Choosing the Best Survivalist Generator
There are many reasons you could need a backup power source. From an act of god to accidentally shorting out your circuits, to getting stuck powerless in a storm. A Survivalist Generator is a god send in trouble.
Survivalist Generators are household staples in places like Florida where the threat of a hurricane is imminent. Most run on gas and only get used maybe once a year.
They’re something you don’t need until you really need them (like a first aid kit). Don’t get stuck in the dark, powerless, and in need of help.
Things to Consider
When you’re buying a survivalist generator, you need to make sure it’ll fit your needs. This means knowing that you can afford it, afford to power it and that it can provide enough power for your family.
Before you buy, ask yourself these three questions below.
What’s your Budget?
You’re going to spend at least one thousand dollars on your survivalist generator and that’s for a small one. They’re complex pieces of machinery, which is why they cost so much.
In an emergency, when you’re safe and warm with power to your phones, you won’t think about the cost. You can buy from most sites and stores with finance plans, so you won’t drop a whole thousand at once for you survivalist generator.
The price also depends on the type and capabilities you need.
There are two main types of survivalist generators, standby and portable. A portable generator has wheels and you usually keep it in the corner of the garage.
A standby generator gets welded into the electrical system of your home. If the original power sources fail or go out, the generator automatically comes on.
Due to the complexities of installing a standby generator, they’re more expensive. However, they’re more trustworthy than having to venture outdoors and get your portable from the garage.
Like everything in life, you pay for ease and convenience. If it’s worth it to you to have automatic safety, pay more for your survivalist generator.
Ok, now that you have an idea how a survivalist generator works, you need to see what will work for you.
How much energy do you need? How many watts of energy does your family use per day? Do a quick calculation and divide your power bill by the days in a month.
Then choose a generator that covers that power range. If you get a diesel-powered generator, it’ll have a higher wattage but cost more up-front.
If you live out in the country or in a high-risk area where help may not arrive for days, get more watts to account for that. You want to have what you need to get through an emergency.
The Survivalist Generator Decision
With these things in mind, what’s the highest wattage your family needs that’s in your price range? Make a list of three or so, and read the online reviews.
Once you’re ready, buy your survivalist generator, do it! You never know when an emergency will hit.
Here are a selection of the top survivalist generators. The first few are Solar Generators, the next ones are Gas Generators and the last ones are diesel generators. Enjoy the selection.
Top Survivalist Generators
- AC/DC/USB Outputs: (2x) AC outlet (max 100W, peak power 150W); (4 x) DC port (15A / 180W max); (1x) QC3.0 USB port (18W max); (3x) USB ports (10.5W max); charges or powers products such as laptops, phones, tablets, cameras, drones, CPAP machine, small home appliances and more
- On-the-Go Power Source: 150Wh (3.7V 40500mAh/11.1V 13500mAh) powerful charging station for camping or emergency backup; probably the most compact power station with a size of 7.3*4.3*4.7 inch, and the weight is only 2.9 lbs; 2 hideable lift handles make it even more portable
- Efficient Solar Generator: connect a solar panel (not included) and S270 Power Station via DC 3.5X1.35 to MC4 connector (included), it can be a silent and gas-free solar generator; with MPPT solar charge controller inside, the unit can be charged much more efficiently
- Triple Input Modes: (1) can be recharged by connecting to SUAOKI 60W, 100W solar panel (SOLD SEPARATELY); (2) can be fully charged in 8 hours by being plugged into wall outlet; (3) can also be charged by plugging into your car 12V socket. (Car charger included)
- Perfect Emergency Tool: battery management system (BMS) enables voltage control, temperature control and more advanced safety operations, ensuring ultra-safety for you and your devices; can also works as a torch for emergency lighting; 18 months warranty and friendly customer service
- VERSATILE & PORTABLE POWER SOURCE: comes with 3*100V/110V AC outlets (300W Pure Sine Power Inverter), 4*DC outlets (a extra cigarette socket cable), 4*USB ports. It can charge USB/5V, DC/12V and AC appliance anywhere
- On-the-Go Power Source: 200Wh powerful charging station for camping or emergency backup; probably the most compact power station with a size of 9.1*4.3*5.2 inch, and the weight is only 5.2 lbs
- Pure sine wave: Better than modified sine wave, high efficiency, high frequency, stable technology, suitable for all kinds of load, can be connected to many electrical equipments and no interference.
- With 3 Ways Input Charging- Home wall AC outlet power,Car cigarette DC 12V/24V power and 18v 100W solar power panel（Separately)
- What You Get:300W Portable Generator,AC Adapter,Car Charging Cable,DC Cable,MC4 Solar Connector Cable,User Manual along with our 18-month warranty and friendly&easy-to-reach customer service.
- JACKERY PORTABLE POWER STATION, POWER OUTDOORS!
- JACKERY EXPLORER 240: one of the Jackery Explorer family, is a Portable Power Station, features an AC-outlet, CarPort and USB-outputs. With its 240Wh Capacity, it's capable of charging/powering multiple portable device to fulfill your needs on power when living an outdoor life.
- EASY OUTDOOR LIFE: light and compact, it's easily portable and lightest in its class at just 6.6 lbs and 5'' wide and 8'' tall, with an easy-carry handle for easy travel. It's noise-free without vibration. And it hazes zero emissions, therefore does no harm to personal health, nor to the nature.
- RECHARGED ANYWHERE: recharged under the sun with the Jackery 50W Solar Panel (sold separately) within 10-hrs (in full sun) while living outdoors; recharged from a CarPort within 8-hrs while living a van life; or from an AC wall outlet within 8-hrs.
- POWER OUTDOORS: Plug in a mini coffee maker, mini-fridge, portable cooler and much more. Now you can keep food fresh in coolers for a family cook-out at the campsite. Or keep your drinks cold and plug in a TV/Projector for tailgating before the big game or camping with friends. Or power your GoPro/camera to film your adventures when fishing, hunting, car-traveling, boating etc? Take Jackery Explorer 240 with you to power all your outdoor fun.
- UPGRADED 250-WATT POWERFUL AC, USB ADN 12V OUPUTS: Comparing similar battery powered generators, Rockpals portable generator has upgraded the AC output to 250W continuous (300W surge max) dual AC outputs, built-in 2x USB 2.1A and 4x DC 12V ports. Perfect emergency backup power for home/ travel/ camping, charging up your tablets, iPhone, iPad, laptops, fans, TV, lights and CPAP machine (*Use DC-DC converter from your CPAP would get longer hours)
- HIGH CAPACITY LIGHTWEIGHT LITHIUM POWER PACK: 222WH(3.7V 60Ah/12V 18.5Ah) lithium polymer batteries and weights 5.5lb. powerful enough to charge smartphones 25 times, laptops 3-5 times, 32" TVs 2-3 hours, mini-refrigerator or other small appliances, lights, and more (AC output). This solar generator is also very handy to be put on your RV, camper and perfect for emergencies, camping or wherever you need power
- EASILY RECHARGEABLE VIA THE SUN OR WALL: 1)The solar generator can be recharged from the sun with any compatible 50W or 100W solar panel (SOLD SEPARATELY). 2) This battery pack can be fully charged in 8 hours by being plugged into wall outlet.
- PURE SINE WAVE INVERTER: Better than modified sine wave and clean power like utility supplied electricity. Inductive loads like microwaves and motors run faster, quieter and cooler. Reduces audible and electrical noise in fans, fluorescent lights, audio amplifiers, TV, fax and answering machines. And it is a gas-free source of portable power supply, it runs quiet (The cooling fan on the side of generator will make a slight sound when working), no exhaust fumes.
- WHAT YOU GET: Rockpals portable generator (222Wh Portable Power Supply), 6.5ft / 2m AC adapter, 3.3ft / 1m car charger cable, DC to Cig Socket adapter, user guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
- EPAIII and CARB compliant generator allows for operation in all 50 states
- Rated amperage 12.5 A.1800 surge watts and 1500 running watts provides power for both times of emergency and recreation
- Lightweight and compact generator runs at half load for 7.5 hours off of 1.1 gallons of gasoline
- Includes two AC120V three-prong wall outlets and one cigarette-lighter-style 12V DC outlet
- Low-oil shutdown safeguards the 4-stroke OHV engine from damage while the spark arrestor permits usage while camping in national parks and forests
- 4400 Watt Surge/3500 Watt Continuous
- 4 Gallon Gas Tank/8 Hour Run Time
- Electric Key Start/Includes Battery
- EPA Approved;Spark plug wrench
- Automatic Low Oil Shut Off
- 7500 Running Watts and 9500 Peak Watts; Remote Start with Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; 6.6 Gallon Fuel Tank with Fuel Gauge; 10 Hour Run Time at 50% Load
- Features Two GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) 5-20R 120V Household Duplex Receptacle and One L14-30R 120/240V Twist-Lock Receptacle; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Plug-and-Play: Comes with a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User's Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- Powered by a 420 cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve with Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter
- EPA, CARB, and CSA Compliant; Backed By a 3-Year Warranty; Nationwide Customer Service and Support Network at 1-855-944-3571
- Dependable DuroStar 4-stroke single-cylinder direct injection diesel engine with Remote start and/or electric start for easy use
- Dependable, maintenance-free Alternator with automatic voltage regulator
- Full-power panel with keyed ignition, oil alert automatic shutdown for low oil pressure, volt meter, circuit breakers, low fuel indicator and power outlets
- Fully protected 12-Volt, 120-volt and 220-volt outlets. Ground fault interrupter 120-volt outlet (gfi) for safe operation
- Vibration isolation mounting between engine/Alternator feet and base frame reduce vibration and improving durability. Super quiet muffler and soundproofing reduces engine noise
- Dual fuel technology allows generator to be run on propane or gas
- Heavy duty frame with four Point fully isolated motor mounts for Smooth quiet operation
- Full power panel with oil warning light, volt meter, circuit breaker and power outlets
- Run-time on gasoline at 50% maximum output: 10 hrs. Run-time on propane at 50% maximum output: 20 hrs. (Standard BBQ tank size)
- Low oil shut-off protects engine. Quiet muffler reduces engine noise
- Dual Fuel - Runs on GAS or PROPANE straight out of the box. Engine type: 4-stroke, wheel diameter: 8.0 inches
- 4750 starting watts, 3800 running watts with up to 9 hours run time on a full tank of gas and up to 10.5 hours on a 20 lb. propane tank
- Powered by a reliable 224cc Champion engine with Touch Start, push-button electric start (battery included)
- Outlets - 120V 30A RV, 120V 30A locking, two 120V 20A household outlets all secured by Volt Guard, protects your appliances from power surges
- Champion Support - 3 year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support
If that wasn’t enough you might like to go to this really large shopping selection of Solar Survivalist Generators.
Last update on 2018-08-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API