V 30A Twist-Lock Outlet (Common for Transfer Switch Hookup)
- Plug-and-Play! Includes Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, Funnel, Tool Kit, and User's Manual - Everything You Need to Get Started Right Out of the Box
- 420cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter
- EPA, CARB, and CSA Compliant; Backed By a 3-Year Warranty and Our Nationwide Customer Service Support Network at 1-855-944-3571 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quiet, portable inverter generator delivers 6,500 starting watts of reliable home backup power
- QuietPower Series inverter technology and a noise-reducing shell give you power that's more than 60% quieter than a standard generator (66 dBA at 25% load)
- Design is 45% more compact & 30% lighter (128 lbs) than a standard portable generator. Start Type: Recoil
- Highly-efficient 306cc Briggs & Stratton integrated engine/alternator provides up to 14 hours of run time at 25% load
- Power a wide variety of electronics & devices at the same time with (4) 120V-20A outlets, (2) USB outlets & (1) 120V-240V locking outlet. Use of RV adapter in the twist lock outlet provides 2500W of continuous power (120V / 20.8A)
- Dual Fuel - 12000 Peak Watts and 9500 Running Watts (Gasoline); 10800 Peak Watts and 8550 Running Watts (Propane); 6.6 Gallon Fuel Tank with Fuel Gauge and Automatic Low Oil Shutdown
- Electric Start - Convenient One-Touch Power Switch with Back-Up Recoil Start
- Full Control Panel Featuring Two 5-20R 120V 20 AMP Outlets for Home Use, One L5-30R 120V 30 AMP Outlet, and One TT-30R 120V 30 AMP Outlet; Two Grounding Ports; VFT Display - Volts, Frequency, and Lifetime Hours
- Powerful - 457cc OHV 4 Stroke Rainier Engine; Up to 17 Hours of Run Time at 25% Load; Operational Volume as Low as 72dB
- EPA and CARB Compliant; RV Ready - Includes Wheel Kit with Two 10 Inch Wheels and Two Foam Grip Handles for Your Convenience
- Built-in 30 Amp outlet - the EU2200i companion offers one 30 Amp receptacle for RV applications (requires optional adapter) and one 20 Amp receptacle, the 30 Amp receptacle allows 2 EU2200i models to be run in parallel by way of a simple parallel cord (sold separately) and not an external parallel kit
- Lightweight and compact - weighing less than 47 lbs. the EU2200i companion is incredibly lightweight and portable, thanks to Honda's inverter technology, it's easy to get it to where power is needed
- A fuel shutoff valve ("Fuel Off" position) allows the engine to continue to run until the majority of the fuel in the carburetor is consumed and the engine shuts off, which helps prevent stale fuel issues and is useful for storing the generator
- An increase in the ventilation area of 2.31 square inches compared with the outgoing model reduces cabinet air intake resistance, resulting in improved inverter cooling
- A bigger oil filler opening, a longer spout, and larger oil drain gutter make for easier and cleaner oil changes
Last update on 2018-12-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API