Football and the Tailgate Generator
Football season may be right around the corner, but tailgating is a year-round event. 18% of fans that attend a sporting event tailgate and 10% of tailgaters never make it to the game.
There are a lot of reasons tailgating is a big deal, but the number one reason is the food! But how do you power up your TV, fridge, or anything else you need to throw a good party?
With a tailgate generator, of course! In this review roundup, we introduce you to the best generators for your tailgate party.
Why You Need a Tailgate Generator
There was a time when tailgating meant meeting your friends before a football game, cracking open a couple of brews, grilling some hot dogs, then heading into the stadium for the game.
Today, it’s a big business. One survey found the average NFL tailgater spends $196 on their pregame party. In another poll, 55% of tailgaters surveyed say they prefer portable grills over full-size grills.
Tailgate Party Accessories
Electric smokers, freezers, and refrigerators are also growing in popularity as does the extravagance that comes with throwing a tailgate party in the 21st century. That means you need a tailgating power source.
You want to find the quietest generator for tailgating that isn’t harmful to you or the environment, and that means the best tailgate generator is one that is solar-powered.
The Best Tailgate Generators on the Market
Battery life, how much it powers, and ease of transport are all critical when discussing the best tailgating generators. That’s why these are some of the best and most popular on the market…
Enerplex 1200 Lightweight Tailgate Generator Kit with Lithium Battery
This unit ticks off a lot of the boxes you’re looking for in a portable generator. Weighing an astounding 42 Lbs., the Enerplex 1200 is one of the lightest on the market at it power range.
It comes with two 48-watt Ascent XD 48 solar panels, and an extra one can be added if needed. With an adapter, other panels are also usable.
Its lithium-ion battery life is 1,231 watt-hours, and the Enerplex 1200 can handle devices up to 1000 watts.
Goal Zero Yeti 1400 Lithium Tailgate Generator
Goal Zero is one of the most trusted brands on the market with several top-rated models like the Yeti 1400, Yeti 1250, and Yeti 400 to choose from.
The Yeti 1400 is WiFi enabled and can charge up to 10 devices with zero noise. With its 1425 Wh lithium battery, you can power devices for hundreds of hours on a full charge.
The downside is that like its 400 and 1250 counterparts; it doesn’t come with solar panels so you have to buy a separate system to charge it at your tailgate.
Kalisaya KP601 KaliPAK Tailgate Generator
If you don’t need to run a lot of electronics and you’re looking for a lightweight, compact portable generator, the Kalisaya KP601 is a great choice.
It has four USB ports and two 12V ports with a 558 wh capacity. Yet, its battery life cycle will last 1000-1500 hours and charges in 18-19 hours.
The Kalisaya KP601 weighs 14 Lbs., so it’s easy to transport an has remote system monitoring via iOS and Android app.
We’re Your Source For Solar Technology
We are the premier site for solar technology and are the recipients of TMT News’ 2017 Best Solar Technology News Portal award. Our mission is to provide you with the information you need to make informed choices when it comes to contributing to a sustainable future.
And here are few more Tailgate Generators for you to look at
Tailgate Generators from Amazon
- Extremely quiet operation is comparable to the sound of a normal conversation according to the US Department of Health and Human Services
- EPA III and CARB Compliant 79.7 cc 4-stroke OHV engine produces 2000 surge watts and 1600 rated watts
- Great for campgrounds, construction sites, tailgates and power outages
- Produces clean power to safely operate and prevent damage to sensitive electronics such as smart phones, tablets, televisions and computers
- Includes two three-prong 120V receptacles, one 12V DC receptacle and one 5V USB port
- JACKERY PORTABLE POWER STATION, POWER OUTDOORS!
- JACKERY EXPLORER 240: one of the Jackery Explorer family, is a Portable Power Station, features an AC-outlet, CarPort and USB-outputs. With its 240Wh Capacity, it's capable of charging/powering multiple portable device to fulfill your needs on power when living an outdoor life.
- EASY OUTDOOR LIFE: light and compact, it's easily portable and lightest in its class at just 6.6 lbs and 5'' wide and 8'' tall, with an easy-carry handle for easy travel. It's noise-free without vibration. And it hazes zero emissions, therefore does no harm to personal health, nor to the nature.
- RECHARGED ANYWHERE: recharged under the sun with the Jackery 50W Solar Panel (sold separately) within 10-hrs (in full sun) while living outdoors; recharged from a CarPort within 8-hrs while living a van life; or from an AC wall outlet within 8-hrs.
- POWER OUTDOORS: Plug in a mini coffee maker, mini-fridge, portable cooler and much more. Now you can keep food fresh in coolers for a family cook-out at the campsite. Or keep your drinks cold and plug in a TV/Projector for tailgating before the big game or camping with friends. Or power your GoPro/camera to film your adventures when fishing, hunting, car-traveling, boating etc? Take Jackery Explorer 240 with you to power all your outdoor fun.
- EPAIII and CARB compliant generator allows for operation in all 50 states
- Rated amperage 12.5 A.1800 surge watts and 1500 running watts provides power for both times of emergency and recreation
- Lightweight and compact generator runs at half load for 7.5 hours off of 1.1 gallons of gasoline
- Includes two AC120V three-prong wall outlets and one cigarette-lighter-style 12V DC outlet
- Low-oil shutdown safeguards the 4-stroke OHV engine from damage while the spark arrestor permits usage while camping in national parks and forests
- Rated at 1600 Watts with Peak of 2000Watts
- 79cc 3.5 horse power engine
- 1.18 Gallon tank, .29 GPH , 6.3 hour runtime at half load
- 61 dB noise level when running
- 120 Voltage, 13.3V
- 1000 Rated Watts and 1200 Peak Watts at Less Than 3% THD - Weighs Only 35 Lbs. - Gas Powered - Two 120V 20 Amp Outlets
- Great Choice for Home Use as an Emergency Backup in a Power Outage - Strong Enough to Run Most Home Essentials
- Extremely Quiet, Extremely Fuel Efficient: 52 dB Noise Output and 10 Hour Run Time at 25% Load (0.8 Gallon Gas Tank) - Features "Efficiency Mode" for Maximum Fuel Efficiency
- Parallel Capable - Combine Your iGen1200 with the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT, iGen1200, iGen2200, and iGen2500 to Increase Available Wattage and Amperage (Requires Westinghouse Parallel Cord)
- Three Year Warranty and Free Lifetime Technical Support at 1-855-944-3571 - EPA, USFS, and CARB Compliant (Legal for Sale in California)
Last update on 2019-01-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API