OWI 14-in-1 Solar Robot is an engineering kit that is designed to explore solar energy for kids. It fascinates the mind and encourages scientific learning, logic and creativity. This robot will teach children the basic concepts behind robotics and renewable energy resources. Powered by the sun this solar powered robot can be transformed into 14 different robot modes. The robot moves in the direct sunlight and on land and water.
This makes this a really versatile kit with the ability to morph into different models depending on the level you choose. There are two levels in building the robot kit. Level one includes: Turtle-bot, Beetle-bot, Quadru-bot, Boat-bot, Walker-bot, Dog-bot and Wheel-bot. After children explore entry level designs, they can challenge their manipulative skills with Level Two projects: Roly Poly-bot, Auto-bot, Slither-bot, Surf-bot, Zombie-bot, Crab-bot and Row-bot.
The creators of the kit were not particularly creative with their names of the various robots. I personally like the name Robot Mobile for the one the right and the robot below is my favorite, Robot R2D2.
Additional features include: adjustable polarity on the solar panel to change direction of motor rotation, retractable robot head which can be quickly stored in the upper body, the robot head can be installed in the front, top or rear of the gearbox and transparent housing to see the movements of the gears.
The nice thing about this robot is that with so many parts, it provided baggies with stickers to keep all important parts together. This encourages the child to keep up with the parts needed to change the robot. It’s a great way to have fun with your kid while introducing important concepts.
The combination of renewable energy, robotics and the motor skills of assembly and organization make this a must have educational toy for your future Rocket Scientist in the making.
There are unfortunately a number of lookalike kits masquerading as the real OWI 14-in-1 Solar Robot in the market. Make sure you get the unit in the correct packaging and order from a reputable store like Amazon to be double sure.
There is a lot more you can do with solar. Check out these articles. Thank you for visiting mysolarhome.us.
|Solar Generators||Solar Panel Kits||Solar Backpacks||Solar Vents||Solar Toys|
|Solar Lights||Residential Solar||Solar Calculator||Solar Watches||Solar Robots|
- This solar powered robot can be transformed into 14 different robot modes
- Powered by the sun - no batteries required
- Two levels of building skill levels so the beginner and experienced robot builder will be equally engaged
- Excellent addition to a home-school curriculum
- OWI products are made in Taiwan - Include 4 color packaging in English
- Teach your kids about mechanics by building a real moving robot that runs on solar energy. No batteries are required.
- All you need to construct your new friend is included in this kit. When completed, watch the robot walk outside on a sunny day powered completely by the sun's UV rays.
- Once your robot is assembled you can teach it to do simple, everyday tasks.
- Household recycled materials can be adapted to turn your robot into a dinosaur or monster with its own personality.
- Give the gift of science with toys and gadgets that foster curiosity and encourage scientific learning. Recommended for ages 3 and up.
- Transform a recycled soda can into a solar-powered rover.
- This kit includes all the parts necessary to build one solar-powered car.
- Detailed assembly instructions included.
- Perfect for a young scientist with an interest in mechanics and alternate energy sources.
- Recommended for ages 8 years and up.
- Amazing solar robot toy for younger kids
- T4 has more transformations and larger parts for smaller hands
- Get the kids outside learning about solar power
- 4 Different solar powered modes: Robot, Insects, T-Rex and Driller
- OWI is a brand you can trust with products that make sense; OWI products build Confidence-> Self-esteem -> Celebration
- Robo Explorer robot toy features bright-green eyes, working tracks, rotating body and head, and posable arms with working claw and searchlight
- 3-in-1 model: rebuilds into a robot dog with a light-up jetpack or a robot bird with light-up eyes with the lego light brick
- Robo Explorer stands over 4” (11cm) tall
- Robot dog stands over 2” (7cm) tall
- Robot bird stands over 3” (8cm) tall
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) LEARNING TOY - This DIY learning toy allows kids to construct their very own Geo robot car that uses salt water or solar power as the energy source. Through the construction process, kids can also learn about problem solving and attention to detail when reading the manual.
- POWERED BY ALTERNATIVE GREEN ENERGY - The Geo Robot STEM kit is powered by renewable energy (salt water, metal plates, charcoal, or direct sunlight), using a safer and non-toxic power source.
- HANDS ON FUN & EASY TO BUILD - No need for screws or tools, allow children to interactively build a STEM kit robot car using clearly labeled parts. Kids can easily build Geo in 10-15 minutes by following the included detailed instructions. It's a great parent-child building project and puzzle all in one!
- LEARN THROUGH PLAYING - Kids can learn how to use alternative green energy sources to power up Geo and see the robot zip away from their fingertips. Our educational toy features scientific and historical fun facts in the instruction manual.
- SAFE PLAYING - A great and practical gift for children to enjoy and learn. Popular among schools and teachers for an interactive, hands-on learning experience. Our science kits for kids contains small parts, not for children under the age of 3. *WARNING: The residue on the metal plates and the absorbent paper is magnesium oxide. While the magnesium oxide is safe to handle, please keep it away from the eye or mouth.
- The solar powered robot can be transformed into 14 different robot modes which include a multitude of comical and functional movements. The user can easily change from a wagging-tail dog -> running beetle -> walking crab -> surfer -> speedster -> zombie chaser... The robot kit provides unique accessories (included) and parts that make the robot move on land and water.
- With alternative energy playing such a pivotal role, there is no better time than now to start children on the path to learning basic concepts behind these technologies. Fortunately, this product is powered by the sun, so there are no batteries required. The robot moves in the direct sunlight and allows children to create and use their infinite imagination.
- There are two levels in building the robot kit. Level one includes: Turtle-bot, Beetle-bot, Quadru-bot, Boat-bot, Walker-bot, Dog-bot, and Wheel-bot. After they amuse themselves with the entry level, can challenge their manipulative skills with second level: Roly Poly-bot, Auto-bot, Slither-bot, Surf-bot, Zombie-bot, Crab-bot, and Row-bot.
- Additional features includes: adjustable polarity on the solar panel to change direction of motor rotation, retractable robot head which can be quickly stored in the upper body, the robot head can be installed in the front, top or rear of the gearbox, and a transparent housing to see the movements of the gears.
- As the saying goes, "Our children are the future."And if anything is certain about that future, it is that renewable energy sources and green technologies will play a major role in our children's lives. With 14 in 1 Educational Solar Robot Kit, let them learn about their future and have fun doing it with.
- Great for first time science experimenters
- Illustrates how light energy from the sun can be transformed to electrical energy and mechanical motion
- BEWARE OF FAKE MERCHANDISE: OWI does not license to any companies in Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia or China. OWI PRODUCTS ARE ONLY PRODUCED IN TAIWAN
- Learn how solar energy can be used to generate electricity
- Gravity Maze is a fun combination of marble run and logic game, like marble runs from back in the day but with a logical twist!
- Perfect for players aged 8 and up, and like many of ThinkFun's brain games and stem toys it's a fun game whether you're a child or adult
- Contains 60 challenges ranging from beginner to expert that become increasingly difficult as you play through, along with a game grid, 9 towers, 1 target piece, and 3 marbles.
- Playing your way through the challenges builds spatial reasoning and planning skills, and provides a great stealth learning experience for young players.
- Winner of several awards, including the prestigious Toy of the Year Award in the Specialty Category, from the Toy Industry Association, Parents Choice Gold Award, and more.
- The 4M Tin Can Robot teaches the value of recycling by repurposing a used can into a fun and functional robot.
- No special tools or knowledge required; the kit contains detailed instructions and all the necessary parts.
- Just add a used soda pop can and let the fun begin.
- Use the kit to create a silly robot or a motorized monster, or a combination of the two.
- Requires one AA batteries (not included). Recommended for ages 8 years and up. Works well and long with Polaroid Batteries.
Last update on 2018-04-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API