Football and the Tailgate Generator
Football season may be right around the corner, but tailgating is a year-round event. 18% of fans that attend a sporting event tailgate and 10% of tailgaters never make it to the game.
There are a lot of reasons tailgating is a big deal, but the number one reason is the food! But how do you power up your TV, fridge, or anything else you need to throw a good party?
With a tailgate generator, of course! In this review roundup, we introduce you to the best generators for your tailgate party.
Why You Need a Tailgate Generator
There was a time when tailgating meant meeting your friends before a football game, cracking open a couple of brews, grilling some hot dogs, then heading into the stadium for the game.
Today, it’s a big business. One survey found the average NFL tailgater spends $196 on their pregame party. In another poll, 55% of tailgaters surveyed say they prefer portable grills over full-size grills.
Tailgate Party Accessories
Electric smokers, freezers, and refrigerators are also growing in popularity as does the extravagance that comes with throwing a tailgate party in the 21st century. That means you need a tailgating power source.
You want to find the quietest generator for tailgating that isn’t harmful to you or the environment, and that means the best tailgate generator is one that is solar-powered.
The Best Tailgate Generators on the Market
Battery life, how much it powers, and ease of transport are all critical when discussing the best tailgating generators. That’s why these are some of the best and most popular on the market…
Enerplex 1200 Lightweight Tailgate Generator Kit with Lithium Battery
This unit ticks off a lot of the boxes you’re looking for in a portable generator. Weighing an astounding 42 Lbs., the Enerplex 1200 is one of the lightest on the market at it power range.
It comes with two 48-watt Ascent XD 48 solar panels, and an extra one can be added if needed. With an adapter, other panels are also usable.
Its lithium-ion battery life is 1,231 watt-hours, and the Enerplex 1200 can handle devices up to 1000 watts.
Goal Zero Yeti 1400 Lithium Tailgate Generator
Goal Zero is one of the most trusted brands on the market with several top-rated models like the Yeti 1400, Yeti 1250, and Yeti 400 to choose from.
The Yeti 1400 is WiFi enabled and can charge up to 10 devices with zero noise. With its 1425 Wh lithium battery, you can power devices for hundreds of hours on a full charge.
The downside is that like its 400 and 1250 counterparts; it doesn’t come with solar panels so you have to buy a separate system to charge it at your tailgate.
Kalisaya KP601 KaliPAK Tailgate Generator
If you don’t need to run a lot of electronics and you’re looking for a lightweight, compact portable generator, the Kalisaya KP601 is a great choice.
It has four USB ports and two 12V ports with a 558 wh capacity. Yet, its battery life cycle will last 1000-1500 hours and charges in 18-19 hours.
The Kalisaya KP601 weighs 14 Lbs., so it’s easy to transport an has remote system monitoring via iOS and Android app.
We’re Your Source For Solar Technology
We are the premier site for solar technology and are the recipients of TMT News’ 2017 Best Solar Technology News Portal award. Our mission is to provide you with the information you need to make informed choices when it comes to contributing to a sustainable future.
And here are few more Tailgate Generators for you to look at
Tailgate Generators from Amazon
- SPEED UP YOUR RECHARGEABILITY: It takes only 2 hours to recharge 80% battery of the power station through the wall outlet and 60W PD USB-C port simultaneously. You can also recharge your power station with an AC adapator when at home, through the car outlet during a road trip or simply use a Jackery SolarSaga 100.
- SAFE & STEADY POWER SUPPLY: Armed with a 293Wh lithium-ion battery pack, the Explorer 300 features 2 Pure Sine Wave AC outlets that deliver stable and safe 300W power. The portable power station weighs only 7.1 pounds. You can simply rest assured in outdoor off-grid activities.
- POWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS: Featuring 2* AC outlet, 1* PD 60W USB-C port (input/output supported) , 1* fast charge 3.0 port, 1*USB-A port and 1* DC car port, the power station can recharge itself and charge (up to) 6 devices (e.g.Drones, Macbook, Cameras, etc.) at the same time to satisfy your outdoor needs.
- GREEN POWER SUPPLY: The power station is compatible with the Jackery SolarSaga 100 solar panel. The integrated MPPT controller enables the solar generator set to operate at its max power point, so that it speeds up the battery recharge, making them ideal portable power kits for tent camping, overland journey and etc.
- WHAT YOU GET: 1* Jackery Explorer 300 Portable Power Station , 1*AC adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user guide
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: The Jackery Explorer 240 portable power station has been featured as the "Best Portable Power Station for use in the outdoors" by Digital Trends. A classic choice for your pick.
- EASY TO CARRY: This entry-level portable power station is equipped with a 240Wh lithium-ion battery pack, weighing only at 6.6 pounds. The solid handle makes it easy to carry around for outdoor adventures such as Tent Camping, Road Trip, Backyard Camping, etc.
- VERSATILE POWER SOURCE: 1* Pure Sine Wave AC outlet (110V 200W 400W Peak), 2* USB-A ports (5V, 2.4A), and 1* 12V DC car port to charge your road trip essentials such as smartphones, laptops, cameras, fans, lights and so on. Pass-through charging is supported.
- GREEN POWER SUPPLY: The power station can be recharged by the Jackery SolarSaga 60 solar panel or SolarSaga 100 solar panel. Its built-in MPPT controller enables the solar panel to operate at its max power point for the power station to be recharged at its highest efficiency. TWO alternative ways to recharge: through the wall outlet or the car outlet.
- WHAT YOU GET: 1* Jackery Explorer 240 portable power station, 1*AC adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user guide.
- 9500 Running Watts and 12500 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 8500 Running Watts, 11200 Peak Watts (Propane); Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 12 Hours of Run Time on a 6. 6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI 120V 5–20R Standard Household Receptacle, One Transfer Switch Ready 120V L14-30R, and One RV Ready 120/240V 14–50R; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Powered by a Heavy Duty 457cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve With Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter. VFT display gives you real time updates with the voltage output, frequency, and lifetime hours
- Plug-and-Play: Comes With a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User’s Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed by 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage with Nationwide Customer Service Network
- Ultralight body weighs in at a mere 39 pounds for easy transport and storage
- Extremely quiet operation comparable to the sound of a normal conversation according to the US Department of Health and Human Services
- Produces 2350 surge watts and 1900 rated watts of clean power for safe charging of sensitive electronics (phones, tablets, televisions, computers, etc.)
- Fuel shutoff maximizes the generator’s lifespan by using up the remaining fuel in the carburetor before shutting down
- Includes two three-prong 120V receptacles, one 12V DC receptacle, two 5V USB ports, and a two-year warranty
- LONG LASTING ENDURANCE: The Explorer 500 portable power station is built with the lithium-ion battery pack, in a safely designed frame structure to maximize, and long last the power for every single use of outdoor adventures and home use.
- THE PERFECT CAPACITY: With a 518 watt-hour (24Ah, 21.6V) capacity, it is ready to power many appliances - mini cooler, fan, projector, lamp light, and TV.
- SUPPORT PASS-THROUGH CHARGING: This power station features 1* AC outlet (110V 500W 1000W Peak), 3*USB-A ports, 2* DC ports, and 1*car port. Its Battery Management System governs each individual cell, improving the battery life cycle while being pass-through charged.
- DESIGNED FOR PORTABILITY: Same size as a basketball, this Explorer 500 is easy to carry with its solid handle, making it a compact and reliable choice for scenarios of camping, road-trip, RV, and home backup.
- WHAT YOU GET: 1* Jackery Explorer 500 Portable Power Station (518Wh Power Station), 1*AC adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user manual.
Last update on 2022-06-27 at 23:26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API