Whether it is for residential purposes or leisure reasons, a propane generator is an investment you will not regret.
Propane Generators have certain advantages over other generators.
Here we will give you the basics of the systems and operations of a Propane Generator.
What is a Propane Generator
Generators are devices that work by converting chemical or mechanical energy into electrical power.
A Propane Generator converts chemical energy from Propane fuel to power.
Increasing popularity of Propane Generators
Generators come in a wide variety of sizes, capacities, functions and power source. Their mechanical design include engines, turbines and pistons to name a few.
They can be powered by diesel, gas or propane. Propane Generators are powered by propane fuel. Propane is a Liquefied Petroleum Gas, from the family that includes butane and propylene.
Just over a hundred years ago, scientists developed a way to modify certain gases into liquids. In this form, they can be stored in bottles for safekeeping in homes and other common areas.
Click here to head straight to top selling Propane Generators, or read on to learn more.
Top reasons to buy a propane generator
PROPANE GENERATOR : STORAGE
Propane can be stored for a longer period of time compared to other types of fuel. Gasoline lasts for three months and evaporates in the most normal conditions.
Propane works even after 30 years of storage as long as the containing cylinder and valve are in good condition. These are usually high-quality galvanized gas cylinders.
PROPANE GENERATOR : CONVENIENCE & ECONOMY
No standing in long lines at the gas station. Propane is widely available in stores and neighborhood home improvement outlets.
Tops in economy, propane is one of the cheapest fuels going around. You have the lowest running costs when you buy a Propane Generator. They are the most homeowner pocket friendly generators.
While all other benefits are important, cost almost always tops the list of
considerations that matter the most.
PROPANE GENERATOR : CLEAN POWER
Propane is one of the few commercial fuels that burn cleanly. Unlike a gasoline generator a Propane Generator produces only half the amount of dangerous Carbon Monoxide gases.
This does not mean that one can ignore basic ventilation requirements though.
The risk of spillage is zero for propane fuel. It is generally stored in safe tanks that are equipped with security valves.
As a result, you don't have to worry about spilling and wasting the fuel when filling up. Simply connects the propane generator to the tank using a hose and turns on the valve for the fuel to flow.
PROPANE GENERATOR : LOW MAINTENANCE
Say goodbye to problems such as the the build-up of carbon and deposits or choking carburetors. Propane Generators are easy start and generally more reliable.
PROPANE GENERATORS : MORE POWER
Things get even better, Propane Generators produce significantly more power when compared to other generators.
Gas-powered generators are limited to around 8500 watts and are rather noisy as well.
With a Propane Generator you could easily go up-to 15000 watts. This amount is enough to keep the entire home powered including the central air.
Additionally, stationary generators powered by propane can be hardwired to automatically react and turn on when an outage occurs resulting in not
even a minute of darkness and discomfort.
PROPANE GENERATORS : DUAL FUEL & LESS NOISE
Many Propane Generator have dual fuel capability and can run on gasoline as well. Thats a boon during longer outages when a single source of fuel might run out.
Most Propane Generators are significantly quieter than their gasoline counterparts.
Propane Generator : Disadvantages
What are the disadvantages of a propane generator
Like all regular generators, Propane generators too cannot be used indoors. This is a limitation that applies to all generators other than Solar Generators.
Larger sizes of Propane Generators are more expensive. This is especially true for larger sizes such as 30KW and higher.
The general risk factor of propane fuel is lower despite being combustible. However, it is important to note that this gas is naturally heavier than air.
As a result, any leakages will easily sink to the floor level and be concentrated there. It cannot be easily detected in this form and location, so one will not be wary of the potential danger.
Propane Generator Buying Guidelines
What to look for when buying a propane generator
The first consideration the power requirement. Evaluate your load requirement. How much covered space will you need to power?
What are you peak demands for power as well as your average power use?
PROPANE GENERATOR : LOCATION
It should never be indoors for safety reasons. It should be easily accessible in times of maintenance and for repair purposes.
The area should be elevated avoid any water build up Additionally, there are required distances from the opening of building structures and combustible materials.
Are you planning to us it as a single phase source or would you need three phase. Having a professional electrician install your generator is always advisable.
PROPANE GENERATOR : TRANSFER SWITCH
In addition to the power requirements, it is also important to determine the transfer switch type. Automatic ones are usually incorporated in emergency systems when nobody is always around.
Manual switches are more suitable for residential areas where homeowners are mostly around to switch the generator when needed. The switch location should also be convenient and easy to access in times of need.
Generators also come with additional accessories that some might find useful. For residences, for example, a remote annunciator panel can be installed indoors to show the current status of the generator.
There is also an option for remote monitoring as well as cold weather kits for added comfort and convenience. Time now to get into the best selling Propane Generators.
Best Propane Generators
- Ez Start dial -- Operate your 2000-Watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus Ultra-Quiet operation of 53 dba from 23 feet is perfect for camping, Tailgating and more
- Parallel ready -- If you choose to buy the optional parallel kit, The space-saving design is parallel ready and can connect with another 2000-Watt inverter to double your output power
- Dual fuel -- Operate your 2000-Watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 0. 6-Quarts of oil (Recommended 10W-30) and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- Ultra-quiet operation -- 53 dba from 23 feet is perfect for camping, Tailgating or to backup a few home essentials, Featuring 2000 starting watts, 1600 running watts and up to 11 hours run time
- Champion Support -- Includes 3-year limited with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
- Dual Fuel - Runs on GAS or PROPANE straight out of the box. Engine type: 4-stroke, wheel diameter: 8.0 inches
- 4750 starting watts, 3800 running watts with up to 9 hours run time on a full tank of gas and up to 10.5 hours on a 20 lb. propane tank
- Powered by a reliable 224cc Champion engine with Touch Start, push-button electric start (battery included).Gasoline Starting Amps at 120V - 39.6A.Gasoline Running Amps at 120V - 31.7A.Propane Starting Amps at 120V - 35.6A.Propane Running Amps at 120V - 28.5A
- Frequency: 60 Hz. Outlets - 120V 30A RV, 120V 30A locking, two 120V 20A household outlets all secured by Volt Guard, protects your appliances from power surges
- Champion Support - 3 year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support. Refer instruction manual before use.
- Gas: 9500 Running Watts and 12500 Peak Watts, Propane: 8500 Running Watts, 11200 Peak Watts; Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 17. 5 Hours of Run Time on a 6. 6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI 120V 5–20R Standard Household Receptacle, One Transfer Switch Ready 120V L14-30R, One RV Ready 120/240V 14–50R, and Two 5V USB Ports; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Powered by a Heavy Duty 457cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve With Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter
- Plug-and-Play: Comes With a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User’s Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed by a 3-Year; Nationwide Customer Service and Support Network at 1-855-944-3571
- Dual Fuel – Operate your 3400-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 0.6-quarts of oil (recommended 10W-30) and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- Convenient Electric Start with 3-Position Ignition Switch – Battery included, plus Quick Touch Panel allows you to access all your controls in one spot.Noise Level :59 dBA at 23 feet. Frequency 60 Hz
- Ultra-Quiet Operation – 59 dBA is perfect for RVs, tailgating, your next project or backup power for your home, featuring 3400 starting watts and 3100 running watts with up to 7.5 hours run time on gasoline
- Clean Power for Sensitive Electronics – RV Ready with a 120V 30A RV, plus two 120V 20A household outlets with clean electricity (less than 3% THD) and 12V DC outlet with dual USB adapter
- Champion Support – Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
- Powerful DuroMax Engine: the XP12000EH is powered by a DuroMax 18HP, 457cc OHV engine.
- Dual fuel technology: the ability to run on propane or gasoline allows the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice.
- Plenty of power: with 12, 000 starting watts and 9, 500 running watts, This unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools.
- Maximum power: with DuroMax MX2 technology, get the maximum power from each of the 120 volt receptacle. Choose between operating the generator at both 120 V and 240 V Simultaneously, or at 120 only with full power.
- Powering everyone anywhere: like all DuroMax generators, the XP12000EH is EPA and CARB approved For use in all 50 States.
- Important note: all shipments require a working phone Number to schedule delivery and proper Address for the unit to be shipped out, or your order may be delayed or cancelled
- 10000 watt peak power, 8000 watt rated power(GAS); 8500 watt peak power, 7000 watt rated power(LPG)
- 15 HP 420cc OHV air cooled engine. Runs 11 hrs @ 1/2 load
- Fuel Capacity: 8 gallons; Operating Noise level: 76 dB; Electric start button & recoil start
- 4x AC Duplex 120V outlets; 1x 120v twist-lock outlet; 1x 120/240V twist-lock outlet; 1x 12V DC
Last update on 2020-01-29 at 04:12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API