Football and the Tailgate Generator
Football season may be right around the corner, but tailgating is a year-round event. 18% of fans that attend a sporting event tailgate and 10% of tailgaters never make it to the game.
There are a lot of reasons tailgating is a big deal, but the number one reason is the food! But how do you power up your TV, fridge, or anything else you need to throw a good party?
With a tailgate generator, of course! In this review roundup, we introduce you to the best generators for your tailgate party.
Why You Need a Tailgate Generator
There was a time when tailgating meant meeting your friends before a football game, cracking open a couple of brews, grilling some hot dogs, then heading into the stadium for the game.
Today, it’s a big business. One survey found the average NFL tailgater spends $196 on their pregame party. In another poll, 55% of tailgaters surveyed say they prefer portable grills over full-size grills.
Tailgate Party Accessories
Electric smokers, freezers, and refrigerators are also growing in popularity as does the extravagance that comes with throwing a tailgate party in the 21st century. That means you need a tailgating power source.
You want to find the quietest generator for tailgating that isn’t harmful to you or the environment, and that means the best tailgate generator is one that is solar-powered.
The Best Tailgate Generators on the Market
Battery life, how much it powers, and ease of transport are all critical when discussing the best tailgating generators. That’s why these are some of the best and most popular on the market…
Enerplex 1200 Lightweight Tailgate Generator Kit with Lithium Battery
This unit ticks off a lot of the boxes you’re looking for in a portable generator. Weighing an astounding 42 Lbs., the Enerplex 1200 is one of the lightest on the market at it power range.
It comes with two 48-watt Ascent XD 48 solar panels, and an extra one can be added if needed. With an adapter, other panels are also usable.
Its lithium-ion battery life is 1,231 watt-hours, and the Enerplex 1200 can handle devices up to 1000 watts.
Goal Zero Yeti 1400 Lithium Tailgate Generator
Goal Zero is one of the most trusted brands on the market with several top-rated models like the Yeti 1400, Yeti 1250, and Yeti 400 to choose from.
The Yeti 1400 is WiFi enabled and can charge up to 10 devices with zero noise. With its 1425 Wh lithium battery, you can power devices for hundreds of hours on a full charge.
The downside is that like its 400 and 1250 counterparts; it doesn’t come with solar panels so you have to buy a separate system to charge it at your tailgate.
Kalisaya KP601 KaliPAK Tailgate Generator
If you don’t need to run a lot of electronics and you’re looking for a lightweight, compact portable generator, the Kalisaya KP601 is a great choice.
It has four USB ports and two 12V ports with a 558 wh capacity. Yet, its battery life cycle will last 1000-1500 hours and charges in 18-19 hours.
The Kalisaya KP601 weighs 14 Lbs., so it’s easy to transport an has remote system monitoring via iOS and Android app.
We’re Your Source For Solar Technology
We are the premier site for solar technology and are the recipients of TMT News’ 2017 Best Solar Technology News Portal award. Our mission is to provide you with the information you need to make informed choices when it comes to contributing to a sustainable future.
And here are few more Tailgate Generators for you to look at
Tailgate Generators from Amazon
- Dimensions: 18" x 11" x 18" | Weight: 50 lbs
- Noise Level: 53 dB operation
- EPA III and CARB Compliant 79.7 cc 4-stroke OHV engine produces 2000 surge watts and 1600 rated watts
- Great for campgrounds, construction sites, tailgates and power outages
- Produces clean power to safely operate and prevent damage to sensitive electronics such as phones, tablets, televisions and computers
- AC, USB and 12V DC OUTPUTS: Our powerful generator includes variety of outputs, 110V Dual AC outlet (max 100W), 3 12V DC ports max (180W,with an extra cigarette socket cable), 3 5V USB ports, to recharge all your devices like phones, tablets, laptops, cameras, and running lights It is suitable with small home appliances as well
- 3 CHARGING MODES: This Generator can be recharged by connecting to a solar panel (SOLD SEPARATELY), or can be fully charged in 8 hours by being plugged into wall outlet, it can also be charged by plugging into your car 12V socket (Car charger included)
- UPDARED POWER: The SereneLife generator has a upgraded powerful power capacity, 42000mAh, more built in USB and DC ports, Perfect emergency power backup for home, travel, camping, backseat on long road trips
- GAS FREE,GUARANTEED SAFE TO USE: Advanced safety operations such as emergency light button switch, voltage control & short circuit/overpower protection This power bank also comes with built in LED flashlight & battery level indicator
- GET IT WITH CONFIDENCE: This premium generator is backed by a 1 year quality warranty of complete satisfaction If you are not satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, you can return with 100 percent money back No hassles, no question asked
- 1800 Rated Watts and 2200 Peak Watts at Less Than 3% THD - Weighs Only 46 Lbs. - Gas Powered - Two 120V 20 Amp Outlets, Two USB Outlets
- Great Choice for Home Use as an Emergency Backup in a Power Outage - Strong Enough to Run All Your Home Essentials
- Extremely Quiet, Extremely Fuel Efficient: as Low as 52 dBA Noise Output and 12 Hour Run Time on a 1. 2 Gallon Gas Tank - Features "Efficiency Mode" for Maximum Fuel Efficiency
- Parallel Capable - Combine Your iGen2200 with the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT, iGen1200, iGen2200, and iGen2500 to Increase Available Wattage and Amperage (Requires Westinghouse Parallel Cord)
- EPA, USFS, and CARB Compliant; Backed by 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage with Nationwide Customer Service and Support Network at 1-855-944-3571 or email@example.com
- Founded in California in 2012, Jackery specializes in providing outdoor green power solutions for explorers. Jackery portable power station, power outdoors.
- QUIET GENERATOR & ECO-FRIENDLY CLEAN POWER: Jackery Explorer 240 is equipped with a 240 watt-hour (16.8Ah, 14.4V) lithium-ion battery pack, no fuel or gasoline needed, no fumes, no clanging! Pack light for your next camp trip with Jackery portable power station.
- OUTDOOR CAMPING BATTERY: Portable power station specially designed for charging laptops, mini-cooler, drone and other outdoor electronics. Explorer 240 features 1* AC outlet (110V 200W 400W Peak), 2* USB-A ports and 1* DC car port, power your outdoor adventure without worry.
- SOLAR READY GENERATOR. Pairs well with Jackery Solar Saga 60W/100W (sold separately), easily get recharged with the efficient solar panel. Pure sine wave inverter portable power station, protect your sensitive devices; Jackery Portable power station with solid handle, easy to carry wherever you go.
- PACKAGE DETAILS: You will receive 1* Jackery Explorer 240 Portable Power Station (240Wh Portable Power Station), 1*AC Adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user guide.
- Quiet, Compact, Easy to use. AC rated output running Watts: 1700, AC maximum output starting Watts: 2200. Rated 120 VAC Amperage-14.1
- Truepower technology provides clean, stable power ideal for sensitive electronics, tools and appliances while the 1.2 gallon fuel tank allows 10.75 hours of run time at 25% load
- Built-in handle makes it easy to transport and the integrated OFF/RUN/CHOKE knob simplifies startup procedures
- Economy mode provides excellent fuel economy and noise reduction while the LED status lights alerts you on low-oil, overload and power
- Parallel ready allows you to connect 2 inverters together for twice the power (parallel kit model 7118 sold separately)
Last update on 2020-05-31 at 08:53 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API