Choosing the Best Survivalist Generator
There are many reasons you could need a backup power source. From an act of god to accidentally shorting out your circuits, to getting stuck powerless in a storm. A Survivalist Generator is a god send in trouble.
Survivalist Generators are household staples in places like Florida where the threat of a hurricane is imminent. Most run on gas and only get used maybe once a year.
They’re something you don’t need until you really need them (like a first aid kit). Don’t get stuck in the dark, powerless, and in need of help.
Things to Consider
When you’re buying a survivalist generator, you need to make sure it’ll fit your needs. This means knowing that you can afford it, afford to power it and that it can provide enough power for your family.
Before you buy, ask yourself these three questions below.
What’s your Budget?
You’re going to spend at least one thousand dollars on your survivalist generator and that’s for a small one. They’re complex pieces of machinery, which is why they cost so much.
In an emergency, when you’re safe and warm with power to your phones, you won’t think about the cost. You can buy from most sites and stores with finance plans, so you won’t drop a whole thousand at once for you survivalist generator.
The price also depends on the type and capabilities you need.
There are two main types of survivalist generators, standby and portable. A portable generator has wheels and you usually keep it in the corner of the garage.
A standby generator gets welded into the electrical system of your home. If the original power sources fail or go out, the generator automatically comes on.
Due to the complexities of installing a standby generator, they’re more expensive. However, they’re more trustworthy than having to venture outdoors and get your portable from the garage.
Like everything in life, you pay for ease and convenience. If it’s worth it to you to have automatic safety, pay more for your survivalist generator.
Ok, now that you have an idea how a survivalist generator works, you need to see what will work for you.
How much energy do you need? How many watts of energy does your family use per day? Do a quick calculation and divide your power bill by the days in a month.
Then choose a generator that covers that power range. If you get a diesel-powered generator, it’ll have a higher wattage but cost more up-front.
If you live out in the country or in a high-risk area where help may not arrive for days, get more watts to account for that. You want to have what you need to get through an emergency.
The Survivalist Generator Decision
With these things in mind, what’s the highest wattage your family needs that’s in your price range? Make a list of three or so, and read the online reviews.
Once you’re ready, buy your survivalist generator, do it! You never know when an emergency will hit.
Here are a selection of the top survivalist generators. The first few are Solar Generators, the next ones are Gas Generators and the last ones are diesel generators. Enjoy the selection.
Top Survivalist Generators
- AC/DC/USB Outputs: (2x) AC outlet (max 100W, peak power 150W); (4 x) DC port (15A / 180W max); (1x) QC3.0 USB port (18W max); (3x) USB ports (10.5W max); charges or powers products such as laptops, phones, tablets, cameras, drones, CPAP machine, small home appliances and more
- On-the-Go Power Source: 150Wh (3.7V 40500mAh/11.1V 13500mAh) powerful charging station for camping or emergency backup; probably the most compact power station with a size of 7.3*4.3*4.7 inch, and the weight is only 2.9 lbs; 2 hideable lift handles make it even more portable
- Efficient Solar Generator: connect a solar panel (not included) and S270 Power Station via DC 3.5X1.35 to MC4 connector (included), it can be a silent and gas-free solar generator; with MPPT solar charge controller inside, the unit can be charged much more efficiently
- Triple Input Modes: (1) can be recharged by connecting to SUAOKI 60W, 100W solar panel (SOLD SEPARATELY); (2) can be fully charged in 8 hours by being plugged into wall outlet; (3) can also be charged by plugging into your car 12V socket. (Car charger included)
- Perfect Emergency Tool: battery management system (BMS) enables voltage control, temperature control and more advanced safety operations, ensuring ultra-safety for you and your devices; can also works as a torch for emergency lighting; 18 months warranty and friendly customer service
- UPGRADE --- Comparing to other similar style, this Power Station is with larger power capacity 288Wh rather than 200Wh, built-in more USB and DC ports. Perfect emergency power generator for home/ travel/ camping/ CPAP machine (Use DC-DC converter from your CPAP would get longer hours)/ RC helicopter/ Laptop/ Phones/ Lights all electronic devices.
- EASILY RECHARGEABLE VIA SUN,WALL OUTLET AND CAR --- Charged by solar panel(13V-24V,solar charger cable sold separately) Charged by wall outlet(7-8 hours fully charged, power adapter included) Charged by car 12V adapter(car charger included). Easy and Fast! Kindly Notice: The solar panel is not included with the generator, you need to buy separately!
- On Line UPS -- Battery power supply surge protection for desktop pc,workstations,networking devices and home entertainment systems.Safeguards valuable documents, photos, videos,and music files, playstation from loss or damage due to power outage.
- Versatile Outputs and Mini Size -- Pure-sine wave inverter,3 three-prong 110V receptacles (for devices up to 500Watt/0.67Hp) ,4 DC 12V ports ,4 USB ports ,1W Led flashlight,Car emergency jump starter,emergency power generator around you!Just weight 7LB!
- Safety Guaranteed and Warranty -- Battery Management System (BMS) Provide short circuit, Overcharger Overload protection, environmental protection, energy saving and fire-proof ABS materia.Our worry-free 12-month warranty and friendly customer service.
- Portable Solar Generator Kit: A rechargeable & replaceable battery solar generator system with solar panels, storage solar generator power to battery and supply power to LED light and mobile phone. Widely applicable to home, camping, rv.
- Multiple Outports: 6 watt 6V solar panel, 9Ah 3.7V battery, 2 USB 5V DC Output for your tablets, iPhone, iPad, usb fans and small TV charged up, or lights. 4 Ports 3.7 V output to LED light.
- Compact: portable, small size, outdoor.6.9*6.5*3.0 inch, weight:3.3Lb(4.2Lb with all accessories). Widely applicable to camping, hiking, fishing, expedition, hunting, outdoor activities and home as emergency power supply.2 way charging- by solar energy, or by AC Power.
- Durable: Use rechargeable & replaceable battery and high quality solar panels, with lifetime more than 10000h.
- Package content: 1* Portable Power Generator ,1* Solar panel,5* Rechargeable battery,1* Power cable,1* Multi function USB cable,3* LED Lamps,1* Remote Control,1* User Manual.
- The Phoenix is an all-in-one portable solar power system specifically designed for mobile, off-grid applications and is ideal for emergencies
- This compact, lightweight back-up system combines highly efficient Renogy 20W Monocrystalline Solar Panels and can expand up to 100 watts with additional PVs
- The Phoenix can be charged by solar, AC power, or car power and comes with a 16Ah Li-ion(NMC) battery
- The included 16Ah Li-ion(NMC) battery , giving the capability of limitless power
- Minimum Inverter Efficiency: 80 percentage, Max Continuous Output Power: 150W, Output AC Frequency: 60 Hz
- EPAIII and CARB compliant generator allows for operation in all 50 states
- Rated amperage 12.5 A.1800 surge watts and 1500 running watts provides power for both times of emergency and recreation
- Lightweight and compact generator runs at half load for 7.5 hours off of 1.1 gallons of gasoline
- Includes two AC120V three-prong wall outlets and one cigarette-lighter-style 12V DC outlet
- Low-oil shutdown safeguards the 4-stroke OHV engine from damage while the spark arrestor permits usage while camping in national parks and forests
- 4400 Watt Surge/3500 Watt Continuous
- 4 Gallon Gas Tank/8 Hour Run Time
- Electric Key Start/Includes Battery
- EPA Approved;Spark plug wrench
- Automatic Low Oil Shut Off
- 3600 Rated Watts & 4650 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 3240 Rated Watts & 4180 Peak Watts (Propane); 4 Gallon Fuel Tank (with Fuel Gauge); Electric Push Button and Remote Start
- Intuitive Control Panel Features a 5-20R 120V Duplex Outlet, an RV-Ready TT-30 30 Amp Outlet, and an L5-30 30 Amp Outlet
- 212cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine; Long Lasting Cast Iron Engine Sleeve; Automatic Low Oil Shutdown
- Plug-and-Play! Comes With Oil, Oil Funnel, Tool Kit, and User's Manual; Minimal Assembly Required (Wheel Installation and Battery Hookup)
- EPA, CARB, and CSA Compliant; 3-Year Warranty; Nationwide Customer Service and Support at 1-855-944-3571 (email@example.com)
- Dependable DuroStar 4-stroke single-cylinder direct injection diesel engine with Remote start and/or electric start for easy use
- Dependable, maintenance-free Alternator with automatic voltage regulator
- Full-power panel with keyed ignition, oil alert automatic shutdown for low oil pressure, volt meter, circuit breakers, low fuel indicator and power outlets
- Fully protected 12-Volt, 120-volt and 220-volt outlets. Ground fault interrupter 120-volt outlet (gfi) for safe operation
- Vibration isolation mounting between engine/Alternator feet and base frame reduce vibration and improving durability. Super quiet muffler and soundproofing reduces engine noise
- Dual Fuel - Operate your 7500-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 1.2-quarts of oil (included) and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- Electric start - Power up the 439cc Champion engine with the handy toggle switch, battery included
- Intelligauge - Keep track of voltage, hertz and run-time hours to easily monitor power output and track maintenance intervals.1.5 Inch dia. tubular steel frame for protection and durability
- Powerful - At 9375 starting watts and 7500 running watts on gasoline and 8400 starting watts and 6750 running watts on propane, trust Volt Guard built-in surge protector to prevent overloads
- Champion Support - Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
- Gasoline: 7500 Rated Watts & 9000 Peak Watts; Propane: 6750 Rated Watts & 8550 Peak Watts; 6.6 Gallon Gas Fuel Tank w/ Gauge (Propane Tank NOT Included); Electric Push Button Start with Remote Key Fob
- Intuitive Control Panel Features Two GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) 5-20R 120V Household Duplex Outlets and One L14-30 120/240V 30A Twist-Lock Outlet (Common for Transfer Switch Hookup)
- Plug-and-Play! Includes Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, Funnel, Tool Kit, and User's Manual - Everything You Need to Get Started Right Out of the Box
- 420cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter
- EPA, CARB, and CSA Compliant; Backed By a 3-Year Warranty and Our Nationwide Customer Service Support Network at 1-855-944-3571 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If that wasn’t enough you might like to go to this really large shopping selection of Solar Survivalist Generators.
Last update on 2018-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API