Football and the Tailgate Generator
Football season may be right around the corner, but tailgating is a year-round event. 18% of fans that attend a sporting event tailgate and 10% of tailgaters never make it to the game.
There are a lot of reasons tailgating is a big deal, but the number one reason is the food! But how do you power up your TV, fridge, or anything else you need to throw a good party?
With a tailgate generator, of course! In this review roundup, we introduce you to the best generators for your tailgate party.
Why You Need a Tailgate Generator
There was a time when tailgating meant meeting your friends before a football game, cracking open a couple of brews, grilling some hot dogs, then heading into the stadium for the game.
Today, it’s a big business. One survey found the average NFL tailgater spends $196 on their pregame party. In another poll, 55% of tailgaters surveyed say they prefer portable grills over full-size grills.
Tailgate Party Accessories
Electric smokers, freezers, and refrigerators are also growing in popularity as does the extravagance that comes with throwing a tailgate party in the 21st century. That means you need a tailgating power source.
You want to find the quietest generator for tailgating that isn’t harmful to you or the environment, and that means the best tailgate generator is one that is solar-powered.
The Best Tailgate Generators on the Market
Battery life, how much it powers, and ease of transport are all critical when discussing the best tailgating generators. That’s why these are some of the best and most popular on the market…
Enerplex 1200 Lightweight Tailgate Generator Kit with Lithium Battery
This unit ticks off a lot of the boxes you’re looking for in a portable generator. Weighing an astounding 42 Lbs., the Enerplex 1200 is one of the lightest on the market at it power range.
It comes with two 48-watt Ascent XD 48 solar panels, and an extra one can be added if needed. With an adapter, other panels are also usable.
Its lithium-ion battery life is 1,231 watt-hours, and the Enerplex 1200 can handle devices up to 1000 watts.
Goal Zero Yeti 1400 Lithium Tailgate Generator
Goal Zero is one of the most trusted brands on the market with several top-rated models like the Yeti 1400, Yeti 1250, and Yeti 400 to choose from.
The Yeti 1400 is WiFi enabled and can charge up to 10 devices with zero noise. With its 1425 Wh lithium battery, you can power devices for hundreds of hours on a full charge.
The downside is that like its 400 and 1250 counterparts; it doesn’t come with solar panels so you have to buy a separate system to charge it at your tailgate.
Kalisaya KP601 KaliPAK Tailgate Generator
If you don’t need to run a lot of electronics and you’re looking for a lightweight, compact portable generator, the Kalisaya KP601 is a great choice.
It has four USB ports and two 12V ports with a 558 wh capacity. Yet, its battery life cycle will last 1000-1500 hours and charges in 18-19 hours.
The Kalisaya KP601 weighs 14 Lbs., so it’s easy to transport an has remote system monitoring via iOS and Android app.
We’re Your Source For Solar Technology
We are the premier site for solar technology and are the recipients of TMT News’ 2017 Best Solar Technology News Portal award. Our mission is to provide you with the information you need to make informed choices when it comes to contributing to a sustainable future.
And here are few more Tailgate Generators for you to look at
Tailgate Generators from Amazon
- Extremely quiet operation is comparable to the sound of a normal conversation according to the US Department of Health and Human Services
- EPA III and CARB Compliant 79.7 cc 4-stroke OHV engine produces 2000 surge watts and 1600 rated watts
- Great for campgrounds, construction sites, tailgates and power outages
- Produces clean power to safely operate and prevent damage to sensitive electronics such as smart phones, tablets, televisions and computers
- Includes two three-prong 120V receptacles, one 12V DC receptacle and one 5V USB port
- 155-WATT PORTABLE CHARGER: 42,000maH capacity, 3.7V lithium ion for power and device charging. The compact power supply has a variety of outputs including 110V AC outlet inverter, DC outputs & dual USB device charge ports for simultaneous charging
- COMPATIBLE WITH SOLAR PANELS: Power charging station for emergency, camping, & other outdoor trips. This portable power pack supply is compatible with solar panel generators & comes with simple electric plug-in design
- UNIVERSAL PLUG COMPATIBILITY: This silent and gas-free power generator comes with 2-prong & 3-prong outlets which work with plugs from other countries. Charging on the road is also easy with its 12V car charger cable
- WORKS WITH MULTIPLE DEVICES: Compatible with various devices such as phones, tablets, laptops, cameras, and running lights. It is suitable with small home appliances as well. Weighs 3.3lbs, fits perfectly in the backpack for long road trips
- GUARANTEED SAFE TO USE: Advanced safety operations such as emergency light button switch, voltage control & short circuit/overpower protection. This power bank also comes with built-in LED flashlight & battery level indicator
- 63cc air-cooled 2 cycle gas engine
- 5 hours run-time at 50% capacity
- Circuit breaker protection
- One 120 volt grounded receptacle
- Recoil start
- JACKERY PORTABLE POWER STATION, POWER OUTDOORS!
- JACKERY EXPLORER 240: one of the Jackery Explorer family, is a Portable Power Station, features an AC-outlet, CarPort and USB-outputs. With its 240Wh Capacity, it's capable of charging/powering multiple portable device to fulfill your needs on power when living an outdoor life.
- EASY OUTDOOR LIFE: light and compact, it's easily portable and lightest in its class at just 6.6 lbs and 5'' wide and 8'' tall, with an easy-carry handle for easy travel. It's noise-free without vibration. And it hazes zero emissions, therefore does no harm to personal health, nor to the nature.
- RECHARGED ANYWHERE: recharged under the sun with the Jackery 50W Solar Panel (sold separately) within 10-hrs (in full sun) while living outdoors; recharged from a CarPort within 8-hrs while living a van life; or from an AC wall outlet within 8-hrs.
- POWER OUTDOORS: Plug in a mini coffee maker, mini-fridge, portable cooler and much more. Now you can keep food fresh in coolers for a family cook-out at the campsite. Or keep your drinks cold and plug in a TV/Projector for tailgating before the big game or camping with friends. Or power your GoPro/camera to film your adventures when fishing, hunting, car-traveling, boating etc? Take Jackery Explorer 240 with you to power all your outdoor fun.
- Powerful DuroStar 2 HP motor. Spark arrested muffler for safe use.
- Low oil shut-off protects engine from damage.
- E-Z pull recoil allows for user friendly starting.
- 120V household outlets powers your favorite appliances. Fuel efficient motor allows for 6 hour run time.
- 50 state emissions rating for safe use.
Last update on 2019-09-15 at 20:01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API