OWI 14-in-1 Solar Robot is an engineering kit that is designed to explore solar energy for kids. It fascinates the mind and encourages scientific learning, logic and creativity. This robot will teach children the basic concepts behind robotics and renewable energy resources. Powered by the sun this solar powered robot can be transformed into 14 different robot modes. The robot moves in the direct sunlight and on land and water.
This makes this a really versatile kit with the ability to morph into different models depending on the level you choose. There are two levels in building the robot kit. Level one includes: Turtle-bot, Beetle-bot, Quadru-bot, Boat-bot, Walker-bot, Dog-bot and Wheel-bot. After children explore entry level designs, they can challenge their manipulative skills with Level Two projects: Roly Poly-bot, Auto-bot, Slither-bot, Surf-bot, Zombie-bot, Crab-bot and Row-bot.
The creators of the kit were not particularly creative with their names of the various robots. I personally like the name Robot Mobile for the one the right and the robot below is my favorite, Robot R2D2.
Additional features include: adjustable polarity on the solar panel to change direction of motor rotation, retractable robot head which can be quickly stored in the upper body, the robot head can be installed in the front, top or rear of the gearbox and transparent housing to see the movements of the gears.
The nice thing about this robot is that with so many parts, it provided baggies with stickers to keep all important parts together. This encourages the child to keep up with the parts needed to change the robot. It’s a great way to have fun with your kid while introducing important concepts.
The combination of renewable energy, robotics and the motor skills of assembly and organization make this a must have educational toy for your future Rocket Scientist in the making.
There are unfortunately a number of lookalike kits masquerading as the real OWI 14-in-1 Solar Robot in the market. Make sure you get the unit in the correct packaging and order from a reputable store like Amazon to be double sure.
There is a lot more you can do with solar. Check out these articles. Thank you for visiting MySolarHome.us
- This solar powered robot can be transformed into 14 different robot modes
- Powered by the sun - no batteries required
- Two levels of building skill levels so the beginner and experienced robot builder will be equally engaged
- Excellent addition to a home-school curriculum
- OWI products are made in Taiwan - Include 4 color packaging in English
- Teach your kids about mechanics by building a real moving robot that runs on solar energy. No batteries are required.
- All you need to construct your new friend is included in this kit. When completed, watch the robot walk outside on a sunny day powered completely by the sun's UV rays.
- Once your robot is assembled you can teach it to do simple, everyday tasks.
- Household recycled materials can be adapted to turn your robot into a dinosaur or monster with its own personality.
- Give the gift of science with toys and gadgets that foster curiosity and encourage scientific learning. Recommended for ages 3 and up.
- Transform a recycled soda can into a solar-powered rover.
- This kit includes all the parts necessary to build one solar-powered car.
- Detailed assembly instructions included.
- Perfect for a young scientist with an interest in mechanics and alternate energy sources.
- Recommended for ages 8 years and up.
- Amazing solar robot toy for younger kids
- T4 has more transformations and larger parts for smaller hands
- Get the kids outside learning about solar power
- 4 Different solar powered modes: Robot, Insects, T-Rex and Driller
- OWI is a brand you can trust with products that make sense; OWI products build Confidence-> Self-esteem -> Celebration
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) LEARNING TOY - This DIY learning toy allows kids to construct their very own Geo robot car that uses salt water or solar power as the energy source. Through the construction process, kids can also learn about problem solving and attention to detail when reading the manual.
- POWERED BY ALTERNATIVE GREEN ENERGY - The Geo Robot STEM kit is powered by renewable energy (salt water, metal plates, charcoal, or direct sunlight), using a safer and non-toxic power source.
- HANDS ON FUN & EASY TO BUILD - No need for screws or tools, allow children to interactively build a STEM kit robot car using clearly labeled parts. Kids can easily build Geo in 10-15 minutes by following the included detailed instructions. It's a great parent-child building project and puzzle all in one!
- LEARN THROUGH PLAYING - Kids can learn how to use alternative green energy sources to power up Geo and see the robot zip away from their fingertips. Our educational toy features scientific and historical fun facts in the instruction manual.
- SAFE PLAYING - A great and practical gift for children to enjoy and learn. Popular among schools and teachers for an interactive, hands-on learning experience. Our science kits for kids contains small parts, not for children under the age of 3. *WARNING: The residue on the metal plates and the absorbent paper is magnesium oxide. While the magnesium oxide is safe to handle, please keep it away from the eye or mouth.
- Great for first time science experimenters
- Illustrates how light energy from the sun can be transformed to electrical energy and mechanical motion
- BEWARE OF FAKE MERCHANDISE: OWI does not license to any companies in Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia or China. OWI PRODUCTS ARE ONLY PRODUCED IN TAIWAN
- Learn how solar energy can be used to generate electricity
- Use the power of the sun to propel your own robot
- Switch between rolling, walking, and rope climbing modes with this three-in-one toy
- Part of the Eco-Engineering and Green Science series from 4M, foster science interest with this robot building kit
- Add a small screwdriver (sold separately) to assemble your creation
- Use this kit with kids ages 8 and up
- The solar powered robot can be transformed into 14 different robot modes which include a multitude of comical and functional movements. The user can easily change from a wagging-tail dog -> running beetle -> walking crab -> surfer -> speedster -> zombie chaser... The robot kit provides unique accessories (included) and parts that make the robot move on land and water.
- With alternative energy playing such a pivotal role, there is no better time than now to start children on the path to learning basic concepts behind these technologies. Fortunately, this product is powered by the sun, so there are no batteries required. The robot moves in the direct sunlight and allows children to create and use their infinite imagination.
- There are two levels in building the robot kit. Level one includes: Turtle-bot, Beetle-bot, Quadru-bot, Boat-bot, Walker-bot, Dog-bot, and Wheel-bot. After they amuse themselves with the entry level, can challenge their manipulative skills with second level: Roly Poly-bot, Auto-bot, Slither-bot, Surf-bot, Zombie-bot, Crab-bot, and Row-bot.
- Additional features includes: adjustable polarity on the solar panel to change direction of motor rotation, retractable robot head which can be quickly stored in the upper body, the robot head can be installed in the front, top or rear of the gearbox, and a transparent housing to see the movements of the gears.
- As the saying goes, "Our children are the future."And if anything is certain about that future, it is that renewable energy sources and green technologies will play a major role in our children's lives. With 14 in 1 Educational Solar Robot Kit, let them learn about their future and have fun doing it with.
- Don't throw away that can! Turn it into a solar powered ROBOT
- Make a plastic bottle a water worthy solar powered boat
- Repurpose your old scratched CD's into a super cool, solar powered CD Racer
- Everything included but the recyclables to make a Street Roller, Walking Robot, Bottle Yacht, Drummer Robot, Flying Bird, or CD Racer
- OWI is a brand you can trust with products that make sense. OWI products build Confidence-> Self-esteem -> Celebration
- BUILD YOUR BOT - choose between the automotive or animal mode to put together a functional robot that each move in their own unique fashion. Engineered with a gear box for smooth movements, this 231 piece kit offers hours of fun.
- POWERED BY THE SUN - harness free energy from the sun to power any of the twelve robot builds. No need for batteries! alternative energy sources will do the job.
- PUMP UP THE ENERGY - Dodeca helps introduce the concept of hydraulic power technology in a playful fashion. Hydraulic power transmission helps move the created robot in a variety of ways matching their design.
- GEARED FOR EXCITEMENT - the vast number of gears and moving parts will help in the development of future engineers. They will learn how each piece works with others to form a finished robot with motion capabilities.
- RENEWABLE ENJOYMENT - The parts can be easily disassembled after completion of one robot kit. This allows for a steady source of learning and play along the way while making any of the 12 robot options. Whether building a T-Rex or a Forklift, Dodeca provides a great introduction to green technology.
Last update on 2018-06-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API